Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

John Wilkes Booth posted:

1) Padres
2) Braves

I very much value a good farm system in my OOTP games.
Seconded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Prospects, hitting, SPs, starters, power & patience, control, tactical

That is a drat pitching coach

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Bradley seems like the best fit right now

Stepping out of character, with people concerned about long-term considerations like Super 2s etc., how long do sims like this usually last considering OP's availability, thread interest, how far into the future OotP stays reasonably playable?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

bewbies posted:

I'm planning to go for at least 7 seasons or so. This isn't much work compared to BAP, so we'll see if we want to continue after that.
Cool, so we can kinda discount stuff like that seventh year of control that at least somewhat in our decision, even if we're not too concerned about immediate success. Thanks for doing this, it's a lot of fun even when I'm not chiming in!

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

e: oh cool that's what I was gonna say anyway

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

[B] but targeting the following season as the opening of the window -- don't be afraid to drop some cash on stars with a few years of control at the right price this offseason. Let Diekman go.

Arb guys the ones with (A) next to them in the 2020 column?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

What's Spangenburg's deal, hurt any or just not producing? We acquired some OFs, any logic to letting him walk?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Lewis for sure. When's he due? Would be cool to have some guys in the pipe to watch for a few years down the road even if we're already competing.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

We're a year ahead. I say we stay put for now and see what the kids can do.

Unless there's a can't miss offer of course.
:same:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Deadline sounds OK but I'll throw in a vote for A, I don't like aging relievers

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Lose whoever it takes whenever it takes to make the money work for Meija, even if we're poor $5m is way too low to get worked up about for a great catcher.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I'm in

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Don't go to any trouble but I was meaning to ask since a few days ago when we played the Braves in the NLDS one season and I looked at the box score and Christian Pache was starting in CF -- what happened to <--- Ronald Acuņa in this universe?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

That's wild, those 2018 sim numbers are very close to real life (exactly 111 games played!) but only gives him 0.8 WAR when bbRef and Fangraphs both have him close to 4. Does OotP use their own weird formula?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Is PetCo now located on the moon?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

RIIIIIIINGZ

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

How would the game handle contraction, everyone in the dying team becomes a free agent or they're put in a draft? Actually I forget how it worked irl.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Also give Chubb and Balsley a 5 year contract, and see if you can lower the AAV a bit by giving them that sweet job security.
These, Cube to the bench coach, shop Baez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Cube Coach owns

• Locked thread