Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

That is one stacked lineup of directors. My interest just went up 1000%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

So what are the odds that The Mandalorian is Sabine?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

OptimusWang posted:

Grizzled vet Sabine doesn’t have time for that childish bullshit. She would be what, 30 at this point?

This is what I was thinking. Jaded, world weary Sabine would be an interesting direction to take her character.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Good.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Not really feeling Resistance. The animation/art style is great, but the characters and VA were really bad imo. Rebels and Clone Wars left a really solid first impression when I watched their pilot episodes. This one just fell flat for me for some reason :(

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Rocksicles posted:

Suck it up. Enjoy it for what it is.

Nah, I'm good.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Decius posted:

Both Rebels and Clone Wars started really badly ("Snips/Skyguy", the downgrade in tone, visuals and "target age" with Rebels). If only counting the early episodes this starts off several levels above either.

That's a hard disagree from me. The voice acting is really bad in Resistance. Made it hard to watch, and that's amplified by the characters being dull af imo. The narrative arc in the first 4 episodes has been pretty uninteresting too. I'll just wait for Clone Wars to start up again.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I've skipped Resistance entirely and am just waiting for Clone Wars on Disney+ and hopefully the Sabine/Ahsoka adventures.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

I'm starting to think that they're going to announce too much at Celebration, and some announcements will be drowned out by bigger news.

Timestampped for relevancy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD2UE0tJ66Y&t=537s

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Y'all blind. That's DeVito.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Hope we get a trailer

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I forgot Carl Weathers is in this lol. Amazing. Didn't realize Gina Carano is in the show too. And yeah, Pedro owns :allears:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Blackout?! Boooo.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Maybe they'll put it online later? :ohdear:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

drunkill posted:

Stream of the exclusive stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq3ZmLjdgZs

Edit: gently caress disney is quick. taken down. It is a behind the scenes video of filming, introducing some characters and locations as well as showcasing the directors involved.

Still up for me, but I can't seem to download for posterity.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQzVs7pQVUQ

Quickly. They're on the move.

:smuggo:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The YT embed I posted is still available just a few posts up and is way better quality. I have a copy saved in case it goes down for anyone who wants to see it as well.

Oh wait that's the trailer, not the behind the scenes.

teagone fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 14, 2019

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Yeah I couldn't tell on my phone that it was different because it was so small and I have my phone on silent atm.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Also didn't realize they showed a teaser at the end. Best I could find on YT [edit] same video linked actually:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxocgCqErAc

Saved for posterity as well. I'm guessing they'll put these online once the marketing blitz for Disney+ starts.

teagone fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Apr 14, 2019

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Pedro as Oberyn Martell was a fan favorite in GoT. He is one of my favorite characters of any show.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Cross-Section posted:

Somebody uploaded the entire 7-minute clip they showed at the end of the panel, catch it while you can:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0dhPm3vbyE

Saved for posterity, if it goes down. Thanks.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That clip was great. I missed Clone Wars :unsmith:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Mo-capped Ray Park as Maul? :stare: That's awesome.

Also, is there an artbook of Filoni's sketches? I want a book just full of all his Clone Wars doodles and storyboards.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Aww, I remember Filoni talking about that clip at Celebration London and it made Ashley Eckstein cry.

[edit] Haha, and she cried again :unsmith:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

gently caress, that trailer was amazing. Ahsoka looks cool with blue sabers :allears:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Mandalorians always getting their poo poo kicked in by Ahsoka :twisted:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I would like a Star Wars show that has the same animation style as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf1cfemeX_U

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Cross-Section posted:

https://twitter.com/dave_filoni/status/1152283415787343872

I do wonder when we'll be getting the next info/trailer dump re: TCW S7 since it's not coming until next year.

D23 is next month, so maybe then?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

:gizz:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Imagine a show where they digitally de-age Ewan a for an episode where he and an also digitally de-aged Hayden have an adventure. I'm down.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

AndyElusive posted:

How about they AGE McGreggor and have old Ben adventures pre-ANH instead.

Why not both? I was more so implying that the potential Kenobi series could have a flashback episode where Hayden cameos, and how that would be a cool thing to do.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Hayden doesn't look like he aged that much either.
https://twitter.com/mattlanter/status/1117436599271329793
They actually probably wouldn't even need to de-age them if they were to do a flashback.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Teek posted:

Yeah, just highlight that it was a particularly rough battle in The Clone Wars. Bonus for the Ahsoka name drop. Probably asking too much for a cameo, unless they use it as a back door Ahsoka series pilot...

If they make a live-action Ahsoka series I might cry. Papa Disney, pls...

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

It's official now
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1162153254278447105

:allears:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

MonsterEnvy posted:

The show is good.

I think it's bad. The art style is cool, but I don't like the characters at all.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

DancinBrud posted:

Feels like a stretch, but who knows. That Twin Suns duel is so good. Probably a top 3 all-time lightsaber fight, in my opinion.

It's the best duel in the entire saga.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I'm not sure I'd want every lightsaber fight to be a Sanjuro-style "two flashing cuts and it's over" event, but it certainly worked for Twin Suns.

It wouldn't work for every fight because there's a lot more going on between Maul and Obi-Wan than just clashing sabers. It's a clash of symbols, of how far each of them has journeyed towards opposite ends of morality, only to meet once more at what is simultaneously the end and beginning of all things that have shaped and will shape the galaxy. Like, Obi-Wan baiting Maul into using the strike he killed Qui-Gon with by shifting his stance is great, and that's just surface level stuff; it's crazy satisfying for fans. The whole thing is an insane pinnacle characterization moment that's 100% effective because of just how much history and knowledge fuels the underbelly of it. There's almost no other duel that matches that kind of narrative weightiness imo.

[edit]

vvv I can't relate to anyone who would willingly dismiss one of the greatest character moments in any kind of story. Imagine not being able to appreciate what makes the Twin Suns duel so good...like, gently caress man lol. I wish those people could see it the way I do. Shame.

teagone fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Aug 17, 2019

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

gently caress, my heart skipped a beat glancing at that thumbnail. I thought it was live-action Ahsoka lmao.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

PunkBoy posted:

Good to know! I've always been more of a fan of the Rebellion era than Clone Wars, but I hear so many good things about Ahsoka so I want to see what her deal is.

Ahsoka kicks so much rear end in Rebels and Clone Wars; she's easily one of the best characters in the whole saga imo. Her arc across both series carries so much impact and ends in a way that is genuinely and wholly affecting. She's a little grating until her costume change, which doesn't happen until season 3 episode 10, so it's a bit of a wait to get really invested in her character I think, but her story is worth it. I also think most will agree that, in general, when Ahsoka dons her new look, that's the moment when the series steps up its game and gets really, really good.

[edit] Checked to make sure, and I was right about which episode it was where Ahsoka gets her new look.

teagone fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Aug 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Shameless plug incoming: I cut together a faux "Star Wars Story" trailer for Ahsoka, based on a handful of Ahsoka-centric episodes from the second season of Rebels. Thought you all might appreciate it :shobon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DX2HxN_EFo