Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tomtrek posted:

I really hope it's actually someone new and not just... Boba Fett...

Hopefully based on oddworld: stranger's wrath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
He should be doing a movie about the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

jivjov posted:

seeing some rumblings on twitter that Leia appears in the first episode of Resistance but conspicuously has no lines. Maybe they've completely excised that actress' performance.

Little sad they didn't just recast her if they wanted Leia to be a regular thing

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

As if they won't fix that

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Wheat Loaf posted:

In complete fairness if you just look at the movies and ignore everything else you could be forgiven for assuming the Empire just ended when they blew up the second Death Star. :v:

It was actually after they blew up the fourth one

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

site posted:

as far as i remember maul bring a crime lord isn't explained in the cartoons either

Rebels talked about him being the despot in charge of Mandalore for a while, was there a timeframe given? I don't recall. Having some crime syndicate working for him at that point wouldn't be that crazy

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
A Mr. Fusion?!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Is red tails anywhere near as good as the Tuskegee Airmen?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

banned from Starbucks posted:

so is there any actual dogfighting in this show about fighter pilots who fly fighter planes ?

Not really, it's mostly about a pilot who's biggest accomplishment was not dying to a first order ace being thrust into the role of spy with no training or resources. Like the Man Who Knew Too Little without any of the humor

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Series ends tragically with everyone dying on an escape shuttle to Crait

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Probably because we're supposed to care about the empire talking over a racetrack

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, I agree with this completely. But I’m hopeful for more episodes like this week moving forward.

I'm just hoping it gets to some sort of point soon. Show's been okay, but man can I not be bothered to give a poo poo about anyone or anything going on. It's like reading a blog about a local man's brave fight against a new Walmart going up

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Also the pinnacle of Sting's career

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm hoping leia's message is code for "they'll be at that other base next year"

Part of me is pretty convinced the Colossus doesn't survive the season

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
On the other hand she was a bit of an rear end to everyone all season and I'm not sad to see her go other than the fact that we're going to have to have half a season of redemption arc now.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vinylshadow posted:

You may want to redo your math

Kaz was born 14 ABY
Torra was born 19 ABY
TFA is 35 ABY

21/16 is better than 25/14, but unless the Colossus is the Alabama of the outer rim that's still not a romance angle they should be pushing

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vinylshadow posted:

I can't believe they're adding another Death Star to The Mandalorian

Three were enough

Kevin J Anderson wants to know your location

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Or starkiller base 2 which is protected by a shield projected from a nearby moon populated by care bears

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
You can be arrested by anyone if they have enough power

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hakkesshu posted:

Looks way more like James Marsters.

It should be James Marsters

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
He's clearly most famous for Tucker and Dale vs Evil

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vinylshadow posted:

Especially since it's all "Here's what you can look forward to" and behind the scenes stuff

You don't build hype for an exclusive service by not showing anything from it

Disney could make their streaming service's motto "Because gently caress you, that's why" and they'd still get 20 million subs day one, hype building is probably not entirely necessary

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Teek posted:

a back door Ahsoka series pilot...

rule34 has you covered there I think

When do all the various new Disney shows start anyway? It feels like they've been talking about them all for a while now

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

jivjov posted:

I tried to talk my wife into the ESPN/Disney/Hulu bundle, but she pays for ad free Hulu and doesn't want to lose it

Yeah that's a pretty poo poo bundle, especially since they've said there's no plans for an ad-free version. I'd consider it if they actually included ad-free hulu and disney+ in the same one.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

teagone posted:

I think it's bad. The art style is cool, but I don't like the characters at all.

And their lack of depth or growth. Or plot.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mass effect 1 total conversion looking good

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I doubt it since everyone on the show should be deceased by the time of the movie based on Last Jedi

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

twistedmentat posted:

Resistance happens at the same time as TFA and TLJ. Unless you've heard they're going to kill everyone at the end of this season.

Can't really be happening at the same time as TLJ since we still see bb8 around. I'm just referring to the fact that they murdered the entire resistance in TLJ

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Have they said anything about what the show will be about? Maybe it'll be direct off the end of rebels

Star Wars Rebels 2: The search for Bridger

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Necrotizer F posted:

If that gets me "The Adventures of Thrawn and Ezra in Space Whale Space" I am totally there.

Stranded on a planet struggling to survive filmed in the "Odd Couple" style

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

teagone posted:

Rebels already did an Enemy Mine-inspired episode with Zeb and Kallus.

Neither of them got pregnant tho

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Has she directed anything else? Kinda surprised the article doesn't have a known for or something.

Or is this the first thing she's directed after mostly being a writer/producer?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Pretty solid list!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Just do Star Wars versions of other movies

there's something about jabba

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cross-Section posted:

I'm personally betting on the TCW cameo; I heavily doubt the stuff with the droids is anything but a flashback.

Also, sounds like the D+ original shows are premiering 3 hours after the service goes live, so it's more like 6am PST for Mandalorian.

The cameo will be one of the clones, but which one? :iiam:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vintersorg posted:

It's impossible to get through.

https://youtu.be/6hH8rxarVG8

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Moon Slayer posted:

I hope not, that smacks of the worst parts of the old EU.

Episode 3: The mandalorian returns to his death star hideout

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Davros1 posted:

I still laugh at trying to collect a bounty after he's disintegrated someone.

"I got 'em. You just gotta take my word for it."

Now we know they have magic tracking dongles that can lead them to any target anywhere and probably let people know that the target died

Turns out pirates of the carribean was just a prequel

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It was nice seeing the one competent resistance member in action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vintersorg posted:

I am going back to catch up on Resistance since I bailed in S1 and just finished where the pirates kidnap the places daughter and it has sparks of goodness but gently caress me, Kaz is a horrible character. I do like that the stakes are getting a bit higher tho so we'll see where this goes.

Even two episodes ago he just ran around being incompetent and had to be rescued by children. again.

I feel they really missed out on making Kaz competent at anything other than piloting to make it feel more believable that they'd just give him the entire station's funds to go buy supplies. I'd fully expect Kaz to show up with magic beans after that.