Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Been rewatching a few old Clone Wars episodes and while there's a few rough patches, it's a lot better than I remember it being

The Season 2 episode "Landing at Point Rain" is basically "Remember the Battle of Geonosis? Remember all those CG clones fighting in a dustcloud? Well, let's actually show the brutal slog ground forces have to endure just to take a single factory"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Oh come now, the first season of the '03 CW can easily fit into the show

S2, sadly, got thoroughly debunked, which is a god drat shame - RIP BAMF Grievous

Tomtrek posted:

I really really want the thing on his back to be the electric prod thing Boba has in the Holiday Special.

Some guy named Phil Noto did a doodle where that's the case

Vinylshadow fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Oct 5, 2018

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

First episode was alright. It looks really good in motion, and the ship designs are spectacular, even if the red TIE is a tad tacky

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Wheat Loaf posted:

Like I said before, I imagine most people will wise up about it. I remember when the first Clone Wars trailer showed up (i.e. for the movie) people got very stroppy about how LUCAS :argh: had DISNEYFIED :argh: Star Wars (funny in retrospect) then I remember when the first Rebels information dropped people said it looked "too kiddy" compared to Clone Wars. But at the same time, I feel like something's changed; I think more people will hold their grudge than they did with the last two, for one reason or another. That's just 2018 for you, I guess.

Start of Clone Wars: It's not Star Wars and it's terrible
End of Clone Wars: WE WANT MORE

Start of Rebels: It's not Clone Wars and it's terrible
End of Rebels: It's still not Clone Wars but drat if it isn't at least good

Start of Resistance: It's not Clone Wars or Rebels and it's terrible
After the first few episodes: Alright, it's not as bad as we first thought. Let's see where we go from here...

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The Recruit Episode Guide

Lotta fun stuff there

Shame there's no Resistance Report though

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1049660759188402178

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I wonder if the Knights of Ren will show up in Resistance

Still holding out hope that some FO schmuck will say "I bid you dark greetings!"

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

NTRabbit posted:

I reckon it'd be fun to have Iden Versio, Gideon Hask, Del Meeko, or Shriv show up in an episode of Resistance. Hell, they could even have the first three show up in The Mandalorian, since the character models were 3D renders of the actual actors doing the voices.

That'd certainly be a nice way to introduce them to people who don't play video games - because what kind of idiot puts important lore and world-building into a platform not everyone has access to or is interested in?

What is this, Kingdom Hearts?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

*glances at username*

There's been a few times where people have in fact asked me if I was SuperShadow, and I irritatingly politely pointed out that my Shadow isn't capitalized

Still, his rumors make for good fanfic fuel, so it's not a complete waste of time reading them if you fancy yourself a writer

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Colonial Air Force posted:

Do they have an after-show thing like they did with Rebels?

There's the usual episode guides and "Bucket List Extra" that go up after the episodes air

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1053314837684600832

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

"You will not TAKE her from me."
"You brought him here to KILL me."
"Don't make me KILL you."

Can we just reshoot the last third of the movie and use Matthew Stover's RotS novelization as a script instead?

Vader's Dad Puns and all

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I wonder how many seasons it'll take before Yeager's revealed to be a Jedi and Kazuda is Force-sensitive

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

NTRabbit posted:

At some point Tam is going to figure out that the new hot shot pilot, being looked after and employed as a mechanic by the former Rebellion officer, who can't mechanic worth a drat, and has shown a keen interest in everything First Order up to and including worming into the command tower, and then climbing around the outside of it while being chased by Stormtroopers shooting to kill, might not, in fact, just be a down on his luck mechanic.

