Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It would be pretty cool if they revealed at the end of the first episode that it was a woman.

Pascal can be her dopey sidekick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hope that means Clancy Brown is in it. He'd be terrifying as some Crime Lord or post Empire Hold Out.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can totally see Katee Sackoff showing up as Bo Katan.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm up to episode 3 and I'm enjoying this, but I kinda wish Kaz wasn't such a whiny dumbass. I mean, that's all the main characters in Star Wars, but he seems worse than normal. Though like all others, he'll grow up.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I read that this will take place during the period of The Force Awakens so anyone who's seen the show will know what that means.

spoiled Kaz is from Hosian Prime so its very likely his family will be completely wiped out when Starkiller base destroys it

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, from the Star Wars Explained videos about the pre TFA novels and such its pretty much like this

FO is out there, but no one really thinks they're a threat. Just a bunch of ex imperials out on the Rim and they won't trouble anyone unless something bugs them. That's why people think the Resistance are extremists. Its like people who think Antifa are extremists because they want to punch Nazis.

But at the same time, there are people like Leia and others who actually do see the FO as a threat, and their intelligence says that yes, they have a force that is at least equal to the New Republics bare bones fleet. As the NR was trying to distance itself from the militarism of the Empire and before that the Clone Wars era Republic, they had made a conscious choice to limit their military forces. Though there are those in the Senate who are totally "you know, everything was pretty great during the Empire, except for that whole blowing up planets thing, but then didn't they deserve it?" both naively and because they were agents of the First Order. Leia was exposed as Vaders daughter by these guys and they used that to destroy her reputation in the galaxy.

I really like looking at the ships and seeing what they were cobbled together from, also the old empire gear being repurposed by the pirates was a neat touch.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
All this is why this shirt exists

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/2512566-speculate-responsibly

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
What kind of ice cream do you think mandolorians like? Cookie dough I hope.

I was just thinking about Super Shadow the other day. I always wondered if they were a joke, soneone with mental problems or just a fan way to obsessed with star wars and felt they could extrude influence on it by force of will. I remember they claimed to be the one making the TV show.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wheat Loaf posted:

I've heard he actually had a bit of a breakdown when Revenge of the Sith came out and proved that virtually every single one of his predictions/scoops/leaks was wrong. Whether that's true or not isn't clear to me - it was almost 15 years ago - but if he wasn't a very committed troll then he sincerely seemed to believe that he had an in with George Lucas.

Likewise, I've heard that one of the reasons Mike Zeroh was so harsh on Last Jedi (PLEASE NOTE: the operative phrase being "one of" - I'm sure he had normal reasons as well) was that it didn't match any of his Exclusive Insider Leaks. Again, I'm sure he may have disliked the movie for normal reasons as well but when you make your entire YouTube career off claiming that you've got an inside track and you're proved completely wrong it's probably annoying.

I remember he claimed he was in the 501st Attack on the Temple scene, but people would point out that the Jedi you see are credited actors. But yea he did kinda vanish after then, or at least became much more active.

There was someone who deleted their channel because none of their youtube theory videos about Snoke and other TLJ topics were correct, and they blamed the movie for ruining their channel. It was pretty much just rumors and fan speculation passed off as inside info, I wonder if that was Zeroh's channel.

But then a lot of people put a lot of water in the Snoke is Mace Windu bucket for some reason.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
yea the Ugly ships are really cool because you can see all the parts used to make them. The Pirate Leader was also dressed in Imperial Office Armor.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

NTRabbit posted:

He had to dress professionally for his job interview with the First Order

Star Wars Explained wondered if it was stuff that was given to the pirates by the FO rather than salvaged.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can totally see the end of the season being around the destruction of Hosian Prime, either thats what ends the season or just before the end of the season and the last episode deals with people going "whoa what the gently caress? The First Order are actually terrible!"

I did enjoy Kaz not knowing how to open the grate.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
They did put out Leia was Vaders daughter, but I think the Kylo thing was pretty hidden.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Moon Slayer posted:

That's actually a pretty apt comparison in terms of setting.

If the main characters were season 1 Nog and Jake.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Clarke coming back for the Cassian series would be great, and hell stick a different white wig on her and put her in the Mandolorian.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I thought the titular line would be "I am the Mandalorian, you killed my X, prepare to die".

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Sabine is clearly asian, so having her played by a white actor is pretty scummy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I remember before getting voicebin tie fighter I had to hear "sbos installed!".

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wheat Loaf posted:

The cut-scenes from Dark Forces II were my favourite.

