Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Stool Sample posted:

Awesome, thanks for letting me know

If we buy a piece of furniture once, can we use it as many times as we want, or do we have to purchase them individually?

unfortunately they are individual. if you buy a tv you can only use 1 tv; if you buy a block of water you can place 1 block of water

you can pick them up and move them/reuse them as much as you want to, or put them away if you don't want them and they'll still be in your ownership, but you can only use as many as you own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

That's the most annoying with water blocks. :negative:

Ice blocks kinda pull off the same look, but not really.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Until recently there were special events each day and on Saturdays furniture was 20% off. I don't know what's happened with that

Having taken a couple of characters through all the maps and gained most of the stars the game has worn out for me. I hope future updates add more zones to explore

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i think those special events were part of launch month and they're gone forever now. maybe they'll come back someday....

week 5 producer update is here

they're upping the dungeon-per-day cap to 15, from 10. so you can get, technically, all of your dungeons done in like 3 days now, if you do 30 dungeons on one day w/ the reset beta. :eyepop:

there's also going to be some kind of login bonus event where you can get item reroll scrolls, weapons/armor and other various prizes as a stopgap measure. and hopefully they'll do more stuff in the future, i guess?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I definitely didn't spend my maple coins in time

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
I like how their response to 'Chaos Raids are too hard' is basically 'theyre supposed to be hard and you're even cheating by using super-upgraded weapons, git gud'

The problem isn't that there isn't enough stuff in the game, it's just that most of it is completely unused/irrelevant. Exploring is kinda cool but you don't get much benefit from it and all the quests reward you uniformly with a few lovely herbs and potions.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

That's a byproduct of them removing the grind and adding the epic quest chain. When the game originally released you had to grind it out.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Lux Aeterna posted:

That's a byproduct of them removing the grind and adding the epic quest chain. When the game originally released you had to grind it out.

Thank god for this decision btw. We dont need kmmo levels of grind for basic levels.

Its a kmmo so its still gonna be a shitgrind but at least this issue is lessened.

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch
Hey, finally found the thread, been playing the game since launch day.

I haven't started the enchanting exercise in frustration yet but want to start soon.

I read Maygi's priest guide but wanted to ask if someone in the know thinks this sceptre is good enough to start with or should I keep grinding more.

It's +223 attack +9 crit +5 magic attack 1.3% piercing and +5.6% magic piercing (max) which seem to be near a lot of the possible maximums as well as two very desirable bonuses. I have other good scepters including some double max with lovely +attack or similar and just curious what I should use going forward, if not waiting for a true max.

I was told that legendary weapons need to get to +12 before comparing to a +15 purple but since they are eventually replaced that does lower the need to get a true max, right?

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

oldgoatmon posted:

Hey, finally found the thread, been playing the game since launch day.

I haven't started the enchanting exercise in frustration yet but want to start soon.

I read Maygi's priest guide but wanted to ask if someone in the know thinks this sceptre is good enough to start with or should I keep grinding more.

It's +223 attack +9 crit +5 magic attack 1.3% piercing and +5.6% magic piercing (max) which seem to be near a lot of the possible maximums as well as two very desirable bonuses. I have other good scepters including some double max with lovely +attack or similar and just curious what I should use going forward, if not waiting for a true max.

I was told that legendary weapons need to get to +12 before comparing to a +15 purple but since they are eventually replaced that does lower the need to get a true max, right?

piercing/piercing is pretty much ideal, yeah.

and you'll need to be a pretty high enchantment level to even get into raids as a fair warning, so you might as well keep pumping into it, especially since the need for copy weapons means it's going to be, um QUITE some time until you get a +15 legendary.

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

nyttyn posted:

piercing/piercing is pretty much ideal, yeah.

and you'll need to be a pretty high enchantment level to even get into raids as a fair warning, so you might as well keep pumping into it, especially since the need for copy weapons means it's going to be, um QUITE some time until you get a +15 legendary.

