Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Ask me how I know :shepface: born in '92, graduated 2015

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Christ, I just realized 4 of the next 5 Pats games are prime time lmao

TNF vs Colts
SNF vs Chiefs
1pm vs Bears
MNF vs Bills
SNF vs Packers

and their shithousing by the Lions was also SNF, though I doubt anyone is mad they had to watch that one

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Docjowles posted:

TNF vs Colts
SNF vs Chiefs
1pm vs Bears
MNF vs Bills
SNF vs Packers

and their shithousing by the Lions was also SNF, though I doubt anyone is mad they had to watch that one

Dear loving poo poo why would they put Pats Bills in primetime?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

the bills will win that game

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Ask me how I know :shepface: born in '92, graduated 2015

I graduated the year you started kindergarten

:corsair:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

pmchem posted:

Maybe the Broncos will call more Freeman runs in week 5 instead of losing again when averaging over 6 ypc, geez

Freeman looks like the real deal. His quickness and agility are top notch for a 240 pound back. A classic Denver back but with more maneuverability.

The problem with relying on the run game though is that even at 6 ypc eventually you'll end up with a third and long if you do it long enough. I don't think people expected Keenum to be as bad as he was either, but yeah in hindsight if they had really committed to the run they maybe could've had the game

Docjowles posted:

TNF vs Colts
SNF vs Chiefs
1pm vs Bears
MNF vs Bills
SNF vs Packers

Well this loving blows I hate having to watch the Pats. At least with a few of those you figure a loss is possible

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Pats and Bills have played 5 games in prime time in the Brady era:

2015 - MNF The 5-4 Bills held the Pats in check, and tied it up 10-10 in the 3rd quarter, but the Patriots then scored twice before the 4th and rode a 20-10 lead to a final of 20-13.

2009 - MNF week 1. They play a back and forth game until the 4th quarter where with 5 minutes left they seemingly put the game away with a touchdown with 5:30 left to take a 24-13 lead. Brady then drives down the field for a touchdown, then with 2 minutes left they kick deep to Leodis McKelvin who... fumbles it. Three plays later, Brady throws a 2nd touchdown and some assholes in Buffalo trash McKelvin's lawn.

2007 - SNF . Probably the most ridiculous game of the '07 season for the Patriots. Here's the Patriots drive chart for the game:
Touchdown
Touchdown
Touchdown
Touchdown
Touchdown
Touchdown
Touchdown
Punt on 4th and 1 from the Bills 30 after a 7 minute drive up 56-10.

TO scored 4 TD's earlier that day, so Randy Moss scored 4 TD's in the first half.

2005 - SNF . Halloween. This was the game Tedy Bruschi returned from his stroke and ESPN had the worst presentation ever. Bruschi was never a dominant player, and did jack in this game, but ESPN was so desperate to hype him up that they invented a Hits stat they tracked for him throughout the game. Yeah good job Mr. Linebacker, you hit somebody on that play!. Anyway, the Pats were a pretty flat team this year, the Bills scored twice in the 4th to take a 16-7 lead, then Brady promptly scored two more TD's to win 21-16.

2004 - SNF. Patriots were 8-0, the Bills 3-5, the Pats went up 20-0 in the 1st half and I don't think anyone finished watching this game.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Randaconda posted:

I graduated during his terrible twos

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Patrick Mahomes? More like Bruno Arms.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/1047204102122291200

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Meh.

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1041430998527823872

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Acebuckeye13 posted:

An entire generation was born and graduated college in the time it took the Lions to win again at Lambeau.

Jason Hanson went his entire 19 year career without ever winning at Lambeau

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

they are both good catches

this is not a contest

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Tempest_56 posted:

The Bills o-line is the worst in the NFL so there's no one to protect him. And the WR corps is also the worst, so there's no one to throw to.

It's going to be real fun at the start of November when Mack comes to town.

Josh Allen gonna die.

Good thing he has such a strong arm to throw the ball away through those cold Buffalo winds

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

http://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/02/raiders-coach-jon-gruden-stunned-by-khalil-macks-dominating-play/ :thunk:

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Randaconda posted:

I did some quick math and you’re 90 years old...?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sponges posted:

I did some quick math and you’re 90 years old...?

:bahgawd:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/1046515481773989890

Play Ekeler more

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.instagram.com/p/BocOhPxH5h5/ Crowell got an endorsement deal with DudeWipes

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

nooooooo

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Dear loving poo poo why would they put Pats Bills in primetime?
Well, the NFL wants to put Brady and the Pats in prime-time a lot, and now it has to give the Bills at least one prime-time game, so....
I don't think I'm even going to watch it, honestly.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The AFC East exist to help put the pats over and when the pats dont have a storyline sometimes you get a squash to fill time.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Week 6 SNF is going to be cool and good when the torch is passed from Brady to Mahomes.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
whodathunkit

https://twitter.com/BR_NFL/status/1047237697952276480

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LiquidFriend posted:

Week 6 SNF is going to be cool and good when the torch is passed from Brady to Mahomes.

It's already been passed to Bort

hth

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

Or well all be sad as the Chiefs collapse and Tom Brady leaves the field after throwing 7 touchdowns frenching his son.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Barudak posted:

Or well all be sad as the Chiefs collapse and Tom Brady leaves the field after throwing 7 touchdowns frenching his son.
That will happen, but not till January.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol at the AFCe. Also lol at Mayfield having a worse DVOA than Darnold. That must be opponent adjustment because Savior Sam was flat out bad v the Jags.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1047246419315380224

What the gently caress

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ah, you see they've clearly identified the problem.

What do you really know about your long snapper by the way?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kicker misses two PATs and a field goal

The logical response: Cut the good punter.

??????????????????

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

:shobon: That's uh, something alright.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Forward thinking. We've evolved beyond the need for punters. 4th down conversions all day every day.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

kiimo posted:

Forward thinking. We've evolved beyond the need for punters. 4th down conversions all day every day.

loving tell that to Hue Jackson, we needed like 4inches to ice the game.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Barudak posted:

The Chiefs dumpstering the Patriots in the regular season is almost an annual tradition at this point.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

kiimo posted:

Man, we've been doing this since like Madden '94!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

lmao

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I find it perversely fascinating that the Chargers organization apparently exists to cause Ross pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

What on earth is even the thought process here

• Locked thread