I've never played that, I really should but I tried playing DF1 because I also had never palyed it, and I cannot do non mouselook FPSs anymore.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aces High posted:

good work, Alpha One. Secondary mission objectives complete, the Emperor will be pleased

I liked the snarky banter when they send you to clear a minefield in an TiE, and the officer is all "lets see how well you do clearing that minefield in an unshielded ship you doofus"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Kanine posted:

uhh aside from being both latino dudes with beards idk if they really look much alike?

They are both very handsome.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gonz posted:

Guavian Death Gang outta nowhere!

This show is getting good. The animation style is growing on me, too.

Yea, i don't know why this episode is the one that struck me that the animation is actually pretty good. It was probably the racing scene.

Sam Witwer is going to have a live action role in the Mandalorian, some people seem to think he's going to be Palpatine, either in makeup or a Dark Empire style clone, but I think its more likely he'll be a new character. He's pretty hateable in Supergirl so i'd like to see him as some Imperial Remnant officer.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
You thought Speedstar was real?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I won’t be happy until the Mandalorian pushes a baby speeder down a hill and vibroblades shoot out the sides and lop off a bunch of stormtrooper legs

How about a rotary blaster hidden in thr under carriage?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Yea that poo poo is loving awesome.

I also love the shot in the Palpatine one where he says "everything is going as I have forseen" and they show clips from the prequels.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is there an episode or resistance today, or are we done until the new year?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The weird thing about having TFA and TLJ happening within hours or days of each other means that Resistance will have Hosian Prime being Starkilled but then Starkiller being destroyed, then the stuff with the Raddus and the Sumperacy happening off somewhere while Kaz goofs around.

Speaking of Raddus, I hope he's in the Cassian Series.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man Maybe the Cassian series will also give us a live action Doctor Alpra. I was hoping to see her in Rebels, and there's little chance we'd see her in Resistance.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

drunkill posted:

This is neat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ako9KDsBG3c

Also, Rebels ended this year. It feels longer than that.

Yea this was a really good summery of the year in Star Wars. And yea, it feels like Rebels ended in 2017.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Rumors say ep9 will be 1-3 years after tlj, so Resistance can easily fill in any of those gaps.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Pretty sure Hosian Prime being smoked is going to cause a sea change in Kaz's behavior, not to mention the rest of the cast.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rocksicles posted:

Those rich snobby motherfuckers deserved it.

The best part is in the novels is that the FO loving Senators were also taken out by Starkiller base. The First Order gives no fucks.

Thing is, TFA and TLJ take place over what? Half a week? That means no matter how much time passes before Ep9 takes place, Resistance is going to show stuff from right after The Last Jedi happens. I guess that also explains why BB8 is back working with Kaz.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I didn't expect them to jump right into FO Invasion stuff, as most shows like this, not just SW shows, will do BIG HUGE REVEAL shows then follow it up with something lighter.

I wonder what Sinara did to that fuse box.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm pretty sure either there's something on this planet the FO wants, like some crashed Clone Wars era super weapon or the Colossus is strategically important. I could see the latter because why else have a random refueling station there? Probably some important hyperspace lanes run though the planet.

Though this being Star Wars, it's probably something more than just mundane logistics.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I realized that Dolza being an secret Imperial Veteran is odd because Griff is clearly an Tie Pilot and every ones pretty cool with him in his tie based ship, wearing his TIE Helmet. Unless Dolza isn't actually Dolza but he's Commander Genocide to exterminated the Hoojibs.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So the two aliens that run the shop, they're gay right?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hope Kaz told Yeager about the First Order's plan to purge the station.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
They're going to Takodana, and considering probably at this moment, Poe is on Jaku meeting with Liet Kynes, or captured.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Metalshark posted:

I like how Captain Doza and Torra Doza both care about the people of the Colossus even as they live in a literal high tower looking above them. The series has done good work with them both, and I hope Torra plays a bigger role in the Resistance going forward. Her and Kaz have good chemistry as allies, and I think she's the most interesting character along with Synara.

Yea, I feel like Yager and Doza are fully aware of each others history, and are fully on the same side against the First Order.

As I said, their hopes for the Resistance is pretty misplaced, because as I said, TFA is probably right about to happen, so that means Kaz is their only hope.

Exactly, Max Von Sydow will always be Liet to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hope season 2 they leave the Colossus and have a hero ship they can travel around in. I like it but it feels limiting with storytelling.

Also they kind of reversed the comedy 3 people falling with the person coming last having the best landing.