Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Yeah the game combat is definitely inspired by a lot of ARPGs like Diablo and PoE but it's obviously not quite at the same depth. If you can ignore the weirdos, the game has a lot of fun moments and is pretty solid. Be selective about who you hang out about, look at the poop but do not touch it, and you can have an excellent time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Original maplestory was keyboard only, using arrow keys to move and everything else on the left side. That’s probably the best way to play without a game pad, and using mouse for inventory stuff.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Has anyone rolled a Runeblader yet? How is it? I need to update the class list with Runeblader's info now that it's finally released, and players actually have access to it. If you know how to Runeblader and have info on how it stacks up vs other classes, post it here or PM it to me so I can add it to the OP.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ehud posted:

That helps, thanks. I like healing so I'll probably fill that role in our group.

welcome to hell

i just got priest to 50 and now they expanded the levels again

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Asema posted:

welcome to hell

Asema is just existing in the /smh emote in game forever.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want a LED Tombstone at the site of my grave that just shows this picture:

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Asema posted:

welcome to hell

Wait, so what's the level cap now? It was 50 last night.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

You got new quests to do, and an entire new island to explore

To murder cute monsters of course

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this is a lot of fun

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
wizard is a dorky little poo poo and I love it

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I took a couple of characters to level ten, one through the story and the other through wandering around whacking monsters and getting explorer stars. The story was much shorter, but I liked getting the stars. In each little zone there's a few mini-tasks to do, each of which earns a star, like fishing a certain fish, finding some treasure or defeating the local boss monster

Eventually I was interrupted by a cat that wanted me to play a game? I think everyone got the message at the same time. When I accepted I was teleported to a game room with a bunch of other people and we played a Mario Party-like minigame of falling platforms. It lasted two minutes before I was teleported back to where I was with some rewards

The characters are very sweet. The game was much nicer after I muted the various world chat channels - they're utterly obnoxious

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Made a character, then when it had me switch to mouse to equip the new weapon while using a controller I was stuck moving my cursor around with my controller. Fuckin' weird. Nothing I could seem to do would let me switch back, and the control menu wasn't even available yet.

Then I tried to switch the resolution to windowed and the game crashed.

I'll give it another shot tomorrow but this is not a promising start. :(

Most egregious of all, it has an internet pop up after the game closed asking if I'd recommend it, but it opened it in Explorer. :rip:

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Catsworth posted:

Most egregious of all, it has an internet pop up after the game closed asking if I'd recommend it, but it opened it in Explorer. :rip:

Nexon has done poo poo like this in more than one game so that doesn't really surprise me.

Cringelord
Jul 30, 2018
I'm playing this and having fun but boy is it overwhelming with everything it seems you can do. I tried some beginner guides but they made worse so now I'm hitting monsters and doing the main story instead.

tradjik
Mar 2, 2007

I am a cool anime witch.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I am installing this game right now after deciding that current WoW was way too bad to waste my time on. It looks cute+fun as hell so I'm excited.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Join us in using heavenly pigs to float dozens of meters up in the air, transitioning through several lovely varieties of forest, before falling down 100 meters on your face.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

games simple and fun, too bad I have no clue about the game and have a bad case of the class indecisions

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jossar posted:

Join us in using heavenly pigs to float dozens of meters up in the air, transitioning through several lovely varieties of forest, before falling down 100 meters on your face.

you can recast the pig before you hit the ground :smug:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I did it, I can uninstall the game now.

All jokes aside this feels more like what I expected from ToS than ToS was.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

Asema posted:

you can recast the pig before you hit the ground :smug:

I mean you can, but why would you want to?

(Also, i'm going for the trophy-based-title that requires you to fall 10km, so I am intimately familiar with all of the flight mechanics. :shepicide:)

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elentor posted:

I did it, I can uninstall the game now.

All jokes aside this feels more like what I expected from ToS than ToS was.

I've been gushing about how this is a better RO sequel than ToS in guild chat

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Game is good and an unexpected goon hit, I am legitimately happy.

Someone make a banner ad and I'll buy it so we can get more people to :getin:

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

Pre-release I was really put off by this game. I thought the gameplay and the 3D isometric style looked generic, bland and terrible compared to the original but I downloaded and gave the game a try because I hoped I was wrong. Maple Story 2 is legit good, if you're on the fence just try it and see for yourself.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its good

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

eonwe posted:

its good

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

So uh, how do I get in the same instance as my friend? We are grouped up but I can't figure out how to find him. Summon party apparently costs money.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Ehud posted:

So uh, how do I get in the same instance as my friend? We are grouped up but I can't figure out how to find him. Summon party apparently costs money.

Click on the little dropdown thingy next to "Ch. ##" at the top-right, and join whatever number is the one they are in.

