Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
1.) Padres. Least guaranteed money and some pieces they could convert into major league talent either through call-ups or trade. It's possible they're sub-.500 even if they(we) went all-in for 2019, but it'd be interesting to find out!

2.) Angels. Simultaneously better but also worse. They have Trout, Ohtani, and Simmons, but desperately need healthy pitching which is probably impossible to achieve, and they've got maybe one signing to play with and everything else would be a clutch of lotto tickets. I'm not an expert tho. Also no farm. Probably less moves to nitpick over when it comes to solving their problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Prospects
Hitting
Bullpen
Depth
Power & Defense
Velocity
Tactical
Scouting Director

Or as I call it, PHBDPDVTSD assuming I don't make more brain mistakes

E: I was going to say waivers since that's an undervalued avenue, but that'd be a waste of our amazing Scouting Director

New Concept Hole fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Oct 5, 2018

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

IcePhoenix posted:

To save money and reward being good, I think we should Promote Burkhart and then Hire Treanor to the minors.

:agreed:

Also Trade Hosmer for Chatwood just for the salary relief imo

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
I vote get Yuli, then pursue Cagolla with a slightly backloaded contract to fit him on the payroll.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Playing for the Padres is its own form of punishment

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Speaking of simulated team dumbness, the Giants' outfield is Seth Smith, Colby Rasmus, and Adam Jones. :wtf: This is stupid enough that it might be true come Spring Training 2019

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Julio Cruz posted:

Call up the big 4, wait until the trade deadline for Bradley and only call him up if we deal Santana.

Also: A hitter should be first round imo.

There's a shortstop named Drew Bowser in the draft that's probably regretting his name right now

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Sydin posted:

Where do you go to see the players in the draft? Tried looking around the site but couldn't find anything.

I think it's the "Rookie Draft Pool B/P" on this page I think http://www.cowace2.com/OOTP/OOTP/leagues/league_146_home.html

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I consider the Padres not being in last place a huge victory :toot:

:same:

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

rickiep00h posted:

Cole

I like Sale's numbers, but Cole's arm has ~500 fewer innings on it. Sale also apparently turned into a pumpkin in 2019.

Whit

Seems like a good pick-up, especially if he keeps producing AND if he comes with some bonus guys. I'm not keen on Urias, but I'm also not keen on trading him straight up in this case. I'd still like to give him some time to get his hitting up to snuff.

Paxton

All for it; definitely if Cole falls through and/or Whit maybe falls through. If we can somehow land all three, I think we go from fringe WC contender to definite WC contender, but I'm not sure we beat the Dodgers. Another year on top of that, though, and I'm suddenly very happy.

LA TORTUGA

GIVE THIS MAN A CONTRACT

:yeah:

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

bewbies posted:

We are predicted to finish first in the West, with a 104-58 record. This...was not expected. By anyone. Including me.

:eyepop:

Although it makes sense when you look at that proj. offense + depth.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
We got this far by selling, so I believe in trusting the process by continuing to sell.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Val Helmethead posted:

B - Extend Our Starting Pitching

Specifically Baez and Quantril.

Buy out those arbitration years on the guys that are going to be our #3 and #4 for years to come! Who knows, they might even be our aces at some point.

One second after signing, they both remove masks, revealing themselves to both be Homer Bailey

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
:yeah:

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Sydin posted:

1. C: Trade Urias for prospects. Let Lugo and Matheny fight for his spot in ST unless one is a clearly better option for some reason.
2. Non-tender Bradley. Sucks but he's cooked.
3. Plan to start Naylor at 1B... for now. Give BLAZE a look in ST. If he's absolutely killing it, start his season in AAA to make sure it's legit and call him up once he's Super Two if he is. If he struggles, then we let him marinate for another year and look for a potential in-season trade that could bring back a rental 1B as needed.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
:pcgaming: It's happening!

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
"The tattered remains of Giancarlo Stanton"

So Giancarlo Stanton? :razz:

Also that NYY team is a collective year older than the 2018 Giants. The Yankees should be charged with grave robbing within the simulation.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Sydin posted:

Our Padres team would get some pretty sweet hate from the N/V thread if it really existed: abuse service time like no team before for almost our entire roster, blow up a young WS-winning team to save a few pennies, then raise ticket prices. :v:

We were the real Jeff Loria all along.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
They should support restructurings that will actually happen, like the death of baseball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Looking forward to the coverage!

"Dick Lovelady Penetrates the Roster"

"Dick Untouchable In Debut"

"Hot Dick Lifts Padres"

• Locked thread