Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

swickles posted:

Wrecker will survive so they can retcon he was the demolitions expert who rigged the charges to blow up the shield generator at the Battle of Endor.

So wait, Nik Sant as Wrecker instead of Rex? Or do you mean someone else?

Sant is not a huge guy, and it might be fun to have him be Hunter?

Teek fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 20, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Vinylshadow posted:

Unlikely, since that's set before the fall of Starlight Beacon and this is 100 years later

that...uh...sure is a poster

That's not a poster, that's a 90s new age CD cover.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
It makes me think of a Dune mini-series.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Teek posted:

So wait, Nik Sant as Wrecker instead of Rex? Or do you mean someone else?

Sant is not a huge guy, and it might be fun to have him be Hunter?

No, that was Rex. Wrecker was never on screen in RotJ.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Ah I get ya, you just mean that he was present at the Battle of Endor, not that he has been retconned to have been seen on screen.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://x.com/sawyeurism/status/1770171834538905967?s=20

Thought the thread might find this helpful.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

A.o.D. posted:

That's not a poster, that's a 90s new age CD cover.

It's literally just a reference to Wanderer Above the Sea of Fog, surely?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

It's literally just a reference to Wanderer Above the Sea of Fog, surely?

Also a 90s new age CD cover.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

A.o.D. posted:

Also a 90s new age CD cover.

Alternate cover for Pure Moods

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

That felt like half an episode somehow

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I loved the early morning swamp fog lighting at the end there, looked cool as gently caress.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

thrawn527 posted:

First kinda bad episode of the season from Bad Batch. Just didn't care what was happening, and while I'm not usually one to complain about the show being too dark to see anything, holy poo poo I could barely see anything that was happening in that fight near the end. Hopefully it's back on track next week with the setup at the end of this week.

I wouldn't call it bad, but it was definitely relatively anemic compared to the two part banger we had last week. It was just some clones going on an adventure with a guest star, to fight the bad guy of the week, to basically no meaningful end result. Pretty standard fare for the medium really.

However, even watching in HDR, a lot of the scenes in the swamp hideout were even too dark for me. It still looked pretty good overall, but watching it I couldn't help but predict the criticism about the lighting with this one. The swamp planet didn't get the same help of the constant pretty purple and orange lighting of the planet from last week's episode.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I think one of the things that made the episode fall a little flat for me is the resolution is a tease instead of an actual resolution. That was annoying, however the bad guy being one of the mantis alien guys from the mos eisley cantina was a cool deep cut.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Jehde posted:

I wouldn't call it bad, but it was definitely relatively anemic compared to the two part banger we had last week. It was just some clones going on an adventure with a guest star, to fight the bad guy of the week, to basically no meaningful end result. Pretty standard fare for the medium really.

However, even watching in HDR, a lot of the scenes in the swamp hideout were even too dark for me. It still looked pretty good overall, but watching it I couldn't help but predict the criticism about the lighting with this one. The swamp planet didn't get the same help of the constant pretty purple and orange lighting of the planet from last week's episode.

It's the standard thing that happens in shows like this that tends to bug me, though, where they're in the same position at the end of the episode that they were in near the beginning. They find out that they need info on M-Count Bounty Hunters at the beginning. At the end of the episode they're...awaiting info on M-Count Bounty Hunters. You're right that it's standard fare for the medium, but the moment Fennec said it was gonna cost them more than they have, I knew exactly how the episode was gonna go. Zero progress made this week, we've already learned everything we're going to. I was hoping for maaaaybe a reveal of Asajj at the end, but nope.

I'm not saying I watch this solely for the plot, but the bad guy of the week was dull this time, too. And as mentioned, hard to see. So there really wasn't much to grab onto in this episode.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Mar 21, 2024

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

It's also the type of episode that makes one question whether they knew this was going to be their final season.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I really enjoyed the character stuff with Crosshair/Omega. Even though the A-plot was kinda whatever, I really liked them trying to analyze what was wrong with him and determining it was more of a mental block than a physical one.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
So who do we think Fennec was talking with at the end of the episode?

My guess is Boba Fett simply because I want him and the Bad Batch to meet.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Megillah Gorilla posted:

So who do we think Fennec was talking with at the end of the episode?

My guess is Boba Fett simply because I want him and the Bad Batch to meet.

Wrong timeline, they don't meet until the New Republic. Probably talking to Ventress though.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Obvious now that you say it.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Omega maintaining a regular Wookiee meditation practice is a pretty a good explanation for multi-classing into an autodidactic Force Adept. I’m maintaining that this an RPG and Batcher is an Animal Companion.

