Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Bryce Dallas Howard but no Ron Howard? Maybe he'll be an assistant director on her episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I think the bigger news is Dave Filoni directing the pilot/first episode. His first live action directing gig, after doing a few more episodes of futures seasons/shows he could direct a starwars movie in a few years time.

Now Howard just needs to get his other daughter a job in starwars, Rebel Alley.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Story group will make a few connections to other things, even if it is cameo or 'known only to fans' things appearing in this.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

NTRabbit posted:

Negotiations? Haven't they already been shooting for a while now, or is everything we've seen so far just set and prop preparation?

You don't need him for filming when it is crowd shots or his helmet is on.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-lwHrw_914

"Hello there!"

Kenobi show when?

drunkill fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Nov 21, 2018

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
This is neat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ako9KDsBG3c

Also, Rebels ended this year. It feels longer than that.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Chopper was going to be called Jerk-o.

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/1103115981042245633

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Filoni :3:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
We will, or at least a behind the scenes filming teaser.

Pedro is great.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Stream of the exclusive stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq3ZmLjdgZs

Edit: gently caress disney is quick. taken down. It is a behind the scenes video of filming, introducing some characters and locations as well as showcasing the directors involved.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 14, 2019

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
That owns, they built a physical model of the ship to use in space scenes.

Also getting the 501st to help out because they needed more stormtroopers is neat as hell.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 14, 2019

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Oh poo poo, this is a goonmade trailer? hell yeah.

Very nice job, excellent stuff, even the logo is good.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

teagone posted:

So I read Filoni is apparently really well-liked by Kathleen Kennedy, and he's being groomed to be the new 'Lucas' type creative lead for Disney-brand Star Wars moving forward. No idea how true that is since it was just from some random blurb in the comments section on io9.

They were both protègès of Lucas long before the disney buyout. Filoni on the creative side, Kathleen on the producing and business side.

Filoni had control of the clone wars and spent hours in talks with lucas on how star wars worked at skywalker ranch.

He has now ran two shows, oversaw resistance as head of animation and is now a live action director in two episodes of the mandolorian.

They'll give him another few episodes of live action star wars shows (mandolorian S2&3, Cassian Andor show and Obi Wan show) then probably give him a movie to direct with say, Ron Howard or Gareth Evans as co-director to help him out in 3 years.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Flown by.... chopper!

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Jabba took Leia captive to be his therapist and talk about ducks.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Someone might want to make a dedicated thread for the show?

Given it'll get a lot of use over the next few months and this thread can be for discussing resistance rebels and the other live action show.

If nobody else does I might do it in ~8 hours when im home.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Rebels is very good after season 1. Decently good in season 1 after five or six episodes and it gets going properly.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Sam Witwer/Ian McDirmid palpatine comparison from rebels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_47yG4OGYo

Sam does a very good job but just lacks that little bit of over-the-top-ness of the delivery.

Odd that Disney+ isn't going with the DVD release with McDirmid re-dub.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Well this thread will be busy for a few years yet

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Well uh, a 'new' show was just announced.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1341013938570371072

Official announcement

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Well that was great.

But it was episode 1 of season 3 of mando, so i guess you're poo poo out of luck if you only watch that and non booba show.

Unless they just make this episode 0 of season 3 in the mandalorian playlist. Of course they won't because they want all the hooks in all the shows to force people to watch everything.

Kinda sucks for Temura Morrison to be upstaged in his own show and not even appear in the episode.

And you can tell which show gets the actual budget and production design, it ain't book of boba fett.

Jerkface posted:

Give BDH her own movie / show - she has proven beyond a doubt to be one of the best directors of the star wars TV series.

Let her work with her dad and co-direct Solo 2 and 3 together.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jan 26, 2022

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I wanna know more about the Darksaber apparently having real weight if you aren’t using it properly. Is that something I’ve forgotten from the TCW eps it’s in?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I hope it isn't some garbage that will end up with Din being force sensitive

It is explained in Rebels, in this training scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XhIED5ON1U

Remember, Mando is a stubborn cultist.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jan 26, 2022

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Vintersorg posted:

Yep, was thinking of this training montage and Sabine struggling. Rebels loving RULES by the way especially towards the final season when it's elevated to godly status in the lore of Star Wars.