I'm aware that it's going to take forever, that's actually why I'm asking. If it was an easy thing then I wouldn't have to worry about getting a max something. I guess I was just asking if it's good enough and if my logic that eventually I'm gonna replace it with legendary takes the edge off of wanting a true max.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

oldgoatmon posted:

I'm aware that it's going to take forever, that's actually why I'm asking. If it was an easy thing then I wouldn't have to worry about getting a max something. I guess I was just asking if it's good enough and if my logic that eventually I'm gonna replace it with legendary takes the edge off of wanting a true max.

your mileage may vary depending on who you run with but you don't need a +15 to get into raids bar minimum, and you don't need a +15 to clear. but the higher the enchantment value on top of gem stones, a good pet, and consumables means the higher the chance to clear, the faster you clear, and the more groups you can get into if you need to pug or whatever.

that said, the other major reason to might as well go for +15 is because ludi, the raid that gives you legendary weapons, requires a +14 weapon, epic accessories, and +10 legendary armor. so bar minimum you're gonna have to get close to maxing it out. that's not "dps to clear," mind, that's what you need to get the GS to be allowed to enter by the game.

edit: also damage in weapons is super backloaded, which is why in spite of being numerically superior legendary weapons dont beat maxed out epics until +10 and higher. +13 to +15 is like, another third of the stats or something equally utterly absurd.

Meeko fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Nov 16, 2018

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

nyttyn posted:

edit: also damage in weapons is super backloaded, which is why in spite of being numerically superior legendary weapons dont beat maxed out epics until +10 and higher. +13 to +15 is like, another third of the stats or something equally utterly absurd.

Yeah, I think it's something like a +15 is like 2.2x better than a +10? It's bonkers.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I kinda enjoyed Maplestory, at least ten years ago. It's too weird now, not the same that it used to be.

This one seems more interesting...I'm guessing it's a similar grindfest, although it seems like it would be a lot harder to afk farm with this camera setup. How does it compare? I'm sure it's super different.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Thumbtacks posted:

I kinda enjoyed Maplestory, at least ten years ago. It's too weird now, not the same that it used to be.

This one seems more interesting...I'm guessing it's a similar grindfest, although it seems like it would be a lot harder to afk farm with this camera setup. How does it compare? I'm sure it's super different.

Leveling is not a grind at all. You can level up playing music and fishing and you can get tickets that let you do that for half an hour or an hour. There's also the story questline, which will take you up to the max level as you play through and gives a ton of stuff. only problem is the story itself is pretty bad.

The real grind is farming up onyx at the endgame to upgrade weapons with in order to get into the higher raid tiers but you can ignore that entirely if you want and just decorate your house if you prefer.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

super sweet best pal posted:

only problem is the story itself is pretty bad.

Thankfully you can skip the movies, I was paying attention and interested in my character story but then there was the disjointed generic story and it never got back to the character arc and I stopped giving a poo poo around level 20. It took as long to go 1-20 as it did 20-60. I have a feeling they base the XP on not skipping the movies, so when you do you get crazy amounts of XP.

If you ignored everything else 20 hours is probably a good estimate of time, I didn't keep track and I did a bunch of casual stuff but I only just hit 100 hours played on my character and most of it has been doing stuff at 60, you can also start the end game grind at 50, so the last 10 levels can be gotten purely in whatever hardmode you want. If you plan on doing a pick up group though you'll probably only have fire dragon as a realistic option.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Nov 16, 2018

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Got +11 on 2nd try and +12 on my first try, gonna stop here for a bit and grind up more items, maybe throw some on armor next. I have a shoo and booboo suit on, should I just enchant that or get an invidivual top/bottom? Also, is it worth enchanting offhand or is the gs bugged on that for enchanting as well as just overall?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

oldgoatmon posted:

Got +11 on 2nd try and +12 on my first try, gonna stop here for a bit and grind up more items, maybe throw some on armor next. I have a shoo and booboo suit on, should I just enchant that or get an invidivual top/bottom? Also, is it worth enchanting offhand or is the gs bugged on that for enchanting as well as just overall?

