Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LeeMajors posted:

I love it that Bama is going to average like 58ppg on offense and it's going to drive Saban insane that they gave up 31 to Arky.

Saban is gonna leave the NCG trophy on the bench after the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
It stinks that all the Dolphins fans in this forum root for UF or FSU. I was hoping to read a fun gameday post after I got home yesterday but the FSU fans all disappeared and nobody cares about Miami.

Also whoever thinks UF/FSU rivalry is better than FSU/Miami is out of their gourd. Canes Noles games are almost always dramatic close games with higher stakes (at least when all teams involved were good).

It would have been nice if we hadn’t fallen behind 3 scores at home to a team I think is pretty bad, but I’ll take the W.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
How did VT get back into the rankings after losing to Old Dominion?

It was like 2 weeks ago!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

PostNouveau posted:

How did VT get back into the rankings after losing to Old Dominion?

It was like 2 weeks ago!

They never fell out of them

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

:lol:

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

So does Texas hop into the top 10

Auburn, LSU, and OU lost, I don't know what they'll do with UCF.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Still in absolute awe that Michael Scarnecchia, who came into the Missouri game with 13 passing attempts EVER, went 20-of-35 for 249 yards, three touchdowns, no interceptions, and outplayed Drew Lock by a pretty solid margin. Throw in our lovely kicker having a perfect day and making a game-winner and nothing about yesterday makes any sense. We've so, so rarely had that "Wait, the backup is GOOD??" moment when our starter goes down, but we've certainly had to watch plenty of other teams' backups tear us apart over the years. It's a weird but amazing feeling to try wrapping your head around.

I'm sorry, Mizzou bros. You guys are cool, and I knew by the third quarter that whoever lost this game would be absolutely sick about it. I love how entertaining and bizarre this series has been -- definitely an underrated SEC matchup that more people should pay attention to.

RumbleFish fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Oct 7, 2018

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

RumbleFish posted:

Still in absolute awe that Michael Scarnecchia, who came into the Missouri game with 13 passing attempts EVER, went 20-of-35 for 249 yards, three touchdowns, no interceptions, and outplayed Drew Lock by a pretty solid margin. Throw in our lovely kicker having a perfect day and making a game-winner and nothing about yesterday makes any sense. We've literally never had that "Wait, the backup is GOOD??" moment when our starter goes down, but we've certainly had to watch plenty of other teams' backups tear us apart over the years. It's a weird but amazing feeling to try wrapping your head around.

I'm sorry, Mizzou bros. You guys are cool, and I knew by the third quarter that whoever lost this game would be absolutely sick about it. I love how entertaining and bizarre this series has been -- definitely an underrated SEC matchup that more people should pay attention to.

Throw in the fact that it was literally the hardest rain I've ever seen in Columbia since that crazy poo poo a few years ago and Hugo... that was a quality performance.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

buddhanc posted:

Auburn, LSU, and OU lost, I don't know what they'll do with UCF.

They'll do whatever keeps UCF at arms' length from the playoffs. So a few teams in front of UCF lost, and that just means UCF will probably get jumped by a few teams.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

MourningView posted:

I think only in the Coaches Poll was that true. They fell out of AP, but the next week they beat Duke (22) and then almost everyone else 19-25 lost that weekend as well. Still could've arguably held them out of the top 25 at that point, but it's not surprising they would float up to 24 to make sure the primetime game looks more attractive.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Shappa posted:

Upon extensive review, Jarrett Stidham is rear end.

Auburn gave that game away tonight and now they have nothing left in their season besides getting boat raced by Georgia and Alabama.

Stidham woulda been a heisman guy if he had come to Tech like he was supposed to.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Does UCF make it to the playoffs this season if they go undefeated?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DrunkPanda posted:

Does UCF make it to the playoffs this season if they go undefeated?

lol no. They were 12th in the final playoff ranking last year. They're gonna hit them with the same schedule arguments they got last year, and last year the AAC as a whole was probably better

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i just discovered cincinatti is undefeated

huh.

i actually think an undefeated ucf would have a chance this year but only if some teams currently infront of them take at least 1 and maybe 2 losses. Notre Dame is a problem for them.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

UCF's SOS sitting at a cool triple digits right now. If they run the table, Cincy will be their best win. Yeah, the Pac-12 and Big-12 are eating themselves alive, and I don't think UGA's going to end up being undefeated by the time they get their rear end kicked by Bama, but Notre Dame isn't losing, so

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

RumbleFish posted:

Completely agree. This series has had city mayors talking smack via satellite, then-backup Connor Shaw coming in and dominating, the *CLANK* in 2OT of that 2013 game handing us our first defeat of the season the final week of October. Last year Deebo Samuel just going nuts and teams falling apart. It's been entertaining for sure.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

The CFP's contractual obligation with the G5 is setting up one team in one of the non-playoff bowls, that is it. The playoff field can expand to whatever number and there's nothing saying the G5 have to be considered for any of those playoff spots.

Not sure what else the G5 can do other than demand representation on the committee with leverage they don't currently have, go back to some kind of poll composite with computer polls like the BCS, or just not participate in the CFP entirely (ESPN's preferred solution).

