Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Omega is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Marsupial Ape posted:

Omega is the best.

Agreed, I definitely want to see more of her after TBB wraps in two weeks

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Larryb posted:

Agreed, I definitely want to see more of her after TBB wraps in two weeks

You know adult Omega will have a suit of armor incorporating pieces from all the boys’ armor. She’ll ending being the leader of something cool.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’ll be sort of curious to see where she ends up after all this at least (possibly either continuing the mercenary life or joining up with the rebellion since she’s definitely no fan of the Empire and is willing to take action). Even if it turns out she does have some ability with the force I can’t really see her leaning into it much though

Whether any of her dads are making it out is a little less certain however

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 17, 2024

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I don’t know if the boys will be sacrificed at the end of the season, but it would be too fan-service-y for them to make it past the Rebellion Era.

I wonder if Echo’s cybernetics extend his life span. He’s practically a Dark Trooper as it is. I wonder how much Borg makeup Temeura would put up with…

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

As fun as these episodes are it sure feels like the season could've started here. Other than Crosshair being back not that much happened between Omega being in jail and Omega being in the communal area of the same jail.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

stev posted:

As fun as these episodes are it sure feels like the season could've started here. Other than Crosshair being back not that much happened between Omega being in jail and Omega being in the communal area of the same jail.

She got some force chat and knows Ventress now, and we saw the doctor clone lady have some moments

But yeah it feels like they expected another season

I'm hoping it ends with a surprise announcement of Star Wars: Omega Squad and just actually continues

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, even if they do an extended series finale it seems like we’ve still got a decent amount of ground to cover in just two episodes so I’m hoping it just winds up spilling over into a new show as well

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Just so I am clear, Omega's blood is special not so much that because it is hide in Force bacteria, but because it can but used as a carrier to get M bugs from one person to another? As I understand it, Karr explained that you can't replicate high M count via cloning and you can't directly transfuse between individuals without lowering the M-Count.

Maybe the technology that the Imperial doctor was using on Grogu in the Mandalorian premiere is descended from Hemlock's work.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I liked that the super secure prison cells the kids are being kept in have wall tiles that just fall out, revealing a huge empty space you could drive an AT-AT through.

Very Empire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU2Or5rCN_Y

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://www.starwars.com/series/the-bad-batch/into-the-breach-episode-guide

Low-key kinda want the lighting guide color scheme on a buyable figure

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

That transparent R2 was pretty dope. Always a fan of electronics in transparent shells.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
This episode was toight

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner
This season's been weird. Episodes are fine, competently-made, but they all seem to have been twice as long as they really needed to be and ultimately the whole thing just circled back around to where the season started. Everything we learned could've easily been told more economically. This feels like a 4-6 episode arc they stretched like taffy.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

As others have commented, I wonder if making this season the last one was a decision made late into production (it'd explain the pacing at least)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I liked that the super secure prison cells the kids are being kept in have wall tiles that just fall out, revealing a huge empty space you could drive an AT-AT through.

Very Empire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU2Or5rCN_Y

To be fair, those tiles had to be pried (and unscrewed?) out. Specifically the ones the droids use as the "load" bearing one.

One silly thing I noticed is that the whole group is basically color coded with the original three kids being Red, Blue, and Green, the toddler being White, and Omega being Yellow. Nice easy color coding I guess?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I know others have said this as well, but next week better be an extended length episode, cause I think it’ll take more than 23~ minutes to give this a proper ending.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

fartknocker posted:

I know others have said this as well, but next week better be an extended length episode, cause I think it’ll take more than 23~ minutes to give this a proper ending.

Unless this is going to spill directly into another series they kind of have to at this point (I’m sort of getting the feeling that ending Bad Batch on Season 3 was a last minute decision)

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
I wonder if this season being 15 episodes also points to them doing something different for next week. With them potentially deciding to combine what were episodes 15 and 16 into one episode for a more supersized finale.