It's worth it to switch to even poorly-rolled Holy Exquisite armor, it has better base stats. You can't enchant offhands.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
For anyone who reads the thread but not their in game mail, MapleGoons and LLJK have merged, if you're in MapleGoons please leave and join LLJK, we welcome you with open arms to the scientifically determined better guild.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

New producer letter is up.

Looks like they're overhauling hard mode loot entirely. Instead of getting a piece of armor and a dungeon-specific weapon from every hard mode, now you'll have to run FD or Laby for head/gloves/shoes, Tris or Rune Temple for top or bottoms, and Temple of Immortals or Lubelisk for any one weapon of your choice (MSL/Rune/Murpagoth). Since you'll be getting less loot and thus less onyx, they're upping the rewards in the reward chest, but those onyx are going to be bound to your character. The onyx market's gonna do some fun things, I guess.

They're also adding a "normal mode" for chaos raids, excepting ludi clock tower.

Guild size caps will be upping to 60 and eventually 100.

Priest dash is getting fixed so it won't lock onto players anymore, but has a fixed distance of 4.5m. I'll take it.

And, most importantly: they're adding drum instruments :v:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hit me up when they make tempo synchronization work off of track 1 of a mml file.

You know, how it works in mabinogi.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

someone awful. posted:

New producer letter is up.

Looks like they're overhauling hard mode loot entirely. Instead of getting a piece of armor and a dungeon-specific weapon from every hard mode, now you'll have to run FD or Laby for head/gloves/shoes, Tris or Rune Temple for top or bottoms, and Temple of Immortals or Lubelisk for any one weapon of your choice (MSL/Rune/Murpagoth). Since you'll be getting less loot and thus less onyx, they're upping the rewards in the reward chest, but those onyx are going to be bound to your character. The onyx market's gonna do some fun things, I guess.

They're also adding a "normal mode" for chaos raids, excepting ludi clock tower.

Guild size caps will be upping to 60 and eventually 100.

Priest dash is getting fixed so it won't lock onto players anymore, but has a fixed distance of 4.5m. I'll take it.

And, most importantly: they're adding drum instruments :v:

You can "unbind" onyx from your character by buying blue gloves or boots and getting them to +3, when you break them apart you get back 100% of the onyx invested up to +3 and only on gloves boots, because it cost less onyx to level up boots and gloves but they give the same amount as a chest piece of the same + value. Don't forget they have a base onyx level that they shard into. You can already make a very slight profit buying level 50 blue gloves / boots. Generally 1-2 are up at any given time and someone always posts in the money range at some point.

Pubbies likely wont realize this though so the price will likely spike, but you can still alt farm or do this to turn a profit yourself.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

pixaal posted:

You can "unbind" onyx from your character by buying blue gloves or boots and getting them to +3, when you break them apart you get back 100% of the onyx invested up to +3 and only on gloves boots, because it cost less onyx to level up boots and gloves but they give the same amount as a chest piece of the same + value. Don't forget they have a base onyx level that they shard into. You can already make a very slight profit buying level 50 blue gloves / boots. Generally 1-2 are up at any given time and someone always posts in the money range at some point.

Pubbies likely wont realize this though so the price will likely spike, but you can still alt farm or do this to turn a profit yourself.

Not anymore, though:

quote:

As part of the above improvements, however, we will be making Onyx Crystals and Chaos Onyx Crystals that come from dismantling enchanted gear bound to your character.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Yeah, they are specifically making enchanted gear that you dismantle character bound to comvat against all that extra onyx in the market

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

This also has the advantage of not making you build an arsenal of alts just to farm onyx (which is good).

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

This Thanksgiving event rules, got an alt to 55 last week and in just 12 days it will have full hard mode gear in every slot, and just enough other hard mode loot to finish getting my main kitted out.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

New patch/"Skybound Expansion Phase 1" coming December 6th!