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
If you don't think a group of five playoff would be loving lit you don't deserve the sport

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

TheBizzness posted:

It stinks that all the Dolphins fans in this forum root for UF or FSU. I was hoping to read a fun gameday post after I got home yesterday but the FSU fans all disappeared and nobody cares about Miami.

Also whoever thinks UF/FSU rivalry is better than FSU/Miami is out of their gourd. Canes Noles games are almost always dramatic close games with higher stakes (at least when all teams involved were good).

It would have been nice if we hadn’t fallen behind 3 scores at home to a team I think is pretty bad, but I’ll take the W.

I'm a canes phins fan, but I had to sell my tickets because I'm in Dallas for a wedding. I lost reception to the radio while we were down 3 scores and got real confused later.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Raku posted:

If you don't think a group of five playoff would be loving lit you don't deserve the sport

Nobody watches the FCS playoffs, nobody would watch the G5 playoffs.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/BrianMacWriter/status/1046532011509329920

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Some Maryland players got a booster who trashed their dead teammate kicked off the Michigan trip

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Scarf posted:

Saban is gonna leave the NCG trophy on the bench after the game

They have a defense worse than Aggie, Auburn, North Texas, and Colorado State.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

the texas football playing longhorns are #9 in the country

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Full AP Poll

1. Alabama
2. Georgia
3. Ohio State
4. Clemson
5. Notre Dame
6. West Virginia
7. Washington
8. Penn State
9. Texas
10. Central Florida
11. Oklahoma
12. Michigan
13. LSU
14. Florida
15. Wisconsin
16. Miami (FL)
17. Oregon
18. Kentucky
19. Colorado
20. North Carolina State
21. Auburn
22. Texas A&M
23. South Florida
24. Mississippi State
25. Cincinnati

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Texas is back y’all

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

TheBizzness posted:

When I tuned in during the fourth and saw such a change had happened, I went back a few pages expecting some posts about and yeah it was really weird how there weren't any. Especially since there used to be like a million Miami fans here.

Korranus posted:

You are probably right. But I could see a network paying quite a bit for the rights to show it, at least initially.

Rick fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Oct 8, 2018

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Wow, all the way up to 9

We do have a legit schedule so far though so it makes some sense

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

buddhanc posted:

Wow, all the way up to 9

We do have a legit schedule so far though so it makes some sense

Texas is #14 in the Coaches Poll (OU is 11 lol), which seems right given the loss to Maryland and poor performances against bad Tulsa and KSU teams

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Sab0921 posted:

Texas is #14 in the Coaches Poll (OU is 11 lol), which seems right given the loss to Maryland and poor performances against bad Tulsa and KSU teams

Yeah that sounds more reasonable

If we beat Baylor, okie state on the road, and west Virginia then I'm fully on board with being a top 8ish team

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

buddhanc posted:

Yeah that sounds more reasonable

If we beat Baylor, okie state on the road, and west Virginia then I'm fully on board with being a top 8ish team

You’re gonna lose to the mighty Iowa state Brock Purdys

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Sab0921 posted:

texas should probably be a few spots lower but i''ll take it. If they can take care of baylor and okie st, the looming game against West Virginia could be huge

What exactly has oklahoma done this year to not be 10 spots lower? Their best win is a 10 point win at iowa st. They scraped by Army. Their defense looks like poo poo. LSU, for example, should easily be ahead of them.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

TheBizzness posted:

FSU-Miami has had some stinkers over the years.

Whichever rivalry is better at the time is exclusively a matter of stakes. UF-FSU was way better in the 90s and mid aughts as Miami sort of imploded post-Coker title. Then UF dominated them for like 6 years and it didn’t matter. Then UF fell off the map and everyone quit caring about FSU-UF except old guys like me.

I don’t think you can make a blanket statement like that. I do wish we played y’all every year. It just isn’t right that we don’t.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Big fan of PSU moving up 3 spots after beating the mighty Bye

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Congratulations to Washington finally beating Chip Kelly.....

....all it took was him coaching a trash UCLA team and they still made it closer than it should have been.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Big fan of PSU moving up 3 spots after beating the mighty Bye

bye is like their 3rd toughest opponent so far, in fairness

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Manoueverable posted:

Perhaps as the game foretold, neither Auburn nor Washington are good.

We're doing a bad job of playing to the level of our competition with the exception of BYU, but otoh this is the first time we've beaten chip kelly in his head coaching career.

Since its officially that time, gently caress Oregon

Something we can all agree on. Although that Oregon game worries me a little. I don't want to think Oregon is for real, but they might be. And I don't want Oregon to be for real

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Korranus posted:

This. The UCF/Memphis conference championship game had plenty of razzle-dazzle and like 200 combined points, and loving nobody was watching it. Stanning for college football Cinderella is one of the bigger The Internet Is Not Real Life things.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

aggies are good y'all can get hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
G5 playoffs would get the entire listenership of Podcast Ain’t Played Nobody. Who could turn down that market share?

• Locked thread