Nah, that's just the usual Colossus Hazing Ritual

Everyone goes through it

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I had no idea acceleration compensators were heavy as heck

Also, you'd think with however long they've had them, they'd have figured out ways to install them that doesn't take six hands

Or else the aliens that usually build them are trolling the humans by making things needlessly complicated so they'll keep coming back

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Weirdly enough, Ezra became less and less important as Rebels went on and at the start of S4 was somehow shoehorned into being comic relief

Zeb became background material after Legends of the Lasat

At least Chopper stayed the lovable little omnicidal maniac who'd gleefully blow up a ship with children inside without a second thought

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

He's that one friend you like but has a couple of really lovely rear end in a top hat friends he wants to bring with him places (HONDO/maul)

I beg your pardon?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

"Leia had a son named Ben Solo and he was killed by Kylo Ren during the sacking of Luke's Jedi Order."

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Cross-Section posted:

Also, here's a Resistance clip cause why the heck not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrErHJTU6Do

The shot about twenty seconds in looks amazing

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

So when do the Bigger Mandalorian theories start

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Teek posted:

Today's Resistance: gently caress Yeager's brother. That's all I have to say.

Before or after dinner?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

If I can't flip over a star destroyer by turning on a glowstick, what's the point in even having a lightsaber

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The Empire's aesthetic translates really well in this artstyle

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Vader sure loves to be surrounded by fire and flames

Mustafar really changes a person

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I like how Base Theta-Black looked like a helmet, with the hangers as eyes

Is there gonna be a giant robot fight in IX?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

At least we have the Resistance shorts to pass the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym78SA4gxZM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSdqNhZ1g9k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikrsN1vBWlY

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Cross-Section posted:

Yep. Remember when Rebels based an episode around Ezra and Zeb going out to buy groceries?

And then they got into a kidnapping plot and went to save some farmers by appropriating Imperial property

"You did all this...for fruit?!" - Stormtrooper #235

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Kaz was born 14 ABY
Torra was born 19 ABY
TFA takes place 35 ABY

He's 21
She's 16

It's Anakin & Padme all over again

Also, it's possible that the kids from Tehar are Force Sensitive, or at least the girl is, since she gets visions and dreams, hence why the Knights of Ren wiped out their village

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

They're Abbott and Costello

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

IRQ posted:

And that trooper would have gone on to be the next Finn.

But, well, brain scrape.

Given how we're days away from TFA, I'm kinda saddened that it wasn't Finn and this is what leads to him doubting the First Order and ultimately rebelling when they invade that village at the start of the film

Have the kids talk to him and explain what happened to their family

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntUxmE6EaQU

Oh boy, we're in TFA territory now

Vinylshadow fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Feb 13, 2019

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I love the "OT characters flashback to the PT days" aesthetic

It works stupidly well

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

twistedmentat posted:

Besides what was mentioned, drat fine end to the season.

Kaz is gonna probably have to choose between Torra and Synara next season.

Neeku's right there though

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

jivjov posted:

Torra's 14 and Kaz is 25; I hope they aren't pushing a romance angle there.

You may want to redo your math

Kaz was born 14 ABY
Torra was born 19 ABY
TFA is 35 ABY

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I can't believe they're adding another Death Star to The Mandalorian

Three were enough

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Azhais posted:

Kevin J Anderson wants to know your location

I'm in the fifth Death Star's detention block, penning Episodes X-XIII

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Cross-Section posted:

Taika Wat8t8

Here's hoping he's not Kay-too.0

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Is it racist to think that all droids that look alike are in fact the same droid?

Artoo blew up like five times between TPM and ANH

How do we know that he's the same Artoo after all those experiences?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

tribbledirigible posted:

Droid of Theseus. There's an astromech in a heap somewhere beeping faintly that he's the real R2-D2.

"I'm different!"

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Cross-Section posted:

Yep, stream is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrlTosbjylA

Curious that they're just looping in music from Rogue One for the pre-stream.

Cause it's Star Wars music and Star Wars music is good background noise

If I could have any series music as my life's background music, it'd be a toss-up between Star Wars and Kingdom Hearts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

It was just three minutes of this

https://twitter.com/marcusreeves73/status/1117459022196744193