Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Im not sure if you even need to leech. I just rolled Priest and I've powered to level 12 and I'm doing more damage than I was as my Gunner

You can build for okay damage but later on when you have to fight bosses solo and stuff it drags.

Still nowhere near as bad as something like a vanilla Wow priest so ymmv anyway

Plus I've done some dungeons where things would go a lot slower without me bailing idiots out of trouble so maybe it evens out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the dedicated healer life has been markedly less of a pain in the rear end than in other games, it's true

kinda hoping they add a second healer and tank classes at some point. and maybe make thief better. never even played it and thief life sounds rough.

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
Maplegoons just made level 2.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Necrosaro posted:

Maplegoons just made level 2.

Now we need to make level 3 because lol they locked the guild cap behind level 3, 7, 11, and 14.

Levelling the guild doesn't take long as long as you get high activity among members all working together to do the guild dailies, and do the daily check in, so about 5-10 mins of work on the daily for each person. The problem is not everyone can log in every day and ughhhhhhh I want the guild cap to go up but I have to also be sympathetic to people having real lives. Grinding your face off is a quick way to burn people out, and i wish that there was a higher initial cap and each level came with a cap increase.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Oct 14, 2018

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Johnny Joestar posted:

the dedicated healer life has been markedly less of a pain in the rear end than in other games, it's true

kinda hoping they add a second healer and tank classes at some point. and maybe make thief better. never even played it and thief life sounds rough.

Korean version already has two classes US doesn't so looks like they're doing the maple story 1 thing of gently caress ton of classes

Speaking of how's ms1 nowadays

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'm liking both classes Ive played so far and I rather tame my altitis and stick with the knight. If anyone wants to play a knight/priest I recommend you make it your first classes so that the other classes damage doesn't spoil you. It'll also make it so when you jump into a low survivability class you'll actually feel threatened by the damage the mobs can put out instead

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

This game is really good and I don't know why I like it so much. It plays a lot like a more MMO/group (with holy trinity) version of Diablo 3, really (with a standard MMO loot system instead) which is great because I REALLY like Diablo 3 gameplay.

I really enjoy playing this game and I'm waiting for a reason to say it's poo poo and I haven't yet, and in fact I am having fun playing a MMO which is weird.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it gives players just enough to where they're not frustrated while at the same time kind of following 'standard' mmo formulas in a relatively non-stressful way

also holy poo poo i found out that fishing is kind of like how it is in stardew valley. i've trained for this.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I absolutely loved this game and due to a hand injury it hurts like hell to play it because of how frantic it is so I'll unfortunately have to drop it. which loving sucks.

There's something so satisfying about its combat.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I wanna play with goons but I don't know which class I wanna lean on to get added to the guild (if the roster ever gets bigger).

I feel like Priests are important, but I don't know what it'll be like to be a dps class later on.

I always enjoy tanking but without taunt/threat I kinda don't wanna gently caress with Knight.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Are there any 'trap' classes? I tried an archer briefly and it seemed pretty good.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
e: ^ if you mean newbie traps, Thief is in the worst place because it takes a disproportionate amount of effort to perform on a not-even-top-tier level. All the other classes have their places, even if it's only because of the buffs they bring for the party.

Johnny Joestar posted:

never even played it and thief life sounds rough.
I'm getting pretty into thief, it's... not as bad as people make it out to be. It's the class closest to what a design might be like in other MMOs, if that makes sense? Thief doesn't really fit into the context of MS2. without bogging down too much in the mechanics of the matter, the basis is that every class's optimal (PvE) DPS boils down to a single button press with maybe a few big hitters with a long cooldown. Wizard, which I have experience with, is you literally macro one skill, hold that macro and the direction towards the boss, and hit your two cooldowns as they come off. the other half of it is that every class's survivability comes in two flavours: either you stay out of range of getting hit, or you have the HP/defence to get hit and not care (Knight, Berserker).

Thief is... so loving not these things, by design. Its optimal PvE rotation is a mess I would almost place as being along the lines of FFXIV Heavensward DPS rotations. Its survivability doesn't exist. Thief has the worst dash in the game (2 second cooldown because it's literally an attack, not a dash - its actual dash moves it backwards so using it like you would other classes involves turning away from where you want to dash before you dash...) but classically the worst HP in the game to stay true to MapleStory 1. So its reward for working harder to hit optimal DPS while simultaneously working harder to hit optimal DPS-uptime is mid-tier damage. Assassins with worse gear will safely out-DPS the Thief holding literally one button and not having to reposition for safety constantly.

