Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalel

Fredrik1 posted:

Thanks,

Sent everything in for printing last weekend, unfortunately it will take a week for it to actually print.

I could not figure out how they wanted the design software setup and in the end I just did a rough estimation so who knows what I'll get back.

Boooo! Booooooooo!

(that's ghostish for "yaaay!")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

Fredrik1 posted:

Thanks,

Sent everything in for printing last weekend, unfortunately it will take a week for it to actually print.

I could not figure out how they wanted the design software setup and in the end I just did a rough estimation so who knows what I'll get back.

that is great, thank you for your service!

ty nesamdoom!

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Lol I hosed up pretty badly, somehow I hadn't noticed that I had a duplicated page in there during all this time (it was even missed by two people I showed it too).

I'll have to wait for the test print to arrive to fix any issues before trying to print again, the current prints will be good enough for the thread but I wanna do at least one more print before they go out for sale. I'm pretty sure I would have had to do this regardless due to my cover images probably not being aligned very well.

So expect some professionally printed ghosts in the thread next week (if the printing time is correct)!

..but no actual way to buy anything until mid December the earliest :/

This might or might not be in the book..

Fredrik1 fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Nov 29, 2018

xcheopis

V. excited and don't mind waiting.

Fredrik1 posted:

A boorito: burrito fixins' but wrapped in a ghost.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

kalel

christmas 2058. midway through the holiday festivities, I hear the crooning call of the comfort of my study. I announce that I will retire for the night, to little fanfare. I hurry upstairs to prepare for the yearly ritual. donning a velvet robe and suede slippers, I set a virtual vinyl on the turnstile app, set my e-pipe alight, and pull out my AR reading glasses. my worn eyes float over the literary classics adorning the shelves along the walls; the voices of dumas, brontë, austen, fitzgerald, and more are almost audible beneath the overtones of bach's cellos and the muted din of the to-do downstairs. the house AI reads my intent and chimes in with a link to the virtual library—bottomless, ethereal, cold. the heart, of course, knows what it wants. I pull a key off the gold chain around my neck, slide it into the top drawer of the davenport, and retrieve my favorite—the fredrik, his first classic, "to serve ghost," paralleled neither hence nor since. I ease into the bergère. a literary journey well-tread, perhaps, but what is old age without a little nostalgia?

kalel fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Nov 30, 2018

Piso Mojado

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Absolutely get that published

Manifisto

Fredrik1 posted:

Lol I hosed up pretty badly, somehow I hadn't noticed that I had a duplicated page in there during all this time (it was even missed by two people I showed it too).

I'll have to wait for the test print to arrive to fix any issues before trying to print again, the current prints will be good enough for the thread but I wanna do at least one more print before they go out for sale. I'm pretty sure I would have had to do this regardless due to my cover images probably not being aligned very well.

So expect some professionally printed ghosts in the thread next week (if the printing time is correct)!

..but no actual way to buy anything until mid December the earliest :/

I am excited about this and there are always logistics issues, thank you for perservering!

ty nesamdoom!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

A truly successful BYOB success story!!!

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer
This Christmas..

Dinner, has never been spookier.

Some of you might have noticed some oddities in here, very fittingly for my ghost book it will probably take seven days until I receive the next print and before I can publish this.

The final book will have better graphics! (or at least better aligned and with text that doesn't go outside the page)

More content! (I had to add another page, I think the publisher was incorrect about the minimum page count and it's actually 29)

and that's about it really.

Thanks BYOB, your support made this happen.

Fredrik1 fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Dec 5, 2018

kalel

I'll take 20

alnilam

:snoo:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I'll take 20

same divided by 10 tho

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I seriously would like a few of these for my friends. This is so freaking adorable.

Robot Made of Meat

This is truly a BYOB miracle.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

xcheopis

Hooray! Thank you!

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN

Fredrik1 posted:

This Christmas..

Dinner, has never been spookier.

Thanks BYOB, your support made this happen.

This whole book gets a :five:

City of Glompton

Bacon Taco posted:

This whole book gets a :five:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Manifisto

it's so good

ty nesamdoom!

Zorblack

And with strange aeons, even death may eat a burrito with goons.

google THIS posted:

There are rumors flying around that ghost zest is the secret ingredient in many of my world famous soups, but I ain't grated no ghost.

You really nailed this, and I want you to know that I saw it, and I liked it.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I missed it, thank you for quoting

googleTHIS is a treasure

google THIS

aw shucks, ain't no topping the book though, it's true BYOB magic

Pokedad
I am a creepy cunt.
I also wish for two copies.

Can you send them all the way to Australia, though?

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer

Pokedad posted:

I also wish for two copies.

Can you send them all the way to Australia, though?

Sales will be through the publishers e-store, I see no reason why they wouldn't ship to Australia.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Fredrik1 posted:

Sales will be through the publishers e-store, I see no reason why they wouldn't ship to Australia.

it's happening holy shirt

alnilam

Hugh Malone posted:

Twenty Four

:ghost:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm so excited I told my dad and he's going to take one too the VA with him to put in the waiting room for kiddos to read. :D

Pokedad
I am a creepy cunt.

Fredrik1 posted:

Aw poo poo yes.

Ima get two.

City of Glompton

Hugh Malone posted:

:peanut:

xcheopis

I have convinced two co-workers to purchase at least one copy each (that is, I buy them the books and they pay me back). V. excited!

phantump21

Just a tree stump ghost.
By the way, I am a ghost and I can confirm we are not edible. Sorry to those who thought we were. :(

google THIS

phantump21 posted:

By the way, I am a ghost and I can confirm we are not edible. Sorry to those who thought we were. :(

That's EXACTLY what a delicious ghost would say.

phantump21

Just a tree stump ghost.

google THIS posted:

That's EXACTLY what a delicious ghost would say.

I have a wooden stump. Thus I'm not able to be eaten unless you like tongue splinters.

xcheopis

phantump21 posted:

I have a wooden stump.

So, you're saying you're already kabob prepped?

phantump21

Just a tree stump ghost.

xcheopis posted:

So, you're saying you're already kabob prepped?

no. I'd just prefer not to be eaten. I don't even have a flavor. I tried sucking on my "tail" once so I'm speaking from experience there.

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Can't believe you got published, congratulations, I'm happy for you, ghost Fredrick.

----------------

drilldo squirt

phantump21 posted:

I have a wooden stump. Thus I'm not able to be eaten unless you like tongue splinters.

You should join the army so they can give you metal stumps.

----------------

phantump21

Just a tree stump ghost.

drilldo squirt posted:

You should join the army so they can give you metal stumps.

I doubt they’d let the deceased into the army. I’m technically not alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt

Buddy, if your dead and still talking, the army would love to get to know you. Dying is a huge issue for them, it seems to happen a lot.

----------------