Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
1) Angels
2) Braves

Get Ohtani a ring or die trying. :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
That man is a pitching coach if I ever saw one.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Urena or Edmun might be worth pursuing if we want cheap and to make some marginal improvements. Probably want to save our actual payroll money for pitching.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Is that 12m in addition to Cube Catcher's contract or including that money? It's only a mil this year, but that might change the calculus on our pitching targets.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Cool, then let's try and get Eovaldi and Cagolla, should only take a tiny bit of lowballing to get that under our payroll limit. If they refuse to budge, we can swing Morton or Cahill instead.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Julio Cruz posted:

I'd rather get Morton with that $7M if possible, but if not then Britton and Miller are both good pickups for bullpen depth and/or deadline deals.

Sounds like a plan to me. As for our prospects, do we have any other notable SS depth behind FTJ? If we do let's move him to third and see if we can create another Machado.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
We have Santana for at least a couple years, so Bradley would have time to develop and work on his defense in the minors. On the other hand, you can never have too much bullpen help, especially if Ferrell is as ready to go as advertised. Plus if we fall short of our lofty goal of .500 we can probably sell him for a good haul unless he completely falls apart.

Ferrell

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Sydin posted:

Eh, I'd keep FTJ down until next year unless we have no other options. I'd also hold onto Eovoldi unless we get offered a top 25 in all MLB pitching prospect type. Trade the rest though, yeah.

Agreed. No point in rushing this, keep our best guys unless we get blown away.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Hold on Eovaldi, Trade Yuli. I'm personally inclined to hold on to Wilson too, but if we're gonna trade him go for Burnes.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Yeah, if all goes according to plan we'll be shooting for at least the wild card in 2021 so we might as well lock up a big piece beforehand. If we're gonna overpay, we might as well go for Sale unless we think his arm is going to explode this year.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

bewbies posted:

We are predicted to finish first in the West, with a 104-58 record. This...was not expected. By anyone. Including me.

Bradley and Williams are in the top 10 MLB players. Cole and Paxton are in the top 10 pitchers.

:eyepop:

Who knew that all it took to make the Padres good was to hand the team over to a bunch of goons and trade away literally anyone that people know about?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Stay put. We're still a year ahead of schedule and almost all of our current pieces will be back next year. If anyone offers anything particularly enticing, maybe think about it, but no reason to buy until we're for sure going for it.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Well, we saw what the kids had and it wasn't quite enough. Time to open the wallets and build us a loving dynasty.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Oh gently caress, I go on vacation for one day and we're in the World Series. gently caress the Yankees is always a true statement but never moreso than here. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
That was a pretty good narration, big fan of how it turned out

:woop:

• Locked thread