Its optimal DPS rotation is a mechanism to behold, though. :allears:

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

When I say trap I mean, Can I play any class through to endgame without being shunned by groups and struggle to finish conent?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Okay I made a guild on NA West, right now it's just me and a friend but if there's any lost people who need a guild on West you're definitely welcome. It's called <idgi> which is the worst name ever, so you'll have to deal with that

ping me on discord if you apply, i'm someone awful. there

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

clone on the phone posted:

When I say trap I mean, Can I play any class through to endgame without being shunned by groups and struggle to finish conent?

If you pretend Thief doesn't exist, sure. We've yet to see it evolve in the English playerbase, but I've heard players on the Korean servers would actually get kicked from parties for being a Thief. Any other class you really shouldn't get shunned for.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's a good class for making GBS threads damage when I want a break from Priest?

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
Wizard's some solid AoE damage making GBS threads out. Berserker is just spin-to-win stuff. I'd nominate either of those.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

If you're going to play with goons I wouldn't worry about it either way, I doubt any of us would really give a poo poo if you want to play a thief. Just beware of how much more work you're going to be putting in compared to the berserker.

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
Hopefully theres a point to pvp that attracts people to it. Had quite a bit of fun doing the last part of my epic quest dodging people who could pretty much one shot me, waiting for my mobs to pop and then dropping from up high with balloon to be sneaky. After a while i realised i could just switch channel if i wanted.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

This is like 50 different games at the same time. The disconnects stopped last night and I spent like seven hours building a haunted house on my little plot of land. This is alarmingly fun for a f2p mmo

edit: but man do you really have to shell out for the templates for every single individual custom clothing you want to make?

purple death ray fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Oct 14, 2018

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

i would gladly shell out every time if they release a template for the bodypillow mount

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

clone on the phone posted:

Thief gets a bad rap for being a high skill ceiling while at the very top end doing the damage comparable to the mid tier units that can do so at range or bring far more utility.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
the future is now

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

ah, i didn't know they added the slayer class so soon

Ligament
Jun 12, 2018
Biscuit Hider

crime weed posted:

the future is now

that's beautiful

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013
Pretty surprised with how much I'm enjoying this game. I got in expecting much more f2p arm twisting, but it's surprisingly tame. Like 80% of every house building blocks and furniture are absolutely free???

My only gripe is with the lack of a function to place multiple blocks at a time, but it didn't stop me from spending a couple of hours making my wizard her very own Planar Sphere.

I'm playing in the SA Server, and the Brazilian elections are currently going on, so people are presumably making big bucks selling t-shirts for the two running candidates for the presidency. You also get to come upon the face of the likely winner, brazil's trump:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf1R-5QNBTY

GOTY

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Have you contacted the library of congress about this video? They archive culturally important films and I think this probably counts

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

The controls in the game are really odd and there doesn't seem to be a way to remap them. Have they said anything about adding the ability ti remap things in the future?

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018

MrTargetPractice posted:

The controls in the game are really odd and there doesn't seem to be a way to remap them. Have they said anything about adding the ability ti remap things in the future?

Theyre locked at the beginning if im not mistaken. My controls tab was greyed out starting out, could access it a bit later.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Highly recommend using a controller for fights and keeping KB/M around just in case the console-cursor is too obnoxious.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
You're able to change keybinds after you exit the tutorial into the Lith Harbour zone. I know this because control settings aren't global, you need to set them for every character you make. I maxed out my character slots with names I thought were cute, as a lot of names aren't taken yet

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

The character name limit kills me

AttackTheMoon
Jul 4, 2015

oh man wizards getting a blink right away is my absolute favorite thing in the entire world

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
My buddies are bailing on this game, so looks like I'll need a new guild. If you MapleGoons guys get an invite from "Sundaeia" (some fucker took Sundae before I got to it even with the name pre-booking thing), that's me.

Level 50 to Level 60 was about a two day thing. Get on a boss train when it spawns and watch 8M EXP at a time just come flooding in. Alternatively, grab Blaknov #1 or whatever, run it five times in the 25-30 min it'll take, and grab 30M experience plus endless piles of epics absolutely no epics whatsoever because lol drop-rate.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
50 to 60 was was for me because I'd spawn into zone, get invited to a party, tap the boss, do other poo poo for 10 minutes while it gets killed, spawn in to next world boss zone, repeat

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the other day i did my first dungeon and soloed the level 16 one :shobon:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
holy poo poo did they secretly make maplestory good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

sexpig by night posted:

holy poo poo did they secretly make maplestory good

ive had a lot of fun with it, somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So far I have a level 60 Wizard and a level 50 priest. I made the priest yesterday and hit 50 easily going through the main quest

here is my wizard, i think shes cute