Also, hurray! Wanda Sykes! If Ventress is in the next episode I hope Omega immediately imprints on her like she did Phee.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://www.starwars.com/series/the-bad-batch/bad-territory-episode-guide

I knew it
The moment that shot came up, I said "That's absolutely a concept art piece"
There was way too much effort put into the lighting and composition, even compared to the rest of the episode

Vinylshadow fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Mar 21, 2024

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wanna say how much I love, after The Empire Strikes Back ending of last season, is that this season is all about Omega coming out of the ordeal with a new big (little) brother AND a puppy :)

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

swickles posted:

Wrong timeline, they don't meet until the New Republic. Probably talking to Ventress though.

Yeah, it's almost certain that she's talking to Ventress, and that the reason she's taking the M-Count bounties is to find Force Sensitives to get them on the Hidden Path with Quinlan Vos. And there's your next show.

It would also explain why she's interested in a group of clones looking into M-Count bounties. She doesn't know which clones they are, and may be worried the Empire is on her trail.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I am a sucker for most any spaceport setting in star wars, so I did enjoy that part in this week's episode. Especially the pit droid bartender wearing a hat :3:

Gimme a star wars deep space 9 type show. Oh wait, that was part of the promise of Resistance... :negative:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Does anyone have a list of which Clone Wars episodes have night sister witches? Doing research for a LARP

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Owlbear Camus posted:

Does anyone have a list of which Clone Wars episodes have night sister witches? Doing research for a LARP

I don't have a list of episodes, but I do have these:

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:Nightsister_dark_force_witch
https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:Nightsister_Karis
https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:Nightsister_mother_talzin
https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:DS_nightsister_Naaleth

Plotac 75
Aug 8, 2007
Mysteries of the ancient lizardman sealed by ancient, mysterious lizard magicks lost in the mysterious realm of ancient lizardmen from ages far, far ago.

Owlbear Camus posted:

Whoa whoa whoa whoa

there's another Star Wars LARP?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Owlbear Camus posted:

The main ones are:

S03E12 - Nightsisters
S03E13 - Monster
S03E14 - Witches of the Mist
S04E19 - Massacre

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Nightsisters
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Magick
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Spirit_(Nightsisters)

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Owlbear Camus posted:

I am assuming you have already mined the Ahsoka series as they are in several episodes too.

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
The Acolyte trailer looked good to me. I am always up for watching Carrie Ann Moss be stylish. But I saw it on Youtube and the comments are a complete shitshow. What is up with people nowadays. Always whining about everything.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I will admit that the idea of a Star Wars themed mystery series has potential at least but we’ll see how it goes.

I forget, who’s running this show again and have they done any SW related work in the past (or anything else particularly notable)?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Leslye Headland is most famous for Netflix’s Russian Doll

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The Acolyte is the first of all the Star Wars I'm cool on. After Boba's Book, Obi-Wan catching on fire in a quarry, and Ahsoka milling around not really doing anything, I've been whacked enough with a newspaper to know to stay off the couch.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I will watch it, but my expectations are pretty low right now and I have no connection to the High Republic stuff beyond playing Jedi Survivor which has some plot things related to that period going on

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Owlbear Camus posted:

Fallen Order (and maybe Survivor) will also have some useful info.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Plotac 75 posted:

Whoa whoa whoa whoa

there's another Star Wars LARP?

https://jefesairsoftsolutions.com/products/fate-s-grasp-gcw

My fiance is mostly going to hang out in the non-shooty zones as a nighsister witch. She has a badass costume but we're looking for some background touchstones for her character.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I'm going to watch acolyte and hope it's good and roll my eyes when it isn't and it's blamed on Abigail Thorne or whichever trans person is most prominent destroying cannon by saying "ripulbus" in a deemok accent

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Hryme posted:

The Acolyte trailer looked good to me. I am always up for watching Carrie Ann Moss be stylish. But I saw it on Youtube and the comments are a complete shitshow. What is up with people nowadays. Always whining about everything.

It's because it featured women and minorities and women who were minorities.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It's because it featured women and minorities and women who were minorities.

It rules because they're all gonna watch it anyway because they're trapped in a cycle of consuming nerd slop and they will suffer and rage through the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Hryme posted:

It's because pointless culture warfare controversies are what generates views and therefore money. It's what's up with people. Just a "WOKE!!!!!!!" in a red font in your video thumbnail and watch your viewership triple. Thank you, social media algorithms.