Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

There was a "Lets go Brewers" chant at the Badger game today.

Also the Wisconsin run game is a multi-headed monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

That should, at the very minimum, be unnecessary roughness. It's also the most blatant targeting call on the face of the planet. College is "if your knee touches the ground when you have the ball*, regardless if you have been touched by a defensive player, you are down". It's clear that he has the ball, was down for a portion of time long enough that the defender had no reason to lower his head to go after him. Had he been still standing? Sure, go for a wrap up tackle. But he was already going to the ground and giving up on the play.

How the gently caress they felt they could get away with an untrained official I have no clue.

*Placeholder for kicks excluded here for the obvious reasons.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Grittybeard posted:

They missed this one too:

https://twitter.com/CFBgifer/status/1043379973753581568

So I guess at least the bullshit missed calls went both ways? Also something something they really care about player safety.

:stonk:

How the gently caress did the replay official not buzz the ref on that play?

Oh right, the same one who thought the other one wasn't targeting.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Coco13 posted:

Guess who has two thumbs and will be asking Ann Arbor bartenders to turn on the Brewers game while decked out in red.

Hell yeah my dude :hfive:

• Locked thread