Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://twitter.com/io9/status/1047635570095263745

Okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Boba Fett was so dangerous even his toy could kill you.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Im not sure which name is more surprising to me. Taika or Bryce Dallas Howard.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

ShineDog posted:

Resistance just pushes too far in the kid direction for me, personally.

I watched the first couple episodes of Resistance and that was my takeaway too. It just felt like in every episode the main character was supposed to learn a very important lesson about sharing. Which is fine, just not what I was into at the time.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

teagone posted:

The choke on aspirations joke always makes me laugh when I remember it. It's so loving bad, lmao.

They should've cut that entire scene out of Rogue One. Vader showing up with zero warning to wreck fools at Scarif would've been amazing.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I never watched Clone Wars and it didn't hurt my appreciation of Rebels in the slightest.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Risky Bisquick posted:

Every word you just said is :wrong:

Nah. Rebels is first and foremost Ezra's story (and the rest of the crew of the Ghost to a lesser extent), not Ashoka or Rex's. You don't have to know clone wars to appreciate that, and honestly, Rebels would be a failure if you did.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Big Mean Jerk posted:

If I’m being completely honest, the III-IV and IV-V gaps are completely tapped out for me. I’m so glad the comics have finally expanded to the post-ESB era and the books are headed to pre-TPM times, but can we please please please finally dig into the 30ish year gap between ROTJ and TFA? All we’ve gotten so far are a handful of books and the Battlefront campaign.

So more Mandalorian then?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I want Space Raylan so bad.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Cross-Section posted:

Lmao they shot a Mando music video in the Volume, I love it

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1281332597830742016?s=20

God that theme is perfect.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Close, It's a bass recorder, they talk about it a little in the Gallery episode dedicated to the show's music.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Tiya Sircar was so good as Vicky on The Good Place

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

If we're talking the full Disney+ release schedule, there's also Loki coming out this summer and mayyyybe Hawkeye(s) later in the year as well.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

tsob posted:

I'd say it's more likely we'll get Ms. Marvel before Hawkeye, since there's a trailer of Ms. Marvel, and while it is mostly the crew talking about why they like the character and the actress who'll play her reacting to news she got the part there are snippets of actual filmed content in the trailer, like her talking to her father at the dinner table, her in her room with a poster of Carol or her talking with a friend in front of what seems to be an early costume she cobbled together and then talking to the same friend on a rooftop. It's only ever a few seconds of content, and not a full trailer by any stretch, but considering all we have of Hawkeye is casting and some set photos it seems like Ms. Marvel is definitively further along in the process.

That's entirely possible, but Hawkeye feels like a show they can produce much faster than Ms. Marvel because the vfx work is going to mostly be animating arrows into shots and not embiggening the main character. I think they did that sizzle reel for Ms. Marvel because she's less of a known quantity than Hawkeye and it lets them talk up the diversity of their line up more.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I skipped Bad Batch because I just don't really care that much about clones, but Visions looks dope and I'll definitely be checking it out.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Anita Dickinme posted:

You are missing the gently caress out and I’m sorry. I’m assuming you didn’t watch The Clone Wars either?

I've seen some Clone Wars, it it didn't catch my interest the way Rebel did.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Jet Jaguar posted:

Were the Han Solo novels based on the West End Games books or did they predate those? I love the poo poo out of those books, Han and Chewie up against the Corporate Sector Authority, never quite getting that big score.

Though at one point Han does blow a building almost into orbit, which totally seems like a thing he would do. Anyway, Bollux and Blue Max are among the great Star Wars droids for me, keep hoping they’ll make it into a show somehow.

Back in the run up to Solo, Ben Lindbergh at The Ringer wrote an appreciation of Brian Daley and his Solo trilogy, and how formative they were to the later Star Wars canon.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Retcons are for the weak :colbert:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Arc Hammer posted:

Pfft, only two pieces of Beskar and an ice cream maker? I want to see the baby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfYBlBNreCY

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Jerkface posted:

There was a rumor we might get space Raylan Givens with his own show but the Empire magazine about book of boba Fett has KK saying New Republic Rangers is cancelled for now with most of the story elements likely to be folded into other shows like Mando season 3.

