Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

SgtSteel91 posted:

My sister and I are watching The Mandalorian, but she also wants to see Episodes 1, 2, and 3.

I convinced her to watch The Clone Wars between 2 and 3, is there a list of important episodes to watch to get a general sense of connection between 2, 3, and maybe The Mandalorian?

This list got posted a few times in the Mandalorian thread when some of the characters from Clone Wars started popping up. I’ve been rewatching it based on that order as well and it’s working pretty good, particularly for the stuff that aired way out of chronological order like some of the Clone stuff. The list is a bit old, so I don’t think it has the last season included, but the general response was to watch that in its entirety anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Azhais posted:

I assumed by "went dark" she meant more in the philosophical sense. He probably spent most of the time since he avoided becoming a chicken fried youngling being traded between mercs and hunted by the empire so he spent most of the time scared and angry. She did say she had concerns about training him because of it.

Din is just finally pulling him out of that dark place.

I’d say it’s a combination of that and Grogu not using or cutting himself off from the force during those years, whether due to lack of training or it being a survival mechanism. I think Cere in Jedi: Fallen Order did something kinda similar (Severing her connection to the force after touching the dark side until the events of the game).

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

The_Doctor posted:

Ani Spanishhhh

Holy poo poo I now want the entire Ricky Spanish montage redone for Clone Wars.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Larryb posted:

Also even the movie is technically released out of timeline order (I think there’s a few pre-Ahsoka episodes here and there in the series itself).

Yeah, it would technically be like episodes 3-6 or something like that according to the chronological listing

site posted:

if you're doing the whole thing for the first time i'd say it's worth watching just because it's the introduction for a bunch of characters, but when you're doing a rewatch...you're gonna skip it

I'd probably agree with this. I went through the show earlier this year after Mando season 2 and while the movie is not great, it's not as dire as some on the internet would make it out to be.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

thrawn527 posted:

Disney: "Wait, don't go! I didn't get to tell you about Children of the Jedi: A Star Wars Story!"

My eye just started twitching uncontrollably.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

twistedmentat posted:

Oh hey Caleb Dume!

That was basically my reaction as well.

Is the next episode dropping on Friday like they normally would? Also, are they all gonna be an hour or do we not know yet what the normal run time will be?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Yeah, I didn’t think child Caleb looked out of the ordinary compared to adult Kanan from Rebels either. The appearance and voice were instantly recognizable to who it was supposed to be.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Pops Mgee posted:

I really hope that gonk droid sticks around. They need a good droid to round out the crew

:same:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
What scenario leads to Hunter recreating the high points of First Blood? With his look, it feels inevitable.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Larryb posted:

So is the entire Bad Batch minus Omega all voiced by Dee Bradley Baker or do they have their own unique VA’s?

It’s all Dee Bradley Baker. I think the credits don’t even list the characters separately.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Yeah, I thought it did that. It then lists everyone else (Including whoever else Baker does) on the next card.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Rogue One’s novelization is by Alexander Freed, who also did the Alphabet Squadron books. I don’t remember what the goon consensus of it was when it came out, but I enjoyed it a good bit.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Larryb posted:

For that matter, has there been any post-ROS EU stuff yet?

Not that I’m aware of. The latest Thrawn book that came out a few weeks ago only lists two novels set after TFA, both between TLJ and TRoS. I don’t know if any comics expanded on that era more.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Yeah, coming out within weeks of those two definitely hurt it, and only five~ months after The Last Jedi. Also, at least to me, it felt like Solo got a lot less promotion prior to its release than any of the other Star Wars movies Disney put out.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

thrawn527 posted:

I'm not saying they're cancelled, because I'm sure they're not, but they're clearly on the back burner for now. Feige, Johnson, and Waititi are all working on other things (Johnson, for example, is going to be busy making his two Knives Out sequels for Netflix), and Lucasfilm hasn't talked about them in a while, and certainly haven't given a release timeline for them, so I'm not counting them until I see anything new from them. They're in development hell, as far as I'm concerned.

Rogue Squadron, however, seems to be moving forward faster than the other movies mentioned, and has, at least, a soft release date. So let's just say that it's the only movie coming in the next few years.

