Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Also the armour's not all painted up, which was her one character trait for like 3 seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
It's hosed up that the EU had a more coherent and realistic political fallout post-ROTJ with the Empire splitting into warlord states.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Pretty weird thing to brag about. "Yeah, I used to be a Nazi."

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
I mean that definition of affordable housing is complete trash, but also he's a billionaire so it's better than nothing.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
1st Order.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
The Ren Fair.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

IRQ posted:

So Kaz can't even afford water, did I forget him blowing all his money on something or is that just going to be a character trait?

Lost it all first episode in a bet and then I think the cleanup tab for the fight that broke out over it.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Hakkesshu posted:

I find Neeku to be more annoying than Kaz. There just isn't anything to that character at all other than dumb lines.

:same: And 'naive literalist' isn't exactly groundbreaking comedy.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
First line.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Plus they're probably implanted with knowledge of language during their spawning. Humans can't learn a first language after a certain point of development and the clones have a vastly accelerated childhood and adolescence.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

TheCenturion posted:

drat straight. I still narrate things in my head with the Imperial briefing officer's voice sometimes. Followed up with a 'Serve the Emperor, before all others.'

Abort mission. Mission a failure.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Gamma One is the Emperor's Stoool Pigeon!

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Clearly inspired by the definitive and grand artistic vision of dark forces 2

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Azhais posted:

Neither of them got pregnant tho

They stole an alien egg together, so it's kind of like getting pregnant.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Bold to assume we need wall-to-wall gay characters before asking for trans super-jedis.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Necrotizer F posted:

Here in the real world gender dyphoria is one of the more horrifying birth defects. I can't really imagine how awful it must be to have been born the wrong sex. Presumably in times past people suffering from this had no choice but to simply endure that special Hell. Now we have procedures that can correct the situation and allow people to be the gender they were supposed to be.

Still, as technology and science advances, so will our ability to modify our own physical forms with surgery and genetic manipulation.

I remember bits from Warren Ellis's Transmetropolitan showing people "wearing" traits of dolphins.

In a universe populated with such a diverse spread of species as the Star Wars universe is, I could legitimately see people coming to decide that they really, truly should have been a Wookie or Ewok or something. I could also see members of non-human species choosing some black market method to transitioning to being a human, especially under the Empire or First Order because humans get treated much better there.

Yeah nah, that's pretty hosed and not at all like the trans experience.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Necrotizer F posted:

In what ways?

I'm a CiS-gender straight white male living in the American South. I don't know any trans people (at least none who are open about it).

So, I'd really like to learn more and correct the mistakes I have in my perceptions.

Trans people aren't born in the wrong bodies. We're just assigned a gender incongruent with how we feel, based on our body. If gender as a construct ceased to exist, so would gender dysphoria. Medical procedures to 'correct' or reassign physical characteristics and bring them more in line with society's understanding of a trans person's gender only exist to make people (including ourselves) recognise us as our gender easier.

Rocksicles posted:

People have different types of dysphoria though. Regardless of the sci-fi bad humour, for some people it's not exactly inaccurate.

Don't make jokes about it, folks aren't ready and most never will be.

This also has to be balanced against the knowledge that people can often have bad, and harmful understandings of themselves for a multitude of reasons like mental illness or for religious or ideological purposes.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Oct 1, 2019

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
And the dolphin thing in particular was directly used as a transphobic plotline in South Park too.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Yeah, Yemen destroyed 50% of Saudi Arabia's oil production capacity like a month ago.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Necrotizer F posted:

Not quite. While the attacks disrupted Saudi oil production, the facilities were brought back online fairly within two weeks. The attackers claimed to be (and probably some of the were) Houthi rebels from Yemem (which are supported by Iran) but the Saudi accused Iran of actually doing the attacks. No real proof came out one way or the other.