This game is a hell of a lot more engaging than I was expecting it to be for something I just tried out on a whim. It's also insanely cute, which is a plus. Why do you guys have to be on East :argh:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ehud posted:

You have to be in the same channel.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

someone awful. posted:

Click on the little dropdown thingy next to "Ch. ##" at the top-right, and join whatever number is the one they are in.

This game is a hell of a lot more engaging than I was expecting it to be for something I just tried out on a whim. It's also insanely cute, which is a plus. Why do you guys have to be on East :argh:

Make a west coast guild, there's nothing saying there can't be one. You'll have to convince goons on the west coast into swapping to NA West, but they will get all that Founders Pack stuff again on their NA West character as well. (You don't get the merets twice though, sorry!)

Just let me know what guild it is, and I will add it to the OP!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

hey i have the brain disease that makes me somewhat enjoy supporting and healing in games at times, am i setting myself up for pain if i start out with priest? there's a few classes that look fun but there's always the appeal of being the class that people always like having around.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

OK the heavy gunner intro quest is hilarious

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

hey i have the brain disease that makes me somewhat enjoy supporting and healing in games at times, am i setting myself up for pain if i start out with priest? there's a few classes that look fun but there's always the appeal of being the class that people always like having around.

From what I've read (i'm a priest too but I'm not super high yet?) priest can solo but it's pretty much via attrition; your dps is pretty garbage but you're pretty hard to kill too. The only class I've seen anyone say anything outright bad about is thief, apparently it's terrible right now? Anyone play thief here?

Also is there anyway to turn off the swear filter?

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I tried to play this and was told my account was blocked

I tried to submit a ticket but you have to sign in to do that

I can't sign in because someone changed my password

I can't reset my password because my account was blocked

read that last line again, its important

I have to get unblocked to sign in, I have to sign in to get unblocked

thanks, that's my (maple) story

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I had the same problem and I just needed to try to log in on the website, they sent me a password reset email and it was fine.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
simple wizard guide for idiots and goons and goon idiots:

make a macro that looks like this:

hold that macro button and the direction towards the enemy you want to kill.

congratulations, you're automatically animation cancelling your most powerful sustained dps attack so hard that your natural regeneration can not keep up with it. phantom claw in downtime, add in cooldowns if you want to do good damage I guess.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I'm coming up on level twenty gunner and am beginning to suspect putting all my attribute points into critical rating wasn't the best move

The cosmetic lootcrate is three hundred merets but there's a pack of ten which also comes with a pumpkin chat bubble for three thousand. You can only buy the halloween themed stuff, including the unique damage number font, if you exchange items that dropped from the lootcrate for a style coin currency. It looks like the only way to hide pieces of equipment is to buy an upgrade from the cash shop. If I buy for example the equipment-hiding upgrade, will all my characters on the server have access to it? What about characters on other servers? Are merets cross-character or cross-server? What about the style coins you get from exchanging loot crate drops?

e: Fishing's a huge pain to level up! I have an auto-fishing boost I got from who knows where, but if you're planning to do any you should queue up some podcasts. Is there any way to mute the fishing reel sound?

someone awful. posted:

I'm playing from Australia on US East, latency doesn't seem like a huge deal

bandaid.friend fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Oct 12, 2018

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

bandaid.friend posted:

I am also in Oz and have only tried the Oceanic server, but I am suspicious of your claims. Oz to US East is a good 300-400ms judging by other games.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

bandaid.friend posted:

I'm coming up on level twenty gunner and am beginning to suspect putting all my attribute points into critical rating wasn't the best move

The cosmetic lootcrate is three hundred merets but there's a pack of ten which also comes with a pumpkin chat bubble for three thousand. You can only buy the halloween themed stuff, including the unique damage number font, if you exchange items that dropped from the lootcrate for a style coin currency. It looks like the only way to hide pieces of equipment is to buy an upgrade from the cash shop. If I buy for example the equipment-hiding upgrade, will all my characters on the server have access to it? What about characters on other servers? Are merets cross-character or cross-server? What about the style coins you get from exchanging loot crate drops?

e: Fishing's a huge pain to level up! I have an auto-fishing boost I got from who knows where, but if you're planning to do any you should queue up some podcasts. Is there any way to mute the fishing reel sound?

I'm just gonna say, stay away from the loot crate, that way lies madness. I did the math on it and it's not worth it, strictly the territory of the whale.

Yes, the transparency badge is expensive, but it applies to multiple gear items at the same time. That's a judgement call, personally I don't think the transparency is worth it.

Merets are cross character but not cross region. So merets bought and delivered in Oceania cannot be re-retrieved on US East.

Auto Fishing is a godsend, if you're gonna spend a bit of money to level fishing its great, just get up and go do something else and come back to several level ups and if you set yourself up with some golden lures possibly plenty of items that sell for a decent amount of mesos as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Johnny Joestar posted:

There will never be a better time to play priest because right now there's people at every level of the game to leech off of