I’m pretty sure Waititi’s film, and maybe Feige’s as well, were both announced at the same investor event as Rogue Squadron back in December. It was clear Rogue was the one most developed or along, for whatever that’s worth for a movie they said wouldn’t be out until December 2023, so it makes sense we have heard next to nothing about the other two.

Johnson's trilogy is the one that’s probably on the back burner, up in the air, or whatever, since I don’t think anyone remotely associated with Star Wars has acknowledged it in a while.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Gonk Status: Still Gonkin’

Also, while I don’t think the timeline works for this, I briefly thought that the female trooper, who I don’t think had any lines, was Iden Versio from Battlefront II.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Teek posted:

About that program name... My ears perked up at War Mantle being used, because it’s one of the project programs Jyn reads off on Scariff.

Yeah, I caught that too. I think a few books in the new canon have made similar references.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Moon Slayer posted:

I couldn't tell is Wrecker was faking a headache so he could stay behind and prep Omega's "room," or if they were foreshadowing something wrong with his chip.

I just took it as sincere, since he slammed the side of his head into the metal of the safety harness during the landing.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Larryb posted:

I forget, has Thrawn ever made an animated appearance before (or appeared in anything besides the books for that matter)? Also, is he even still canon now that Disney threw out the old EU?

He’s basically the main antagonist of seasons 3 and 4 of Rebels, which is canon. He’s also explicitly mentioned by Ahsoka in Mandalorian. There’s also novels about him in the new canon, including an on-going trilogy about his time in Chiss space during the same time as the Clone Wars.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Cage Kicker posted:

also

Relationship with Gonk droid ended, Klink is new best friend

Larryb posted:

Screw the Gonk droid, more Klink please

:mad: you're all going on the list

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Radio! posted:

Friendship regain with Gonk, now Gonk and Klink both are my best friends

:hmmyes:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Vinylshadow posted:

When Bib showed up I felt my heart drop
Poor, poor, poor Muchie

:same:

Also, the continued adventures of Gonky remain entertaining.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Dave Syndrome posted:

As far as I remember, Ahsoka is the only character (apart from movie characters like Maul, Tarkin, Vader etc.) that crosses over.

Rex too.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

fatherboxx posted:

There is also Hera's father who appears in some episodes of Clone Wars

I think they were just asking specifically about the last season of Clone Wars, where as he’s in like season 2 or 3.

IMO, I preferred watching the last season of Clone Wars before starting Rebels, since it winds up showing how Ahsoka and Rex deal with Order 66 and everything going during RotS, but that’s not hugely specific to Rebels, particularly the first season, and I just like going chronologically anyway, even if season 7 of Clone Wars didn’t come out until like 2 years after Rebels finished.

Urdnot Fire posted:

Don’t worry, the rancor Luke takes out is a male named Pateesa (yes, I had to look it up, for obvious reasons :ohdear:). I like the new implication that Bib just likes collecting rancors for Jabba.

Well I feel better, but… Now I want to know what happens to Poochie Muchie…

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 14:24 on May 28, 2021

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Urdnot Fire posted:

Don’t worry, I’m sure she’ll show up in Book of Boba Fett as his and Fennec’s newly-acquired pet :3:

:aaaaa: I hadn’t even considered that might happen and now I’ll be very disappointed if it doesn’t. Also I’m now curious how they’d age it up…

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Yeah, a whole bunch of clones were shown having various tattoos during Clone Wars.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I think this came up in the Mando thread, but season 3 is coming after Book of Boba Fett. Presumably after that will be either Andor or whatever limited series is due first, I forget whether it’d be Kenobi or Ahsoka or what.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Anita Dickinme posted:

Oh my god this whole thing is just setting up a prequel trilogy for the sequel trilogy.

It's setting up the Thrawn trilogy... to take the place of the sequel trilogy with Force-timeline shenanigans :kheldragar:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Mandrel posted:

the question is who’s the Joruus C’baoth character

Is Barriss Offee’s fate known? Make it an older, unbalanced version of her.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

mdemone posted:

Also is Clone Wars worth watching?

