Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
gently caress yeah this gonna be good.

1) Marlins

2) Padres

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Yeah not gonna lie I picked the Marlins because I wanna start a scheme to run Jeets out of town.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
1) Sign Star Players. Maybe we switch this up next year but the 2019 FA class is historically good right now so let's scoop up some talent while we can.
2) Pitching, Bullpen, Starters, Power/Patience, Velocity. Our rotation is hot garbage so the bullpen has to ride in to save the day. Also we should totally sign Miller to replace Hand :v:
3) Sabermetrics baby, time to go full launch angle and ~spin rate~
4) Pete Ward, Trainer extraordinaire.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

bewbies posted:

MIKE MATHENY.
:yikes:

Votes:
1) Replace our pitching coach with somebody who focuses on velo and/or strikeouts. Preferably somebody who's also good with youngsters.
2) Replace our hitting coach with somebody good with young guys. Last thing we need is some scrub coach ruining development.
3) Pay all the arb guys, but let Galvis go.

Proposals:

1) Keep all our vets/big contracts... for now. None of these guys (Richard, Hosmer, Myers, etc) were worth anything last year so we'd be selling low. If any of them rebound next season we could sell at the deadline.

Any chance you could show us what the farm looks like? I was thinking about proposing buying low on a SP with some upside (Gray, Duffy, etc) to fortify the rotation but if we've got a ton of young arms primed to go then it's not worth it.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

bewbies posted:

There is a view of our farm in the pic dump I put up earlier. I'll upload the entire game file later today so you all can get way into the weeds.

So you did! Sorry, didn't notice the last pic showed our top prospects.

IcePhoenix posted:

To save money and reward being good, I think we should Promote Burkhart and then Hire Treanor to the minors.

This.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I'm surprised you can trade him straight up for Cubs considering they already have Rizzo. Must really want to get out from under that Heyward contract :v:

I still think we don't trade him until the deadline, but I see where the winds are blowing so if we must trade him, Trade him for Santana.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I mean Chatwood is definitely on a cheaper and shorter deal, and it's not like our rotation isn't garbage anyway so what's one more loser on the pile? He can also be bounced to the pen if he continues to suck.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Yeah I also checked our minor leagues and none of our 1B options look ready, so we'd have to go out and sign somebody to cover losing Hosmer anyway. Santana it is.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

IcePhoenix posted:

The fans will get over it when we use that money to extend an actual good player

*extreme Jim Leyland voice* "Hosmer is a top 10 player in all MLB."

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Definitely B.

Looking at our farm, Mejia slashed .471/.500/.824 in AAA last year (although it was only four games). I propose we make him our big call up this year to generate some interest. Will also hopefully get him some experience catching at the MLB level a year or two prior to us actually going for it.

Of course, we only call him up a few weeks in so we get that extra year of control. :v:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

If we're going after fat dudes we drat well better make a run at signing Bartolo Colon

Our rotation needs a boost, do this.

Also Bartolo hit his lone home run in PetCo so clearly that's where the magic is :colbert:

e. Oh yeah and Sign Astudillo.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Julio Cruz posted:

e: unless OotP tracks player happiness and your team will play like poo poo if they hate you

It does but gently caress 'em they'll get over it.

Hold off for super two eligibility on everybody. Not like a rough start will hurt our long term goal of going .500 anyway.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Bradley seems like the best fit right now

:agreed:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Julio Cruz posted:

Call up the big 4, wait until the trade deadline for Bradley and only call him up if we deal Santana.

Agreed.

TINSTAAPP, so look if there's a potential five-tool bat available. College preferred, but HS works too.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Where do you go to see the players in the draft? Tried looking around the site but couldn't find anything.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Eh, I'd keep FTJ down until next year unless we have no other options. I'd also hold onto Eovoldi unless we get offered a top 25 in all MLB pitching prospect type. Trade the rest though, yeah.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

B but targeting the following season as the opening of the window -- don't be afraid to drop some cash on stars with a few years of control at the right price this offseason. Let Diekman go.

This. Probably want to wait to bring up FTJ until he's a super two, but call him up after that. If we look good at the ASB we can reassess, but there's no reason to go into full trying to win mode to start the next season.