At this point it does seem to need a lot to wrap up, even outside of the central Bad Batch. Will we get more Rex, Wolffe and Cody? Those three threads are still out there dangling too. Rex and Wolffe we can do some connect the dots to get to their Rebels state. The easiest way to tie all this together, would be for the clones to be a founding partner in the Hidden Path. The Bad Batch saving these kids would go some ways to setting that up too. Bad Batch + Ventress/Quinlan + Some unexpected Clone Wars player(s) (Trace and Rafa maybe?) returning for a new Hidden Path show? I'm not exactly wanting that as the next thing, but the pieces are there.

Also for a finale prediction, I could see Hemlock dying next week. Only for one of the closing scenes to reveal another clone of him on Exegol or something still continuing the work.

Teek fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Apr 24, 2024

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It better be extended - this was way too short for the 2nd to last episode ever.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu-valHjtWQ

At least we have more Tales to look forward to

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Vinylshadow posted:

That's very pretty.

In before everyone watching on cheap monitors in brightly lit rooms to say it's too dark.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I mean it does sound like the disney streaming app does have some legitimate issues handling HDR on certain platforms. Hasn't been an issue for me though, all those too dark bad batch episodes have looked great for me.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Nathan (director) you cheeky bastard

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Jehde posted:

I mean it does sound like the disney streaming app does have some legitimate issues handling HDR on certain platforms. Hasn't been an issue for me though, all those too dark bad batch episodes have looked great for me.

I'm sure that's probably true but man it's pretty with a good setup

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

Vinylshadow posted:

The main reason I liked Tales is because it kept the endless generic lightsaber scenes that represent modern Starwars to a minimum

Hope this isn't representative of the new season

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Got some bad news for you on that front given the nature of the season

...Well, the rest of Elsbeth's story should be fairly saber-free, but the other half of the season features Inquisitors, so...

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
lmao, Katee interviewed Ming-Na for her podcast and at one point goes "no one believes me but you were there: who did you think was coming to save us at the end of S2?". Ming-Na casually says "oh, Luke obviously. I saw the glove, the green lightsabre, there was an R2, so I asked Filoni if we were really doing this".

Katee swears Filoni told - and convinced - her it was:

Plo Koon

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Sentinel Red posted:

lmao, Katee interviewed Ming-Na for her podcast and at one point goes "no one believes me but you were there: who did you think was coming to save us at the end of S2?". Ming-Na casually says "oh, Luke obviously. I saw the glove, the green lightsabre, there was an R2, so I asked Filoni if we were really doing this".

Katee swears Filoni told - and convinced - her it was:

Plo Koon

Of course Filoni said that. Of loving course. I knew what was under those spoiler tags before I hovered over them. I'm convinced he actually wanted that.

That's hilarious.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Reminder that they made concept art and a digital model of Plo Koon to keep the reveal a secret

Even the script had "Plo Koon" as the Jedi

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Vinylshadow posted:

Reminder that they made concept art and a digital model of Plo Koon to keep the reveal a secret

Even the script had "Plo Koon" as the Jedi

Yeah, to the point in the making of specifically about that episode, the cast was always calling the character “Plo” and such on set, not Luke. I think they mentioned they had CGI Plo as a contingency if the de-aging stuff didn’t work to a degree they wanted it to, although I don’t know how likely that would have actually been.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Filoni will not stop until he gets his Plo Koon miniseries.

And even then, he won’t stop.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Gonz posted:

Good

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Everybody get ready to experience the Plo Kooniverse.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Gonz posted:

Of course, the Plo Koon miniseries has to lead to the Plo Koon movie trilogy.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Plo Saga Nonology

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
One, Plo Koon needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Plo Koon’s not onscreen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Plo Koon"?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
The tie-in novels have to be written by Dean Koontz.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
My Koon is ready to plo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
If they cloned him would the clone be Ploo Koon or Plo Kooon?