Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Vermes sure knows how to make subs, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
I don't know who ever thought Jose Aja and Aaron Maund were servicable players but, well, :wrong:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Bio-Hazard posted:

The ultimate sore winner, can't be happy with just 3 points, gotta have all the calls in the game too.

Well pardon loving me then for wanting to see this be correctly whistled for offside. I sure am a piece of a poo poo.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

whypick1 posted:

Well pardon loving me then for wanting to see this be correctly whistled for offside. I sure am a piece of a poo poo.

:wtc:

Good thing MLS has VAR :shepface:

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

lol, new england

e; extra lol

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

also irt orlando offside

https://twitter.com/OffsideModeling/status/1053056848012677126

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

TwoStepBoog posted:

lol, new england

e; extra lol

I, for one, am glad to learn that winning yesterday would have made effectively zero difference to my team's playoff chances because YIKES RSL.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Some raging autist actually took the time to do this, fucks sake. Disband MLS, burn it to the ground.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

Some raging autist actually took the time to do this, fucks sake. Disband MLS, burn it to the ground.

normal reaction for a dude putzing around on the computer for 20 minutes

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

:toot:

It's gameday, mother fuckers.

Everyone except New England play today.
Atlanta v Chicago, Minnesota v LA Galaxy will be on ESPN at 3pm EST and 5pm EST respectively.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Those are really odd choices for the national broadcasts. I'm guessing Minn/LAG is for the Zlatan factor (not to mention there will probably be 4+ goals in this game), but why not NYRB/Philly or DC/NYC for the early slot? Atlanta/Chicago doesn't really have anything at stake since Chicago is out and Atlanta can only get the shield today if NYRB drop points.

Anywho, here's all the clinching/elimination scenarios for today.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Oct 21, 2018

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

whypick1 posted:

Those are really odd choices for the national broadcasts. I'm guessing Minn/LAG is for the Zlatan factor (not to mention there will probably be 4+ goals in this game), but why not NYRB/Philly or DC/NYC for the early slot? Atlanta/Chicago doesn't really have anything at stake since Chicago is out and Atlanta can only get the shield today if NYRB drop points.

This makes me happy because LA games are blacked out for me otherwise.

Gonna be a lot of soccer today. Better start with that ESPN+ Serie A coverage.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

God help me I'm excited to go to Audi field and watch fat old Wayne Rooney kick a drat ball

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

whypick1 posted:

The only thing that makes sense about the first game is that ESPN wants the 70k crowd to show on TV to try and compete with the NFL viewers.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

That makes sense.

DC almost scored a rather comical goal, but it was quite offside.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

And now they've scored a legit goal.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

it is crazy how bad NYC has been since Torrent took over

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Remember when they were challenging Atlanta and NYRB for the shield?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The showed a replay, and that absolutely should have been a handball and penalty against Atlanta earlier. His arm was raised straight up in the air, but I guess the VAR ref didn't want to review it?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

binge crotching posted:

The showed a replay, and that absolutely should have been a handball and penalty against Atlanta earlier. His arm was raised straight up in the air, but I guess the VAR ref didn't want to review it?

When this happens it's usually because the centre ref is being stubborn and doesn't want to go over to look at it/isn't convinced by what they hear from the VAR booth. VAR is always watching but the centre has a veto at every step which is why stuff that looks like it should be reviewed sometimes isn't.

I may be the only person outside the Acela corridor watching Philadelphia-NYRB as my early game (it hit the sweet spot of interesting in seeding terms AND being an even game) and, predictably, it's one of those halftime 0-0s where you can't understand HOW it stayed 0-0. Lots of chances and, weirdly enough, going into the half it seemed like Philadelphia were getting the most of them.

(I also can't understand how nobody got red-carded at the end of the first half but that part is probably for the best.)

I know everyone thinks DC is going to be the dark horse pick in the East but the Union have somehow become a decent team even more quietly than DCU did.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Kinda hard for DC's improvement have been done quietly when it involved "finally get to play in their brand new stadium" and "signed Wayne Rooney"

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Sporting KC starting with a front three of Salloi, Shelton, Russell.
The front three they had while they were arguably in their best form.

https://twitter.com/SportingKC/status/1054104000742723585

It'll be an interesting game.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Big fan of VAR looking at stuff on the complete other end of the pitch

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

VAR is good.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Of all the places I could get to watch a PRO ref utterly incense the entire stadium (though honestly I agree with most of those calls), I'm glad it was Philadelphia.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

that's a bold move

https://twitter.com/turneresq/status/1054102487496445952

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Score a goal Chicago.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

lol Columbus

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

TwoStepBoog posted:

lol Columbus

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Shrapnig posted:

Score a goal Chicago.

They did score more goals that game, but you forgot to specify which net to score in.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

TwoStepBoog posted:

lol Columbus

Orlando doesn't deserve it because of that code Karma for that code

Just remembered that during the Seattle game their code was "SILENCETHESOUND"...they were down 2-0 at the time.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Oct 21, 2018

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

whypick1 posted:

Karma for that code

Just remembered that during the Seattle game their code was "SILENCETHESOUND"...they were down 2-0 at the time.

One would think karma would work in the opposite direction?

Also I was not expecting the Impact-TFC result to be relevant but Columbus' faceplant combined with Montreal's win means that Montreal can still make the playoffs if they win (@ NE) and Columbus draws or loses (vs MNU).

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Dallan Invictus posted:

One would think karma would work in the opposite direction?

:downs:

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Ilie should have put that in.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Not a big fan of these past 10 minutes from Seattle

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Air Marshall!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

whypick1 posted:

Air Marshall!

Looking nervy but I dig the scoreline so far.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Salloi with a goal very against the run of play. Tempers running high, too. Espinoza with a yellow and Russell getting pissed right before half. 2nd half gonna be interesting.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

We're set-piecing Houston to death? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
GOOSE :honked:

• Locked thread