Free new character slot and new Soul Binder class being added, so that's cool, probably! I'm definitely going to try one, even if I'll probably stick to priest. If you log in on a level 60 character they'll also give you a free potion to boost an alt to level 50, and some Exceptional gear to give them. Plus a bunch of free elixirs and some other things if you log in on a level 10 or higher character.

Also the introduction of all the changes mentioned in the last update: hard dungeon overhaul, daily mission system rework, Normal difficulty chaos raids, guild member cap changes, etc. It's a lot of stuff! There's gonna be a producer letter for week 7 later but it isn't posted yet.

e: oh yeah they're also adding the Maple Arena pvp mode or something

someone awful. fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Nov 28, 2018

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I'll admit, I certainly wasn't expecting Sky Fortress (Skybound, now, I guess) this fast. I expected more like mid/late December. That rules.

Also the free 50 and free character slot to go with it is rad as poo poo.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

I'll admit, I certainly wasn't expecting Sky Fortress (Skybound, now, I guess) this fast. I expected more like mid/late December. That rules.

Also the free 50 and free character slot to go with it is rad as poo poo.

No kidding! I absolutely didn't expect it until the end of the month. That's pretty impressive.

Anyway, after that, here's this week's producer letter and it's definitely interesting.

The best change is adding incentive to run Beyondlink Tris and Rune Temple, due to the reworked reward system shafting them a bit:

quote:

Based on player feedback, we learned that the community is mainly concerned about two things:

• Players will end up running only Temple of Immortals and Lubelisk
  • Players will now be unable to get weapons and other gear at the same time, and this creates a disadvantage because players cannot see the new stats and options for the gear

As a remedy, we decided to add something which is very valuable for players to the BeyondLink Tris and Rune Temple. We are adding Epic Bonus Re-Roller Fragments to the two dungeons. When you run 30 dungeons, you will be able to get an Epic Bonus Re-Roller for your Weapon, and five Epic Bonus Re-Rollers for your Armor. These Re-Rollers will be bound to your character.

So, hey, that's pretty nice! Unfortunately they're also doing some less-nice changes like making Crystal Fragments account-bound and nerfing music/fishing exp because they're adding a level requirement to the Black Market.

They're also adding some kind of guild raid called Guild Xenon System which sounds fun for you people who are in a big ol' guild. Seems to mostly be "teamwork puzzle mechanics" with "minimal gear requirements".

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Don't mind me, just posting every producer letter in this thread. Here's Week 7 Part 2: Week 7 Harder.

Probably the biggest and best part of this announcement is the test introduction of a drop called Toad's Toolkit:

quote:

Starting with the December 6th update, all the Hard Adventure Dungeons will be dropping an item called Toad's Toolkit Fragment (final name TBD). You will be getting 10 fragments per dungeon clear, and with 20 fragments, you will be able to create a Toad's Toolkit (final name TBD). This stone can be consumed instead of a copy of gear that you need to use when enchanting Epic gear. This stone essentially works like a wildcard, and can be used for any armor or weapon.

This is identical to getting 30 pieces of gear of your class and type (including weapons) which can be used for enchanting. This item was sold for NX in another region, but we are testing this in the dungeons as a drop to see how the inclusion of this item changes overall progression for the Epic gear.

So obviously, that's a pretty big deal and sounds like something that will make upgrading gear far more manageable. Here's hoping it goes over well.

