Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

I like the idea of having a thread for all the shows! In case it’s still helpful to anyone, here’s a link to my list of essential Clone Wars episodes. No better time than now to get caught up before the new episodes arrive!

Quick pedantic correction for the OP, if you care: Rebels begins 5 years prior to the events of ANH. (That’s 14 years after ROTS; Ezra was born on the same day as the Empire.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

Oh, I thought earlier, because I just assumed that was little kid Luke running in the far away shot with Old Ben looking down at him, not young teen Luke. Thanks! OP updated.
The animation did make Luke look pretty young, and I think it tripped a lot of other people up, too. But he and Leia are just a day or two younger than Ezra!

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

I wouldn’t bet against a Sabine appearance in this show, but Filoni has pretty clearly stated that Sabine/Ahsoka will be its own thing.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

At this point in his life, Lucas certainly isn’t showing for anything he doesn’t want to show up for. I imagine he’s either interested in seeing how the production on the Mandalorian is being run—he tried to figure out how to do a Star Wars show on a TV budget for years—or he wanted to support Dave Filoni during his first live-action directing gig.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

tsob posted:

Which makes it all the wierder he did all the script writing for all 3 prequel films. They'd probably have been good films if he'd had someone re-work them to jazz up the dialogue and cut or change all the bits that didn't work.

Tom Stoppard (and reportedly Carrie Fisher) did script polishes on RotS. I think it pretty clearly has the best dialogue of the prequels. All of Palpatine’s stuff is great—and McDiarmid kills it, of course—but it also has some good one-liners.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

I wonder if they’ll upload another batch today, or if it’ll be episode-by-episode from here on out.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

Also the first mention of Kylo Ren. My money's on him being the season 2 antagonist.

I wouldn’t expect him to show up substantially more than Vader did in Rebels. Very curious to see if season two will take place post-TFA and TLJ, or if things will be moving more slowly. They said that season one starts out six months away from TFA.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Do we think Kaz’s senator dad is getting blown up on Hosnian? Or could he be one of the “Imperial history enthusiasts” secretly supporting the First Order? (As seen in Bloodline)

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Cassian Andor series is happening! It’ll be interesting to see if K2SO is too expensive for a TV show.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

radlum posted:

I hope we move closer to the post TFA setting or focus on more racing stuff, because the whole "sure seems like the FO is ready for something big" is gonna get old soon
It won’t be an issue for long. Justin Ridge said the show reaches TFA by the end of this season, and we’re already at the halfway point.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Or it’s the type of poster that’s given away to attendees at Celebration. I’m pretty sure it’s real in some respect.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Renewal announcement timing is interesting to me. Given the lead time that’s necessary to create these shows, the studios have to be working on them far in advance of the renewal announcement. Just look at all the stuff that had been created for multiple future season of Clone Wars when that was canceled after season 5.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Well we know they won’t be announcing any new animated stuff, and it’s unlikely we’ll get anything more than little tidbits of info on the RJ trilogy or the GoT guys movies since there’s no “Future Filmmakers” panel this year.

So Celebration will mostly be:
- IX Title and Teaser/Trailer
- Mandalorian Teaser/Trailer
- Possible Resistance S2 info
- Clone Wars info, and Filoni will probably debut the first episode to the crowd, just like he did with Rebels at Celebration Orlando
- Jedi: Fallen Order trailer/gameplay
- Strongly rumored Obi-Wan tv show announcement

That’s packed, but about on par for Celebration. I’m sure there’ll be other surprises too, but most of the focus is going to be on non-film stuff.

Agreed, although I think we can be pretty confident that they’ll be teasing S2 of Resistance. I bet there will even be a trailer.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

And maybe even more importantly, they confirmed that the dude from The Americans is the showrunner.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

ijii posted:

Just saw The Clone Wars panel and that just made my day. I was so sad to see TCW get cancelled, I enjoyed Rebels, and really glad they brought back TCW for more. They're only going to do 12 episodes for season 6. Hopefully they'll do more next seasons.
All indications are that these 12 episodes will be the end of Clone Wars. They haven’t out-and-out said “No more episodes ever”, but Filoni keeps talking about ending the show on his terms, and Seige of Mandalore (the final four episodes of the upcoming batch) was previously the planned endpoint. I would expect that this is it.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Clone Wars is happening at an unspecified time in 2020. There’s been a long-held assumption that it was a 2019 thing but I don’t think I’ve ever seen an official statement on when it’s going to be released (other than that Disney Plus obviously must exist first).

Resistance S2 and Mandalorian are coming out in 2019.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

TCW S7 hasn’t been given an exact air date but everyone involved has always said 2019.

Have they? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a date given by anyone from Lucasfilm. I think 2019 was a fan assumption based on how long ago the initial announcement was made.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Feels like a stretch, but who knows. That Twin Suns duel is so good. Probably a top 3 all-time lightsaber fight, in my opinion.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Maul, stuck in the past, is easily duped into thinking he can use the exact same move he killed Qui-Gon with. Man it’s just so good.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

It holds up very well. I think a big part of it is the camerawork. There’s no shaky-cam or frenetic cuts/editing, so you actually get to see the actors doing all the cool moves. Really helps that Ewan McGregor was able to perform to such a high degree.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

jivjov posted:

Something to keep in mind with Clone Wars is that the creative team heard the complaints about the kiddy nicknames and Ashoka acting like a brat and immediately course corrected that; the problem was that they had a season and a half of episodes completely done before any of it aired, so you don't see Ashoka stop being annoying and Anakin stop calling her "Snips" until midway through season 2.

And yeah, as just mentioned, the time jump and costume change happens and then the show is absolutely firing on all cylinders
I wonder how much of the change to Ahsoka was based on fan feedback, and how much was just her planned character arc. Probably some mix of the two, I suppose.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

I’m sure Filoni’s working on something in the animated space but hadn’t heard anything about Favreau. Any more details?

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Cross-Section posted:

It was briefly mentioned on a Making Star Wars (one of, if not the, reputable Star Wars leak outlets) podcast a few months back.

Thanks! If MSW reported it, I’m sure there’s some truth to it. “More central to the story than Rebels” to me says it involves movie characters, so I wonder if it’s a Luke post-ROTJ thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Yeah, I wouldn’t expect any announcement or discussion of the next animated show, whatever it may be, until after Resistance has ended. And probably after the Resistance S2 Blu-rays (excuse me: DVDs!) have been released.