Considering there's no evidence of Iranian involvement and the Yemenis have attacked Saudi airports with drones in the past, it's silly to take the US at their word when they're trying to build justifications for a war with Iran. Regardless, if we do take it to be an Iranian attack, that means your point is even weaker as the Houthi's legitimacy as Yemen's government isn't a factor.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Oct 29, 2019

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
The one question I do have about the e-web thing is: if the battery pack is that volatile, why didn't the good guys just shoot it when everyone was assembled around it in the open?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
No one even said they were murked by stormtroopers. Gideon has the darksabre. It's possible that he took out a bunch of them.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jan 2, 2020

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
It's because of incredibly easy and fast space travel. The contradictions of capitalism, and in particular the tendency for the rate of profit to fall, are not assuaged by the costly continual innovation of the means of production in Star Wars, but simply through the extraction of super-profits from worlds outside the imperial core. The Outer Rim has literally been the periphery of empire for tens of millenia and the intentional underdevelopment has been a constant feature throughout.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
The Nemoidians had to devote most of their droids' processing power to comic relief to classify them as protocol droids and fly under the Republic's sanctions on battle droid production.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

General Dog posted:

What’s up with all the image rehab for Kylo Ren anyway? He’s dead, does it matter?

Horniness

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
My only problem with them is that if the men were dressed up like Teddy Boys, why was the woman a punk and not a Judie?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

ccubed posted:

Ep 3 of Boba was hilarious. This was 100% a 13 year old DM's mid to late 80's adventure for their buddies. So many mini-quests. The cyberpunk cyborg street gangers on colorful vespas. The incredibly low speed chase. The sensitive rancor bonding on Boba like a baby duckling. Emotionally complex creatures who can become very loving. So many laugh out loud moments.

This is what made Rebels good, so hopefully they keep pulling from their old D6 campaigns.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
6) The awful 70s mullet and moustache on the receptionist

e: Me watching a slow speed speeder chase

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jan 13, 2022

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Captain Splendid posted:

He's not trying to do any accent, that's just how he talks.

I think it'd be silly to say he's doing an accent, but he's definitely not just acting in his regular speaking timbre and cadence, he's adding a lot more gravel to his voice and speaking very short and clipped compared to how he talks conversationally.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
The Rancor is going to die when that plucky small business owner forms a cartel of water sellers and refuses to sell to Mos Espa, mark my words.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Has Boba Fett actually even said he wants to do crimes? He took the position of Daimyo of Tattooine from gangsters, but couldn't he just want to rule a planet?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Suffering cognitive dissonance at having to hate the space mods for not being down to Earth enough for Tatooine, and zippers for being too down to Earth for space fantasy.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Rewatching The Mandalorian S2, why didn't Boba ever bother to actually learn the Tusken's language? Din managed it at some point. Probably would have helped sell it a bit more that a long time had passed.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
I feel like Fennec tried to explain how negotiations work to Boba and he sort of got it in that sit down, but really rushed backing down from the initial, 'lets form an alliance' position to the, 'alright, how about you just don't join in, in trying to kill me' compromise position.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Boba Fett: Centrist Democrat?!?!?

Otoh a centrist Democrat would never turn down the opportunity to grift for a small business owner at the expense of teens with alternative lifestyles.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Is it really racist if Trandoshans have been hunting and enslaving your people and have even integrated it as a cultural practice for millenia?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Megillah Gorilla posted:

We see in the very first episode that the tribute the Trandoshan crime lord brought to Fett was a wookie skin.

Krrsantan had every reason to hate those fuckers.

That's what I meant, it's not really racist for a Wookiee to hate every single Trandoshan.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Yeah I'd be pretty annoyed if I paid tribute to Boba and he just stood there while someone hosed up my tables.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Didn't Din literally say in the S2 finale that he had nothing better to do and might as well help Bo Katan retake Mandalore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Necrothatcher posted:

Also Beals character filling Boba's helmet with coins is a great way to ensure his head is exposed when leaving her bar.

This is a really cool detail if you're right, but they also completely failed to capitalise on that poo poo, if so.