Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The tag is salt because NaCl attracts H2O and can cause swelling as well as heart problems

https://twitter.com/GrahamBarfield/status/1046882623195242496

https://twitter.com/PanthersBill/status/867004860927004672

Also Joey Bosa is still dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

FizFashizzle posted:

Also Joey Bosa is still dead

From wikipedia:

quote:

Bosa's great-grandfather was Chicago mob boss Tony Accardo;

During Prohibition, Accardo got the nickname "Joe Batters" after using a baseball bat to murder three mobsters who had betrayed the Outfit. [Al] Capone was allegedly quoted as saying, "Boy, this kid's a real Joe Batters."

RIP Joe Batters Jr.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Joe Batters IV, sir.

Also Patrick Mahomes continues to be amazing even when he has a bad half. 28-of-45, 304 yards, Pass TD, Rushing TD. Unfortunately 14 Pass TDs isn't a record through four games, but that was a tough win in a hostile environment that wasn't a meaningless game this time and a good pass rush.

Bring on the Jags.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Patrick Mahomes and the chiefs have an "off day" and still rack up 28 points against a pretty good Denver defense on the road.

That's uh, a good team.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

When Mahomes was asked if he took any solace in the fact that the Eagles won a Super Bowl with an untested quarterback, he was really humble, he said "I dunno, it ain't easy being Midnight Green"

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Mahomes sounds like Seth Rogan doing a Kermit impression

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Drew Brees is gonna break the NFL all time passing yards record this week.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Kelvin Benjamin took a freaknasty pop to the snackcake against the Packers, at approximately 0.0 yards of separation.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Armando Salguero is pushing super hard for the Steelers to trade Bell for DeVante Parker :laffo:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Abugadu posted:

Kelvin Benjamin took a freaknasty pop to the snackcake against the Packers, at approximately 0.0 yards of separation.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Maybe the Broncos will call more Freeman runs in week 5 instead of losing again when averaging over 6 ypc, geez

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm really digging the new forum name

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

pmchem posted:

Maybe the Broncos will call more Freeman runs in week 5 instead of losing again when averaging over 6 ypc, geez

Yeah no clue why they went away from running the ball with both backs.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

cavallingus posted:

:perfect:

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Panthers are getting a lot of dudes back in the next couple of weeks. G Trai Turner and WRs Damiere Byrd and Curtis Samuel. Week after we get LB Thomas Davis back from suspension. Hopefully Greg Olsen comes back around mid-season.

WR is going to be a huge issue though with so many similarly talented guys. The least talented guy, Jarius Wright, has been super reliable so far for a #4 receiver. I'm not sure you can justify benching him.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I can justify benching the poo poo out of Torrey Smith, however.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Dominique Easley had his 4th knee surgery yesterday.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

poor bastard, that's gotta suck

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

He's already admitted that's probably it for his career. It's sad because he's been pretty good when he's been on the field for the Rams.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Slowpoke! posted:

Panthers are getting a lot of dudes back in the next couple of weeks. G Trai Turner and WRs Damiere Byrd and Curtis Samuel. Week after we get LB Thomas Davis back from suspension. Hopefully Greg Olsen comes back around mid-season.

WR is going to be a huge issue though with so many similarly talented guys. The least talented guy, Jarius Wright, has been super reliable so far for a #4 receiver. I'm not sure you can justify benching him.

And Eric Reid is going to be in the lineup next week too :D

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Belichick needs to stop drafting players with injury flags and go back to drafting players with murder flags.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

cavallingus posted:

No loving way :vince:

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Slowpoke! posted:

Wright was solid for years with the Vikes, sucks he’s not around anymore.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

cavallingus posted:

:same: and I know it's a halloween name but I'd be fine with it for this entire season.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

My favorite kelvin Benjamin moment this year is him reacting to his terrible stats by acting as if he wasn't getting thrown to

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
lol

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2018/week-4-quick-reads

quote:

Where to begin? From the Buffalo 49 to the goal line, Allen went 3-of-11 for 20 yards with one first down, two interceptions, and three sacks. That includes an interception on his only red zone play. He had seven first downs; five of them came with Buffalo down by at least 19 points in the second half. At one point he was sacked on four consecutive dropbacks, which may be a first. On third downs, he went 3-of-10 for 61 yards with three conversions, two interceptions, and three sacks. He had six third downs with 5 yards or less to go for a first down; they resulted in two incompletions, an interception, and three sacks. Throwing to his right, he went 4-of-14 for 23 yards and only two first downs. We could go on, but instead we'll just point you to this thread by our old buddy Cian Fahey showing many of Allen's gaffes one GIF at a time.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

At one point he was sacked on four consecutive dropbacks

How the gently caress does that happen?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I cant wait for the Jaguars to play Buffalo.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kalli posted:

Your pro bowl caliber interior line fucks off with a broken neck and/or looking to cut off dad's head, so you sign bad backups

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's also worth noting there was an objectively incorrect sack call along with a phantom fumble. Still a god awful day, but marginally better

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kalli posted:

The Packers are the new Iron Curtain????

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

News: The Jaguars play the Chiefs next Sunday at 1:00pm at Arrowhead. The Chiefs have the highest scoring offense in the league and the Jaguars have the fewest points allowed by their defense.

Views: The Jaguars are going to find a way to stink it up.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

News: The Jaguars play the Chiefs next Sunday at 1:00pm at Arrowhead. The Chiefs have the highest scoring offense in the league and the Jaguars have the fewest points allowed by their defense.

please win

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

A 1pm game that should be SNF

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Blitz7x posted:

One of either Chiefs or Rams (determined by opponent) should be in SNF until they both lose.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

In case nobody knew the Chiefs didn't win in Denver for ten loving years of my childhood.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Kalli posted:

The Bills o-line is the worst in the NFL so there's no one to protect him. And the WR corps is also the worst, so there's no one to throw to.

It's going to be real fun at the start of November when Mack comes to town.

Josh Allen gonna die.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

kiimo posted:

In case nobody knew the Chiefs didn't win in Denver for ten loving years of my childhood.
cry me a river m8

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Blitz7x posted:

The 49ers get FIVE primetime games, the Bears start the season with two in a row, all sorts of other BS, but the Jaguars get one Sunday night game and one Thursday night game (against the Titans, so no one is going to watch. The game is probably matched up against some sort of non-football event so they scheduled a "primetime" game for both teams on a day no one will watch anyway). Good loving job NFL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

kiimo posted:

An entire generation was born and graduated college in the time it took the Lions to win again at Lambeau.

• Locked thread