I suspect if Tim Olyphant actually wanted to do a Marshall Raygun Givens show Lucasfilms would fall over themselves to make it happen.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/LightsCameraPod/status/1476370659521478657

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Darko posted:

Hes a Marshall and doesn't have super hidden rage that is always going to boil over. It's Raylen Givens.

Well true, Raylan's anger issues aren't very well hidden.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Bismuth posted:

Luke was told not to leave training to save his friends, and he did anyway and saved the hell out of them.

The funny thing is, Yoda was absolutely right, Luke going to Bespin was a terrible mistake (beyond learning the truth about who Vader is) and the end result is he loses his hand and his friends have to rescue him. The point there is Luke was behaving like his father, he had a vision that his friends were in danger and ran off to help them without stopping to think, just like Anakin and his visions of Padme's death.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Cheesus posted:

Like Filoni said: do you guys actually watch Star Wars?

Luke doesn't go to Bespin, he doesn't bring R2-D2 who saves everyone but Han.

Ha, fair enough.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

thrawn527 posted:

People are saying it’s premiering that day for the 45th anniversary of the premiere of Star Wars, but we really know know it’s to celebrate our birthdays. :hfive:

What up late May birthday bros :hfive: Star Wars is officially three days older than I am.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Robot Style posted:

Apparently Maul was supposed to be in the Obi-Wan series before story changes.

Apparently Filoni was one of the guys who suggested changing Maul to Vader, so I wonder if part of that was to prevent his story from being wiped out.

There might be some of that going on, but honestly, his suggestions just sound like a better story. I mean, can you imagine if they tried to fob off Obi-Wan Lone Wolf & Cub'ing it with Luke after Mando did the same drat thing?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Everyone posted:

Beyond that it'd be kind of weird that older Luke apparently had no recollection of the galaxy-tripping adventure he had with Ben Kenobi in A New Hope. Luke seemed to know about "Old Ben" but didn't seem to actually know him.

I mean, you could spin it as obi-wan took a really circuitous route to bring baby Luke to Tatooine, but otherwise yeah.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

thrawn527 posted:

Well it's now premiering on my actual birthday, so hooray for me!

They should push it back one more day so it premieres on my birthday :argh:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Han no, Luke....kinda?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Larryb posted:

I am kind of curious if Filoni could potentially work his magic on the sequel trilogy like he did with the prequels if given the opportunity (Resistance was mediocre at best but to be fair they basically only had one movie to work with)

Isn't that what they're already very low key doing with Mando and Moff Gideon's whole deal?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Valve Steam Deck posted:

Disney: oh poo poo how did we end up with such a racist fanbase?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UsHQEr3A5Q

A young Neil deGrasse Tyson watched this and thought to himself, "one day, that will be me."

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

freck is a chud bootlicker

Never trust people with a blue lives matter imperial bumper sticker.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

site posted:

maybe they could try going outside

They do from time to time. And I've got a hunch that a good chunk of the exterior scenes on Mapuzo were also filmed outdoors.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

pik_d posted:

Jimmy Smits has a Surinamese mother,

That his father, his mother's from Puerto Rico.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Who is feeding Obi-Wan's space camel on Tatooine is what I really want to know :ohdear:

The head writer of the show went on the Ringerverse House of R podcast after episode 4 came out and that was one of the questions they asked him. And his response was that Obi-Wan left it a lot of food, and as a desert dweller it can go a long time between feeding.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

yeah I can see it.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1570458244241588224

Bortles!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Jerkface posted:

Apparently Enfys Nest's actress is at the premiere 👀

She's in the new Willow show that's debuting soon, so she could be at the Andor premiere to promote that.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Teek posted:

Andor reviews now hitting. All positive from what I've seen.

https://twitter.com/sepinwall/status/1572255514150375425

I haven't read the full review yet, but "it's not tv it's a x hour long movie" is one of Sepinwall's biggest bugbears, so it makes sense that he wouldn't vibe with the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Bringing back the classic
https://twitter.com/highonpotenuse1/status/1170328913119236101