Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who wins
This poll is closed.
Khabib 63 43.15%
Conor 24 16.44%
The fans 59 40.41%
Total: 146 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I want a picture of Dillon Danis getting kicked by Khabib on my wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

Gay Horney posted:

There's another angle that shows the guy Conor swung on was rushing him looking like he was gonna take a swing so I guess he really didn't do anything wrong

I agree with that, but that wasn't where it started. Look at the video of McGregor on top of the cage, before that happened.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Yeah, Connor definitely started all of the poo poo that happened in the ring.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Have we seen the cards yet? Wanna know if Khabib has still never lost a round

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Looks like Conor tried to slap the hat out of the guy's hand he wasn't in hitting range and then he got hit with a hat for his efforts. Melee to ensue.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Gay Horney posted:

Have we seen the cards yet? Wanna know if Khabib has still never lost a round

There's a chance he lost 3 but unlikely. I think round 2 was a 10-8.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Artem:Smacked
Conor:Tapped
Danis:Up forward B kicked

It seems like a sure fire way to get your poo poo pushed in is to talk poo poo to Khabib. What a loving gangster

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
He lost round 3

https://twitter.com/HeidiFang/status/1048805947550756864

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

coner wouldve won if he didnt get hit from behind

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Some quick gifs from tonight

Lewis breaking Drago

Conor being dropped

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mewse posted:

1) the guy was absolutely rushing at Conor and Conor was justified in defending himself, that’s why the athletic commission allowed his purse to be paid out

2) Conor is still a piece of poo poo and I wish the minimal punishment available on khabib and crew

The guy was sitting on the fence yelling at Khabib/McGregor's team when Conor threw a punch at him.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I didn't watch the fight and I don't care about the post-fight pandemonium but lol @ anyone who bet against the undefeated Russian Muslim from the Caucasus. That guy could punch a T-72 tank out of commission.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Can anyone explain why people root for McGregor because he seems to lose every fight he's in.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
lol He's lost one fight in the UFC prior to this. And his last loss before that was in like 2010.

EDIT - Oh, you're probably including the Mayweather fight. If that's the case then double lol.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Can anyone explain why people root for McGregor because he seems to lose every fight he's in.

This is an insanely myopic take by someone who somehow watches less fights than I do.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Whelp I woke up ready to put the main event on but had a quick look on Facebook first and literally the first thing I saw was a 1 minute old post spoiling the result :downsgun:

Cool fight though

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

:laffo:

He's 9-2 in MMA over the past 5 years. One of those loses he avenged.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't think I'd say Conor won round 3 but it was close. Not getting utterly demolished like in rounds 1,2 and 4 doesn't mean you get round 3 out of sympathy.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I don't think I'd say Conor won round 3 but it was close. Not getting utterly demolished like in rounds 1,2 and 4 doesn't mean you get round 3 out of sympathy.
round 3 was much closer but conor was moving towards khabib for most of it, so he'd get the edge.

jediguy
Apr 19, 2002

loving hell getting dropped by Khabib’s striking has got to hurt the ego

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Lmao khabib owns, Conor sucks, Joe Rogan sucks, Dana white sucks.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Holy poo poo the stakes have been raised

https://twitter.com/themmabible/status/1048819416782258176?s=21

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
I thought someone said that was an old video?

Conors tweeted he's looking forward to the rematch

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ferguson vs. Pettis absolutely ruled, goddamn.

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

seems like a smart way to end up dead and all they find is your severed feet/hands

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Frankston posted:

Whelp I woke up ready to put the main event on but had a quick look on Facebook

You played yourself!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sound posted:

seems like a smart way to end up dead and all they find is your severed feet/hands

With all the underage women he's pursuing/grooming lately, literal Russian mobs are going to have to go to the back of a long line if they want to come for Drake's head

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

willie_dee posted:

I thought someone said that was an old video?

No Drake is prowling the streets of Vegas right now looking for Khabib and his team

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

From a friend who was cage side: "Dillon kept talking poo poo right after Khabib just tapped Conor. Khabib said something like shut your mouth and Dillon said something like make me. And that's when Khabib jumped over"

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

JaySB posted:

From a friend who was cage side: "Dillon kept talking poo poo right after Khabib just tapped Conor. Khabib said something like shut your mouth and Dillon said something like make me. And that's when Khabib jumped over"

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Conor WWE bound in 5..4..3..2..

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I absolutely want a rematch because watching Conor get beaten to death by an angry and not tired in the slightest Russian man is extremely fun and good and I could easily watch an entire full 5 rounds of the same again, right now.

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

empty whippet box posted:

I absolutely want a rematch because watching Conor get beaten to death by an angry and not tired in the slightest Russian man is extremely fun and good and I could easily watch an entire full 5 rounds of the same again, right now.

ACKSHUALLY being smashed repeatedly full blast to the face was all part of his strategy to tire khabib out and it was working! - dominic cruz

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

“Hello inhuman Muslim satellite subject, this is Vladimir Putin. Congratulations on winning and we will burn down your town in your honor.”

mewse
May 2, 2006

Book the rematch in Russia and watch conor get disappeared before the event can even happen

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

jediguy posted:

loving hell getting dropped by Khabib’s striking has got to hurt the ego

Definitely an “oh poo poo” moment for Conor. Khabib wasn’t affected at all by the shots he took and by the third round was standing in front of Conor. I’m not sure what Conor does for a rematch other than pray since it seems like he doesn’t even have a puncher’s chance.

Sound posted:

ACKSHUALLY being smashed repeatedly full blast to the face was all part of his strategy to tire khabib out and it was working! - dominic cruz

I was surprised Joe was being the reasonable one and Cruz was floating the 4D chess strategy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I don't think Conor is going to get a rematch.

Also just :lol: at how bad GSP would have beat the gently caress out of McGregor if they ever fought.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I'm pretty sure Khabib is gonna be out for a while and most likely stripped because of it. Tony vs winner of Dustin/Nate for a title sounds good to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

UFC 229 - Hot Balls and Post-Fight Brawls

Scrapez fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Oct 7, 2018