Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
In on the 1 Padres 2 Angels bandwagon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Man I forgot we'd be dealing with that terrible Hosmer contract. Anyway:

My votes are for Prospects, Pitching, Starting pitching, Starters, Patience and Speed, Velocity, Tactical, Scouting Director.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Sydin posted:

Our rotation needs a boost, do this.

Also Bartolo hit his lone home run in PetCo so clearly that's where the magic is :colbert:

e. Oh yeah and Sign Astudillo.

Sign Bartolo and rename the Western Metal building to Bartolo's Bombing Range.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
How much can we backload that Salinas contract? If we can give him maybe $10m over the first 3 years then after that we could be in a position to either build around him or flip him.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

New Concept Hole posted:

I vote get Yuli, then pursue Cagolla with a slightly backloaded contract to fit him on the payroll.

This. Yuli's salary isn't going to make a huge difference in a season we're not going to compete, but getting Myers off the books is great for seasons where we potentially might be.

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Oct 6, 2018

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I'd rather get Morton with that $7M if possible, but if not then Britton and Miller are both good pickups for bullpen depth and/or deadline deals.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Keep everyone down until Super 2, you don’t build a dynasty by being nice to your players :colbert:

e: unless OotP tracks player happiness and your team will play like poo poo if they hate you

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

bewbies posted:

Yep sure did. Mets gonna met.

We have a lot of power at the first bag now.

I know they're high on Peter Alonso right now, but yeesh. I assume we can't get a look at their 40-man as of the draft to see who they protected instead?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

They got rid of Alonso too? :wtc: even in a simulation the Mets are run by morons.

e: oh for some reason he just doesn't exist in the game

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Oct 6, 2018

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Call up the big 4, wait until the trade deadline for Bradley and only call him up if we deal Santana. Draft whoever Pete Ward likes the look of most.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Get Paxton if we can do it without giving up anyone on the 40-man.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Filling our biggest gap in return for 3 months of a starter seems like a steal.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Keep Cordoba, if Lewis is bad/injured then our only other SS option is Estrada, who is pretty bad. See if you can pick up rotation depth or a good bullpen arm for Cozens or Beer.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Looking at the roster and seeing ~75% of it on league minimum warms my heart.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
It depends on the returns, but all else being equal I'd say get rid of Cordoba.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

what's his current deal

should we shop him

Expires at the end of this season but we have 2 option years. I'm thinking we pick one of those up then shop him around, it's not like we don't have other elite RPs who could fill in at closer.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Hell yeah. So that's Cole gone, Lucchesi up to #5 and Albertos into the bullpen? Extend Mejia, and also Reynolds if we can afford it.

e: also what does the closer market look like? I'd be down with extending a QO to Wilson but only if we can be 100% sure he'll get a better offer from someone else.

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Oct 14, 2018

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
No point getting rid of Cole to dump his salary and then immediately giving 80% of that cash to a reliever.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I'd be very annoyed if we offer him a QO and he accepts. Having a reliever be your highest-paid player (and by a long, long way) is literally never a good idea now matter how good he is.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Thirded, unless we can get C-Mart for not much more (and his option is team not player).

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I think bewbies is talking about his S-tier nickname.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
As always, Bartolo is the exception that proves the rule.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Trade Urias and play bring Blaze up to play 1B unless he has a terrible spring.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

bewbies posted:

Also Royce Lewis to the DL AGAIN for 6 weeks. He's the best SS in the game but gently caress if he can't stay on the drat field.

The spirit of Troy Tulowitzki lives on.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

bewbies posted:

All stars were Gore, Feltman, Munoz, Booh, Mejia, Mallner, Lugo, FTJ, Nagamatsu, Reynolds, and Beer.

:stwoon:

Is 11 all-stars from the same team a record?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Wallner broke the Padres franchise single-season records for HRs, RBI, runs, slugging, XBH, total bases, and OPS. Gore broke the record for Ks.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
"well the two Florida teams are both doing great with attendance so why don't we start a third" - the geniuses of MLB

e: ^^

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
How do the leagues/divisions look now with 32 teams?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

bewbies posted:

Both expansion teams went in the east- Jacksonville in the NL east, SA in the AL east. Makes sense.

Half the SA team came from the Padres.

...what? That makes SA, an AL East team, further west than the Astros, an AL West team.

e: unless there's another San Antonio that I've never heard of

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Trade Velasquez and extend Wallner. Extend Jordan too unless there's enough 1B talent around that we could get most of his production at a much cheaper price. Get Verlander if we can get him on a reasonably cheap incentives-heavy deal.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
What's Wallner's defense looking like? We might be wanting him at 1B sooner or later if only to minimise the risk of him getting injured in the OF.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

bewbies posted:

Wallner updates: (spoilered)

8/1/2025: He went on a bit of a tear after the ASB, with 9 HRs in 14 games. He sits at 53 on the year, on pace for 84.

8/11/2025: The big homer bat has gone ice cold, only 1 dinger in the last 8 games. 55 on the year, 80 pace.

8/31/2025: A nice tear to end August, with 8 dingers in 13 games, including a 4 game streak. 64 on the year, 80 pace.

:stwoon:

Good thing we got that extension done already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Sucks that Zack Hample (I presume) got the ball though.

• Locked thread