Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Bug Squash posted:

Alice got in some dumb tiff with a landlord in Reykjavik and a bunch of people on twitter decided that meant she was a transphobe.

she told someone who got left the house when her dad died and split costs with roommates to kill herself actually and continued to double down the longer it went on

and when she gets bored sometimes she goes on about how asexual people don't suffer corrective rape for not performing heterosexuality

Alice is a real sack of poo poo who is sometimes funny and it's more important to some people that she be funny, I guess

neongrey has issued a correction as of 23:57 on Sep 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

neongrey posted:

Alice is a real sack of poo poo who is sometimes funny and it's more important to some people that she be funny, I guess

Podcasters.txt

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

neongrey posted:

That's because to healthy people podcasters are entertainers not friends

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

I'm not looking for a friend, but I'm also not looking for entertainers who tell my friends to kill themselves or go around denying hate crimes. funny people are a dime a fuckin dozen, I'll find someone else

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
liam is in desperate need for friends, period.

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

that's probably why he is friends with Alice

e: I do like the podcast but I don't use twitter nor follow anyone

palindrome has issued a correction as of 08:27 on Sep 24, 2022

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

The people who hate Alice really do treat it like a PhD project.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Bug Squash posted:

The people who hate Alice really do treat it like a PhD project.

she repeatedly told my friend to kill herself because she couldn't afford to get rid of her own home, go gently caress yourself

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Genuinely baffled as to why anyone posts enough on twitter to have an argument

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

GotLag posted:

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

GotLag posted:

I do remember distinctly thinking, 140 characters is not enough for anyone to defend renting exclusively to sex offenders on the grounds they had the gift of the gab. I would probably not have tweeted that.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

neongrey posted:

she repeatedly told my friend to kill herself because she couldn't afford to get rid of her own home, go gently caress yourself
how incredibly rude and online of her

the power of being a white british woman, you get to say heinous poo poo

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Neat, 40 new posts. there must be a new Franklin....

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

KoRMaK posted:

how incredibly rude and online of her

the power of being a white british woman, you get to say heinous poo poo

in the worst accent imaginable

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

GotLag posted:

Genuinely baffled as to why anyone posts on twitter

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

why are people still relitigating the icelandic furry landlord thing instead of remembering the six figgy furry landlord in colorado who used to work for raytheon with the registered sex offender (minors) wife who was her most valiant defender

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

neongrey posted:

Alice is ... sometimes funny

[citation needed]

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Retromancer posted:

I don’t begrudge DNE for just doing a shoot the poo poo podcast with his friends rather than continue his high effort YouTube content, but it’s probably my biggest media disappointment of the last 5 years.

this

but also seeing a bunch of new posts ITT

and then turns out one of DNEs collaborators, Alice, is a real sack of poo poo

why did I get my hopes up? it’s 2022 hope is the mind killer

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

[citation needed]

her attempts at comedy are a perfect time capsule of whatever was going around twitter the week whatever podcast she's on was being recorded. people who are less internet poisoned than us have no way to notice this, and will just consider her kind of ~wacky~. to people as internet poisoned as us, it is both noticeable and really annoying, in the same way Matt Yglesias is annoying: a completely replacement-level talent presenting as a bold iconoclast.

the infodumps about stupid military hardware she knows about are good though

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist
A friend of mine from the Philly SRA (“Tom Paine”) is doing the sports pod spin-off 10,000 losses with Liam and I only just realized donoteat/JR is a goon wth

Edit: I stopped listening when they went Open Biden with the live shows oh well

Sunny Side Up has issued a correction as of 06:13 on Sep 27, 2022

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Sunny Side Up posted:

lol

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Sunny Side Up posted:

A friend of mine from the Philly SRA (“Tom Paine”) is doing the sports pod spin-off 10,000 losses with Liam and I only just realized donoteat/JR is a goon wth

I mean it's not like they started a tour they are doing their 2nd live show in Philly in December

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

achillesforever6 posted:

I mean it's not like they started a tour they are doing their 2nd live show in Philly in December
it is ableist to tell goons to go outside

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

I culled all my left pods that don’t catch that we’re in an ongoing mass disabling event, maybe I should add them back in the mix

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Sunny Side Up posted:

I culled all my left pods that don’t catch that we’re in an ongoing mass disabling event, maybe I should add them back in the mix
virtually every podcast that has found an audience has done or is planning live shows, so you better keep culling.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Sunny Side Up posted:

what

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

like everything else here a group of people took "you should do X" way beyond all comprehension, like the low carb goons ending up on statins at 30 from eating nothing but sat fats

I actually think I ran into one of these types throwing a temper tantrum at a fast food worker because he refused to talk up to make himself audible through his ~respirator~

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Isentropy posted:

like everything else here a group of people took "you should do X" way beyond all comprehension, like the low carb goons ending up on statins at 30 from eating nothing but sat fats

I actually think I ran into one of these types throwing a temper tantrum at a fast food worker because he refused to talk up to make himself audible through his ~respirator~

what

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Don't they ask for masks at these events? I know the Dollop does. I know they had a streaming option for the first one.

But also lol we're already turbo-hosed by covid because our governments decided to sacrifice lives on the altar of the economy.

MonsieurChoc has issued a correction as of 22:43 on Sep 30, 2022

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/wsbgnl/status/1575912955488894981

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
A friend of mine told me he was worried when I said we should have done what China did because it's autoritharian.

Dude we let millions die for the profits of a bunch of bastards.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

Don't they ask for masks at these events? I know the Dollop does. I know they had a streaming option for the first one.

But also lol we're already turbo-hosed by covid because our governments decided to sacrifice lives on the altar of the economy.

Podcasts seem to be doing a mix - live, hybrid, or online-only. The Dollop has it on their posters you need to be masked and vaxxed to go.

I can't blame them. They can't all become pro computer touchers and I can't imagine the revenue from doing Zoom shows matches live/live-ish revenue. And we don't live in a civilized country where we might stop the bills because of a pandemic

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

yea but im fuckin bored and it's time to go party again, have you considered that

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Isentropy posted:

This is stupid and you’re rude

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Sunny Side Up posted:

I think it's rather rude that everyone else decided we should just sacrifice an arbitrary number of people because they can't be arsed to put on a mask not eat at Applebees or go to Live Shows for 3 to 6 months.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lol but we did that for 18 months and it didn't work. china tried it and it turns out someone else will end up loving it up for the rest of us (USA for example)

still curious what the mass disabling event means, and what culling your podcasts have to do with it

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Warmachine posted:

I think it's rather rude that everyone else decided we should just sacrifice an arbitrary number of people because they can't be arsed to put on a mask not eat at Applebees or go to Live Shows for 3 to 6 months.
pop quiz: what is today’s date?

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Sunny Side Up posted:

Yeah my bad. I just wanted to say I get why some performers/live artists might want to do in person stuff with precautions because part of the government going Open Biden was deciding we wouldn't support anyone anymore so everyone had to go back to work.

Faced with eviction or bankruptcy some people made choices I disagree with, but I get. I apologize for my flippant tone. Like they're not just pretending COVID is over because they want to, you know?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

ah yes,the disagreeable choice of staying in your home when faced with starving or eviction

very shameful decision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i’m assuming that, for purposes of argument, it is still March 2021 in this thread