Absolutely. You might not need to watch all 133 episodes, but even trying to hit the many high points is probably gonna run you 50+ episodes easily and eventually includes almost few entire seasons later on.

Similarly, I don’t know if Rebels can be cut down to just 6-8 episodes, particularly due to the importance of a few two parters and a lot of what happens in the last season.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

mdemone posted:

Hmm, sounds like I'll just watch CW straight through and fast-forward through any boring bits.

As should always be mentioned, keep in mind broadcast order isn’t chronological for Clone Wars. Some people don’t mind that, and by mid season 3 it more or less settles into it (Or at least doesn’t have any major shifting back and forth in the timeline), but I know that was part of the reason I’d didn’t like the show the first time I tried to watch it forever ago, and when I went and did it mostly chronologically, I enjoyed it a ton more.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Larryb posted:

Wait, there’s a Rebels cameo in Rouge One? When does it happen?

Also is The Ghost one of the ships that shows up to help in ROS?

Chopper shows up rolling through a shot on Yavin, the Ghost is seen parked there and IIRC then again later with the fleet at Scarif, and while at Yavin in the background the PA is calling for General Syndulla at one point.

And I believe the Ghost also shows up among the many ships in TRoS too, yeah.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Arquinsiel posted:

There is also a blink and you'll miss it Dreadnaught in Thrawn's fleet.

Okay now I need to look that up, cause I didn’t catch it.

Arquinsiel posted:

It's somewhere between ISD and Arquitens sized, trending larger.

I don’t know how big an Arquitens is off hand, or how big the Interdictor is in the show, but IIRC they were supposed to be about a third of the size of an ISD in the old EU, but as with a lot of stuff, I imagine sources varied on that on a bi

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
The first two seasons of Tartakovsky Clone Wars were 3-4 minute shorts and have little dialogue, with a bunch of the shorts having none at all. The episodes from the final season are like 10-12 minutes each, and do have a bit of talking in some of them.

They’re all good and worth watching, since all three seasons combined are all of 2 hours.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Jerkface posted:

The contact at the end is clearly Rex, because he would know about the tactical droids and would want to know about more rogue clones, right?

I think almost any of the regular characters from Clone Wars would know of a tactical droid, as they weren’t much of a secret and showed up regularly. Since we’ve already seen Saw earlier in the show, I’d say that Rex, Ahsoka, or Bail are the most likely options of someone who needs info to fight back, but really anyone who winds up against the Empire down the line could be a choice.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
So this was episode 7 of 16 and the issue of their control chips and Wrecker potentially going nuts has now been addressed. I was wondering if that might be a late season element towards the end. It was also cool to see Rex again, and Bracca at a point before Fallen Order, and I suspect the ending on this episode may get Crosshair back involved.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Larryb posted:

She’s also in some deleted scenes from Attack of the Clones (or Revenge of the Sith, one of the two anyway) as I recall.

It was Revenge of the Sith, also played by Genevieve O'Reilly who also played her in Rogue One and Rebels.

EDIT:

swickles posted:

Oh I thought we only see her in Rebels, which would work time wise. When was she in Clone Wars?

Wookiepedia has her appearing in about 15 episodes, although to be fair I don’t remember her in the titles of the episodes I recognize. :shrug:

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jun 11, 2021

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Cheesus posted:

"Actually, Rex is the guy with the beard on Endor!" Is such a ham fisted official retcon, I don't know how you can possibly believe what you wrote.

Rex isn’t the bearded guy at Endor, that guys name is Nik Sant. Filoni joked about making that guy into Rex, but ultimately didn’t make that canon, so Rex is present at Endor in some other, as yet undefined role.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Rebels does show that early on, the Alliance is still a lot of cells that sometimes have little or no contact with others outside their sector or area at times. You could easily say that the Bad Batch, if they do wind up in the Rebellion, are by then 15~ years later just off elsewhere in the galaxy and never crossed paths with the Lothal crew during the timeframe of Rebels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Arquinsiel posted:

All B1 production of Riverdance?

Well now I’m extremely disappointed this isn’t a thing.