There's also some more explanation of the new reputation grind content introduced with Sky Fortress, the rewards, and how it works. Probably the best news here is that you can start Sky Fortress epic quests at level 50 independent of Epic Quest progress, so fear not for your level-up-potion'd alt or if you were too lazy to finish the dang thing.

e: really though you should do the epic quest, it pays out a decent chunk of meso and it's really fast if you have Premium to fly everywhere and skip all the cutscenes.

someone awful. fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Dec 1, 2018

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I did all the stuff until it started requiring level 50 normal dungeons, because like hell I'm sacrificing actual character progression for it. :v:

And yeah, those Toad's Toolkits will be a huge help. I hope they stick around for good. I can actually do Lubelisk and not feel bad that I'm losing out on materials for +14/15 attempts on my weapon. :shobon:

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

If goons are still playing, are you on US East since that's where LLJK is?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

There's still a decent presence of goons on USEast in LLJK, yeah. I'm on West with my small guild (which merged with another small guild to be a still-small-but-slightly-less-small guild), but it's hard to recommend rolling on West; the population feels tiny.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Any oceanic guilds? I’m feeling the urge

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

How's inventory management? So far I've only done the story through about level 12 (enough to finish the first sequence from the capital) and haven't had any problems yet but 36 inventory slots seems really low compared to other MMOs.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

As long as you're regularly dismantling or selling things you don't need, it's fine. Remember that each inventory category has its own limit.

The only thing I've considered buying more space for is Consumables.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

State of the Game: Week 9 is mostly about the devs' plans for the future. The next big expansion content is slated for Summer 2019, but they have some updates planned between then and now. What and when they are is a mystery, I guess?

There's going to be an event weekend where the cost of fusing accessories will be discounted. They are also doing a free giveaway from next week's maintenance until the 31st, wherein if you log in on a level 50+ character you'll receive, as character-bound items:

quote:

• Full Epic Set Gift
    • Epic Armor Set
      Includes an Epic Lv. 50 Headgear, Top, Bottom, Gloves and Shoes
      Can’t be dismantled
      Can be used for enchants
    • Epic Weapon Selection Box
      Includes an Epic Lv. 50 weapon for your class
      Can’t be dismantled
      Can be used for enchants
    • Epic Absolute Accessory Selection Box x5
      Gives your choice of Epic Lv. 50 Accessories, five times over
      Can’t be dismantled
      Can be used for socket opening
  • Enchanting Gift
    • Epic +10 Enchant Scroll Selection Box x3
      Upon opening, you can choose between
      Weapon Enchant Scrolls for your class
      Armor Enchant Scrolls
    • Toad’s Toolkit x5
    • Onyx Crystal x10000
  • Gemstone Gift
    • Tier 2 Offense Gemstone x3
      Account Bound
    • Epic 1 Socket Conversion Scroll x3
      Each scroll unlocks the first socket on a piece of Epic Lv. 50 accessories
    • Yellow Gem Dust x200
    • Purple Gem Dust x200
    • Blue Gem Dust x200
  • Bonus Attribute Gift
    • Epic Armor Bonus Value Re-Roller x15
    • Epic Weapon Bonus Re-Roller Selection Box x5
    • Epic Accessory Bonus Value Re-Roller x5

Please note that the items in the above list are character-bound unless otherwise noted and will be bound upon opening the Holiday Bonus Giveaway.

Which is helpful, I suppose :shobon:

Also apparently improvements to the housing UI and more UGC templates are planned.

someone awful. fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Dec 15, 2018

housemaster!!1
Oct 6, 2015

DUNT 4GEHT 2 FLAAHP UR ARRMAZ
Are there any european servers?

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

This game still exists, btw. My girlfriend saw some random art from it a couple of weekends ago and decided (as a normally gaming averse person) that she wanted to try it out because it was cute and so I've been going through the Epic Questline with her and showing her how to do farming and other side mission stuff.

I will say that they might want to update their plot quests to reduce the number of dungeon runs included since basically nobody is still playing at low level and the queues take forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

NorgLyle posted:

This game still exists, btw. My girlfriend saw some random art from it a couple of weekends ago and decided (as a normally gaming averse person) that she wanted to try it out because it was cute and so I've been going through the Epic Questline with her and showing her how to do farming and other side mission stuff.

I will say that they might want to update their plot quests to reduce the number of dungeon runs included since basically nobody is still playing at low level and the queues take forever.

I haven't played since around launch but I'm pretty sure dungeons scale with player count only epic dungeons need a full party. You can easily solo them.