Also Keep the current coaching staff and manager. Maybe we punt them next year if guys take a step back but for now I don't see any reason to shake things up considering we accomplished our goal.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Agree we should get Paxton. With him and Cole heading up the rotation we might actually be... good?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

bewbies posted:

2019 Season

We are predicted to finish first in the West, with a 104-58 record. This...was not expected. By anyone. Including me.

and that's without FTJ factored in. :getin:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Get Lewis.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
:lol: we turned the Padres into a 100 win team in one year.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Stick with C for now, unless ownership gives us some actual money to throw around.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
A

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I'd be very interested in seeing what extensions FTJ and Reynolds in particular would be willing to accept.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Lose whoever it takes whenever it takes to make the money work for Meija, even if we're poor $5m is way too low to get worked up about for a great catcher.

This. Mejia is a franchise cornerstone. We keep him as much as humanly possible.

What kind of offers could we get for Cole? Sucks to lose a top of the rotation guy, but the rest of the rotation is still nails and our top pitching prospect is doing well enough in AAA right now that I think he could slot in without blowing up.

e. Assuming Espinoza is a starter, of course. The site is loving up and directing me to a completely different player when I click on his name so I don't know what his stamina is.

double e. Wait how long have we had Tebow in the minors?!

Sydin fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Oct 12, 2018

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

iospace posted:

Where's the link for this? I'm not seeing it.

Here.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
lmao at Trout being woth 7.1 WAR at the ASB.

bewbies posted:

Bryce harper meanwhile has settled fairly nicely into the realm of "alright, i guess"

http://www.cowace2.com/OOTP/OOTP/players/player_30058.html

The OBP is a touch low but otherwise that's basically who Harper has been this year.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Ugh, those are some fantastic prospects but I was hoping we could get an arm back for him. Our OF is also currently stacked with three four-star young guys who are putting up insane numbers, so I'm not sure how Velazquez fits into the picture. Lugo definitely looks like an upgrade over Urias though. And yeah I'm really not thrilled about handing Cole off to the Cubs when we're on a crash course in the playoffs.

I know I'm the one who said to shop him, but Hold Cole. Maybe we can deal him in the offseason for a quality arm.

Trade Cordoba, he's not exactly setting the world on fire and it will at least give us some salary relief.

e. Also I'm betting that with Cole we have a better shot at a ring - or at least a deeper playoff run - and our cheapass owner will give us some more table scraps.

Sydin fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 12, 2018

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Yeah no loving way. He's already 33 to boot and I'm going to wager he won't be putting up a sub 1 ERA come his age 40 season.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

IcePhoenix posted:

Fire Green for putting Matton in to blow TWO CONSECUTIVE GAMES (I had to double check when I looked at game seven because he did the exact same thing in game six) instead of using Wilson in at least game seven (game six has deniability since he pitched three innings in game 5). Replace him with that Chubb fells, we've been doing a pretty decent job with our youthful coaching gambles, may as well keep going back to the well!

This. Also shop Cole and see what we can get.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Do it.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Any way we could get Wilson on a cheaper deal prior to the QO? What's he asking for? I know his extension ask was absurd but is there any shot we could get him on a reasonable 2-3 year deal and then try to shop him if need be?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

rickiep00h posted:

Make both moves

go for BLAZE

:yeah:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
We lost the series because Dylan Cozens had a 2 HR game to put the Cards ahead in Game 4. :suicide:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
1. C: Trade Urias for prospects. Let Lugo and Matheny fight for his spot in ST unless one is a clearly better option for some reason.
2. Non-tender Bradley. Sucks but he's cooked.
3. Plan to start Naylor at 1B... for now. Give BLAZE a look in ST. If he's absolutely killing it, start his season in AAA to make sure it's legit and call him up once he's Super Two if he is. If he struggles, then we let him marinate for another year and look for a potential in-season trade that could bring back a rental 1B as needed.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

:same:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Last year we lost the DS because we traded away Cozens.

This year we won the CS because we traded away Cole. :getin:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
That game 2 :negative:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
gently caress

THE

YANKEES

👏