But earlier stuff is great too - love me some space whales. And it has Filonis REEK all over the place. In a good way. He got so much poo poo on this show that he just absolutely loves. The after show Rebels Recon go into deep dives for all episodes and have interviews with cast and crew. Such a complete show.

It does, and I love that Filoni is just taking bits of it and pushing it into live action wherever possible. Plus live action castings of Rebels characters for new shows etc. He loves it.

And for those who haven't seen it, here is how Rebels handles the darksaber loredump about Tarre Vizsla which we saw in this episode of Mando/Boba Fett:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD9i6Du1u8E

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
That was loving awful

Oh well, at least Mando S3 is on the horizon, plus obiwan, andor and ashoka shows should have better showrunners and directors.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Escobarbarian posted:

I can’t believe “stand out in the open while a hundred people shoot lasers at you” wasn’t panning out for them

good thing they do that for 35 minutes this episode and not much else

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Cocaine is Abel posted:

So the Leia poo poo is all really loving dumb

:wrong:

Good so far, not a fan of short fathead grand inquisitor, shoulda got Jason Issacs back.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Probably delayed due to Game of Thrones prequel and LOTR show.

So 3 episodes dumped at once.

This looks like it is well made, bigger scope, big sets and just comparing trailers looks a hell of a lot better than Boba Fett or Kenobi in terms of production value.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Thats why there are the terrorists under Saw Gurerra who the Rebels see as bad themselves and don't condone his actions, but also realise he's actually doing a lot to stop the Empire vs them just politicking so don't really go against Saw because he's a useful tool and they can say they are a different group and stay an arms length away.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Does it drop at midnight PST?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
That title reveal makes me want to play Quake

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Okay that was pretty good, finished 3rd ep. Much better production values than book of boba and obi wan, in some ways anyway. Better/bigger sets, vfx stands out less, the writing makes it feel more 'serious' with less jokes or tropes I guess. It is directed well, it isn't a marvel-like show.

Mando is obviously their flagship show, but I think overall this is better made, but being less of a serial-like show it probably won't be as big as Mando is in scope, so the spy-thriller should be pretty exciting.

A bit weird to not have the kids subtitled, but also interesting to show they were 'savage natives' who didn't know what was going on around the galaxy other than whatever was leftover from an imperial strip mine and whatever crashes on their planet.

Going to be a big fan of this I reckon. They're short episodes but the three were good.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
&/ is good

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Turin Turambar posted:

For people who still are thinking 'seems a good series from what I've seen in these episodes, but I still don't particularly care for this Andor's character...', I think the title of the series is misleading. They already said it's more an ensemble cast type of series, and the real story isn't about Andor backstory but the origins of the rebellion. That's what the series is about. It's my guess that from episode 4 onwards, we will have more points of view characters, instead of being 95% Andor.

The other half of the main cast are introduced in episode 4 including all the Coruscant politicking

But I was one of those people who wanted the andor spinoff and was excited when it was announced because we knew he couldn't be a jedi or sith character and it'd just be spy stuff.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Covid really impacted Obi-Wan which was supposed to be filmed in the UK afaik but moved to existing facilities for Mando/Boba in California and was a rush job with movies being delayed/cancelled.

Andor will be reusing some RO sets (presumably yavin rebel base) and took a lot longer to develop.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Episode 4 is up, the longest one yet at 50mins.

e: about 40mins minus recap and credits

drunkill fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Sep 28, 2022

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Wulf Yularen?! Not sure if that was him at the ISB meeting

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

exmarx posted:

the production design and characterisation are so sick. this show makes the mandalorian look like dirt.

The brief spaceport terminal scene could have been filmed in the volume, with a few people composited into the scene.

But no, they went to location with a dozen extras to film at the McLaren headquarters and touched it up with only minor VFX enhancements, because they could.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
&/ time

Bluemilk cocopops for Syril

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Ninurta posted:

Honestly, I'm happy for Space Gueverra. Hopefully this heist goes well for him.

He'll be the one person in the group to die and the others wembrace his manifesto and take it up as their cause.