Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

weird Asian candy posted:

How bad does your oline need to be to trade for Ereck Flowers?

Seahawks level?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

When the Jags played the Pats the only real threat on offense they had to worry about was Gronk - so put the corner on him. The Chiefs are a whole different monster.
They are, and obv I no NFL caliber DC, but it was really drat stupid to hope that Telvin Smith and Myles Jack could cover the NFL's 2nd best TE.

The Jaguars are down to their 3rd LT so I wouldnt mind throwing a 7th out for him. He's at least played LT in the NFL before, unlike the current projected starter.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Browns

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

ELO Musk posted:

Seahawks level?

drat! you beat me to it!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Broncos release King. What a disaster

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Blitz7x posted:

This is like the fourth time this has happened this year and each time they give it to Lynch they score

Amazing

I think Lynch is 3/5 on those runs, actually. Still, maybe give that a try first?? The way Carr is playing right now he should be banned from throwing the ball inside the 20.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The Giants o-line makeover just didn't go very well did it.

Will Hernandez, their second round pick, looks to be getting better every game and has helped them a lot. Besides him and Solder who was never more than mediocre, they didn't even do that much to fix it in the first place.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

cavallingus posted:

Broncos release King. What a disaster

Yeah they did it with an injury settlement. Something about a core injury?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

pubic works project posted:

Yeah they did it with an injury settlement. Something about a core injury?

I think I read it was a 3 month recovery time.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Play posted:

I think Lynch is 3/5 on those runs, actually. Still, maybe give that a try first?? The way Carr is playing right now he should be banned from throwing the ball inside the 20.

https://twitter.com/BairNBCS/status/1049393700650987520

It is a mystery

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

1st and goal from the one should be an automatic run.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Chiefs kicker is pretty good.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/1049037941350309888?s=19

Vance Joseph is screwed

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Yes when you're down 20-3 on your opponent's one yard line it is usually helpful to score a touchdown. You should choose the play that often gets you a touchdown.

I don't understand how the score relates to that situation at all, but then again I never understand Jon Gruden

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

They're stuck with Gruden for 10 years now?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

Rivers never had Walter Payton.

And by the time Rivers came into his own around 2008 or 2009, Tomlinson was a shell of his former self. He had his best years with Brees and Rivers' first year.

It doesn't really help matters much that AJ Smith blew draft picks on guys like Buster Davis, Larry English and Ryan Mathews when the offensive line started rotting out around 2008-ish. I mean, Vasquez was a good guard but they would've been so much better equipped going forward if they would've bothered getting a replacement for fuckin Jeromey Clary at some point before Fluker.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Fat Jesus posted:

Chiefs kicker is pretty good.

Buttkicker is amazing. He's not usually needed but he's practically surgical precision.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't hire first year coordinators as first year head coaches

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Cavauro posted:

don't hire first year coordinators as first year head coaches

I like Anthony Lynn a lot

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1049406396033306624

Edit: Torn ACL

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Oct 8, 2018

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mother of loving God

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

News: Corey Grant (foot) and Austin Seferian-Jenkins (core muscle)

Views: RIP Corey, it was nice having you while we did. ASF may come back after 8 weeks.

Additional Views: :suicide:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

ELO Musk posted:

Mother of loving God
Super Bowl Hangover strikes again :razz:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

ELO Musk posted:

Mother of loving God

Trade
For
Bell
clap
clap
clapclapclap

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

kiimo posted:

Buttkicker is amazing. He's not usually needed but he's practically surgical precision.

I am torn because we drafted and cut him, but he pushed Gano and Gano was a Pro Bowler last year and hasn’t missed this year.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Busy afternoon:

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1049408688967036937

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Fat Jesus posted:

They're stuck with Gruden for 10 years now?

To be fair, it's only 9.6875 years.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

So either the Browns are signing Rishard Matthews or he'll still be looking for a job. He was supposed to be working out for the Cardinals today or tomorrow.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/JeffMillerLAT/status/1049408876066426880?s=19

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

To be fair, it's only 9.6875 years.

Is it 9.6874 yet? Please alert me each time the end of Gruden's reign becomes fractionally closer

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

GB should just keep Crosby until Zuerlein comes back and the Rams cut Santos. I really don't know why it took two kicker injuries on the same team for someone to sign him.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Kickers around the league are doing terrible this year. The browns are 5-0 but for want of a kicker.

Not really. The Steelers kicker missed a FG right before regulation expired, which would have iced the game. This happened long before the Browns missed in OT and had the 2nd one blocked.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Play posted:

Is it 9.6874 yet? Please alert me each time the end of Gruden's reign becomes fractionally closer

When will then be now?

Soon.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I'm surrounded by assholes.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

When will then be now?

Soon.
Thank you for this. I appreciate the reference.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

ELO Musk posted:

Seahawks level?

Seahawks offensive line has been mostly fine this year and most of the sacks have been attributed to Russell Wilson leaving the pocket when he shouldn't have or him not getting rid of the ball when he should have :shrug:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

When will then be now?

Soon.

Best song on the Rogue One Soundtrack

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
I'm confused about the Marquette King thing :confused:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami’s going to bring him in just watch

We’ve lost 3 starters to injury

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Shinjobi posted:

Can Tony Romo just cover all the Chiefs games? I wanna hear him lose his mind over Mahomes

Nooooo not every one. Romo is too good to cover just 1 team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

The fans are done, and the blogs and newspapers are done. Elway probably won't pull the trigger unless forced to, say, by the Rams coming to Denver and winning by 40.

• Locked thread