Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

I guess at least no one is defending him for this bullshit since the players were able to tell him to go away?

Also that guy's apparently a personal injury lawyer so....why would anyone ever hire him after that?

They were talking about it on the Shutdown Fullcast and said that's exactly the kind of bullshit a personal injury attorney would say. Like "Oh the kid didn't drink his water, therefore, we should reduce the settlement in this death lawsuit by 25% because he was 25% responsible for his own death by not hydrating."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

How fast would we expand to 8 if something dumb like this happened

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

KKKLIP ART posted:

How fast would we expand to 8 if something dumb like this happened

I'm down with 3 SEC teams in the playoff for this reason alone.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/maverick2280/status/1050566013408948224

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
1 loss Big XII team gets in over a 2 loss other team. Anything else depends on how the season plays out. #ExpandThePlayoffs #5Champions #1G5 #2AtLarge

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

gently caress it, we're goin in dry

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

vyst posted:

I'm not sure I've ever seen victim blaming when it comes to sports deaths.

Not as extreme but every time there is a rhabdo incident you will get a bunch of meathead idiots blaming the players for not being tough enough or prepared for a difficult workout.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Grittybeard posted:

I guess at least no one is defending him for this bullshit since the players were able to tell him to go away?

Also that guy's apparently a personal injury lawyer so....why would anyone ever hire him after that?

"Wow, if that guy takes my case, people will have to believe I'm a REAL victim!"

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Someone on reddit said that if UGA/LSU was the gameday game this week, this would be their sign, and it is a glorious sign indeed:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I've never had Raising Cane's. We only had Zaxby's at UF. I'm a little envious

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I'm not a huge fan of chicken tenders but Cane's is pretty dang good

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Guthrie's is supreme, but there are so few of them. Canes is real good tho. It's hard to gently caress up a chicken finger place with tangy sauce.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

Someone on reddit said that if UGA/LSU was the gameday game this week, this would be their sign, and it is a glorious sign indeed:

Guthrie's on Baxter Street was the GOAT back in my day.

/36 in November :smith:

e: I've always been curious about this place when driving to Gulf Shores.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Look at you scrubs not patronizing your local chicken establishments.

(I only have Chick-fil-A and Popeyes for chains)

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

There’s a Laynes and Canes right next to each other in College Station and it leads to endless debates on which is better. (It’s Canes)

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

George H.W. oval office posted:

There’s a Laynes and Canes right next to each other in College Station and it leads to endless debates on which is better. (It’s Canes)

As someone reading this from Laynes waiting for my lunch gently caress you

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Cane's is out here now and I didn't think the chicken strips are anything all that special the couple times I tried it. Also the drive through got super backed up and caused a goddamn traffic jam every day for like a month when it opened and I'm still mad at them for that. I'd much rather have popeyes even thoug the closest one is quite a bit farther from my house

MourningView fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Oct 12, 2018

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

MourningView posted:

Cane's is out here now and I didn't think the chicken strips are anything all that special the couple times I tried it. Also the drive through got super backed up and caused a goddamn traffic jam every day for like a month when it opened and I'm still mad at them for that. I'd much rather have popeyes even thoug the closest one is quite a bit farther from my house

I think Cane's suffers a lot if you take it to go, that stuff is always so hot it'll steam itself soggy by time you eat it. The in store experience is better, but it's still all about that sauce which unlike Zaxby's they make at each store instead of getting in pre packaged things. Dunno if that's part of it (the chicken itself is fine at Cane's but i'll agree nothing that special) but it can be much better if you don't get it to go and it stays crunchy.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I think Cane's suffers a lot if you take it to go, that stuff is always so hot it'll steam itself soggy by time you eat it. The in store experience is better, but it's still all about that sauce which unlike Zaxby's they make at each store instead of getting in pre packaged things. Dunno if that's part of it (the chicken itself is fine at Cane's but i'll agree nothing that special) but it can be much better if you don't get it to go and it stays crunchy.

See mine were pretty soggy even in the store. Everything except the chicken was pretty good though

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Cane's chicken is nothing special and can be a bit soggy (which is probably due to getting it to go most often), but for me it's all about the sauce. I always substitute the cole slaw for an extra sauce.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I will say popeyes is the best full stop. Little bit of you sauce and honey, hell yea

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

KKKLIP ART posted:

I will say popeyes is the best full stop. Little bit of you sauce and honey, hell yea

Popeyes biscuits are fuckin legit

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Y'all are dumb - Texas is going to lose like 2 more games at least - I'll say Tech and WVU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

MourningView posted:

See mine were pretty soggy even in the store. Everything except the chicken was pretty good though

That's just unfortunate then, although store to store I have found the crispy crunch factor can change. No helping that.

Texas is not running the table.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

WVU is this years Truth(™) and Texas will not win

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Im pretty sure during freshman year in Athens i gained 20 pounds exclusively on raisin canes and five guys, since they were within walking distance from my dorm

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

in football news,

some of our freshman WRs are going to get more burn because apparently most of our guys are hurt. That FSU kicker seriously hurt Jeff Thomas (facemasked him hard enough to hyperextend his knee), but he might need to play due to injuries. Langham supposedly has a broken ankle, Richards is now retired, and Hightower has plantar fasciitis).

It's a good thing we're deep in the position, but still it's gonna suck.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Facebook reminds me that on this date in history, Mizzou just scored on UGA again.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

And at one point some insane person opened a third chicken finger restaurant immediately adjacent to those two, creating what could reasonably be described as a chicken finger district. It didn’t last very long.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Sab0921 posted:

Y'all are dumb - Texas is going to lose like 2 more games at least - I'll say Tech and WVU

I never meant to imply that Texas will win out, only that if they won out they'd have a pretty good shot on making the playoffs depending on whatever wacky losses exist in the SEC. Texas is much better this year than I thought they would be, but I don't think they'll have enough consistency to win out.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Thermos H Christ posted:

And at one point some insane person opened a third chicken finger restaurant immediately adjacent to those two, creating what could reasonably be described as a chicken finger district. It didn’t last very long.

I completely forgot about that one. It went through two iterations before finally shuttering. What a goofy time.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Thermos H Christ posted:

Chicken fingers own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izedStatTKA

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
Such a chicken district existed in Columbus, OH. We always called it "5th and chicken"

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

How are you guys posting about fast food chicken and this has gone unposted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYIUuyoSVAs

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

wa27 posted:

How are you guys posting about fast food chicken and this has gone unposted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYIUuyoSVAs

Chick Fil A not purchasing this footage and turning it into an ad had to be the dumbest marketing move of the century

Seriously just fade to the logo on a red background towards the end while the audio kept playing and you've got a drat fine ad, it's even almost exactly a minute long

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Oh also anyone who goes to either of those places instead of Fuego is just wrong, even if they're wanting chicken specifically. I'm genuinely annoyed that College Station, Waco, and San Marcos have Fuego while Austin has none.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sab0921 posted:

You are half right. We will lose at least 2 more, but it's impossible to say which ones

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

There's still time to mock FSU for blowing a 20 point lead.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Thermos H Christ posted:

Oh also anyone who goes to either of those places instead of Fuego is just wrong, even if they're wanting chicken specifically. I'm genuinely annoyed that College Station, Waco, and San Marcos have Fuego while Austin has none.

I mean - it's all just fast food and not that different from some solid Mc"D's nuggets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

Facebook reminds me that on this date in history, Mizzou just scored on UGA again.

Always excellent advice.

• Locked thread