Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Obj's pass to Barkley is the longest pass play for the giants this season.

Haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Field Mousepad posted:

Obj's pass to Barkley is the longest pass play for the giants this season.

Haha

What I heard was OBJ's pass was the longest completion in air yards for the Giants since week 5 of last year.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
How's Bradley Chubb btw? I keep hearing how great Denzel Ward is doing but hear nothing of the first Chubb chosen.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

No Irish Need Imply posted:

How's Bradley Chubb btw? I keep hearing how great Denzel Ward is doing but hear nothing of the first Chubb chosen.

invisible

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Kalli posted:

What I heard was OBJ's pass was the longest completion in air yards for the Giants since week 5 of last year.

This would not surprise me

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/TheFakeESPN/status/1049476126353936384?s=19

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Blitz7x posted:

invisible

With his name he was obviously supposed to play OL, can't cheat destiny

omg

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
jesus

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Alex Smith Is Not The Answer

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

sweet thursday posted:

Alex Smith Is Not The Answer

posts from 2005

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

corn on the cop posted:

posts from 2005

Posts for forever inexplicably

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Even good kickers have the occasional slump season. Robbie Gould and Gostkowski have both had them.

So did Mason Crosby, all the way back in 2012. He bounced back and has been great since then up until the last few games.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Fat Mike sure likes the qualifier "proven highly successful" doesn't he

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

Fat Mike sure likes the qualifier "proven highly successful" doesn't he

I keep putting this on my resume but no one ever believes me

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1049501546755616768?s=19

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

solarjetman posted:

The fans are done, and the blogs and newspapers are done. Elway probably won't pull the trigger unless forced to, say, by the Rams coming to Denver and winning by 40.
How much do you want to bet that Vance Joseph will yet again say "We had a great week of practice" by Friday? Go Rams

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Man I wonder why that was scheduled that way

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Lucky us. :geno:

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Barudak posted:

Well you see Jimmy g threw like 6 TDs in 5 games or whatever it was last year so he was obviously going to be the best in the league and we would all want to watch it happen

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

seiferguy posted:

Seahawks offensive line has been mostly fine this year and most of the sacks have been attributed to Russell Wilson leaving the pocket when he shouldn't have or him not getting rid of the ball when he should have :shrug:

While this may be true in general, you will never convince me that Ifedi is a valued member of any offensive line.

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

Well you see Jimmy g threw like 6 TDs in 5 games or whatever it was last year so he was obviously going to be the best in the league and we would all want to watch it happen

Him shredding his knee pointlessly after all the puff pieces by the media about how the 49ers were going to be better this year felt like karmic retribution from an angry god.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
"I dont want to see the NFC East and the Patriots every prime time game"
"I dont want to see all these lovely teams every prime time game"

Edit: I was making this post sarcastically then read it and agreed with it anyway.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Athanatos posted:

Same

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Play posted:

Is it 9.6874 yet? Please alert me each time the end of Gruden's reign becomes fractionally closer

Someone needs to make a website with a countdown to his contract's expiration. Something like isgrudengoneyet.com

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Athanatos posted:

Edit: I was making this post sarcastically then read it and agreed with it anyway.

you repeated yourself

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Barudak posted:

Jimmy was going to make panties drop and dicks erect across the country. A wave of men across red states would be shaken to the reality that they to could be attracted to men. Gay rights were going to be enshrined in the constitution as a result of this eruption of sexuality across the TV screens of America. It was to be the NFL's attempt at making up for the dumb kneeling rules.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
put teams that are maybe not GREAT but are fun to watch and likable like the Bears, Browns, Lions, Bengals etc on primetime. there are a lot of decent teams and matchups would make for good primetime games

Bucaneers v Falcons or Steelers v Bengals would make a lot more sense than 49ers v Packers as the MNF game next week, with it being Jameis' first start and Atlanta trying to pull out of their slump against a division rival, and the Steelers and Bengals are both arguably good teams

but no we get to watch a limp Packers team shithouse the 49ers instead

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

A.o.D. posted:

I'm surrounded by assholes.

Turn on your monitor

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

CyberPingu posted:

Turn on your monitor

Not a fan of Spaceballs, huh?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

A.o.D. posted:

Not a fan of Spaceballs, huh?

:shrug: I took the opportunity to make a poo poo joke...

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Athanatos posted:

My point has been that there are teams like the Colts (Andrew Luck is back, baby!), the Jaguars (made it to the AFCG last year), Dolphins (Tannehill is back, baby!), so on and so forth. The 49ers three times, even with Jimmy G, would have been enough, but nooooo, now we get "Beat Hard" FIVE TIMES.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The 49ers should be good for an inexplicable win down that stretch, because the NFL is scripted, and the real joy is going to be guessing which one it will be.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

My point has been that there are teams like the Colts (Andrew Luck is back, baby!), the Jaguars (made it to the AFCG last year), Dolphins (Tannehill is back, baby!), so on and so forth. The 49ers three times, even with Jimmy G, would have been enough, but nooooo, now we get "Beat Hard" FIVE TIMES.

four times now, chiefs/bengals W7 got put into Sunday Night instead of rams/49ers

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

a patagonian cavy posted:

four times now, chiefs/bengals W7 got put into Sunday Night instead of rams/49ers

Good. That'll be Chiefs prime time game #3, with at least two more after that just from MNF/TNF.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was already flying to KC for Chiefs / Bengals and now it's primetime. This could have screwed up my plans but instead awesomfies them.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

News: The Jaguars worked out Jamaal Charles.

Views: SIGN HIM

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Hes really bad now

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I don't know, Eagles/Giants, Chiefs/Patriots and 49ers/Packers seems like a decent slate of primetime games for this week. I do wish they chose some teams people don't see that much a bit more, but that's a decent selection that would've been good if the 49ers weren't as utterly hollowed out as they are right now.

No Irish Need Imply posted:

He hasn't made as big a splash as Ward that's for sure, but that's pretty normal for pass rushers. It takes a while for them to mature into their best, but he's been totally serviceable so far. I don't think anyone is thinking he's a bust or anything like that.

Barudak posted:

The 49ers should be good for an inexplicable win down that stretch, because the NFL is scripted, and the real joy is going to be guessing which one it will be.

I'd like to take a look at that script. I'd imagine it's quite lengthy, the stage directions alone would boggle the mind

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I dunno, he never seemed like much of a passer and opted to keep it like every time he got the ball

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

They did.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1049721593511989249

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
someone close this drat thread dammit!!!

:doom:

• Locked thread