Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Neither team deserved to win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
The Cowboys are really making me want to switch to that Sunday to Thursday shift at my job with preferable shift times.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

Texans playing for the long FG with a shaky kicker :toot:

I hate this bullshit and it happens so freaking often. Coaches seem to think once you get to around a 45 yard kick it's automatic.

Oh well, it worked this time.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Still waiting on those Dak lips :colbert:

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

This wasn't the game we wanted but it was the game we deserved...

Stay tuned for 60 Minutes except on the West Coast where we won't even air it because who gives a gently caress!

Goodnight from NRG Stadium... now watch an infomercial for The Magic Bullet.
A better program than what you just watched.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Should have iced huh

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Jason Garrett is the greatest Cowboys head coach that has ever lived. They're carving his name and likeness on the chest of Jerry Jones as we speak.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Texans Record: 1-3
Hopkins Record: 1-0

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bad
Teams

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The Texans significantly outplayed the Cowboys, it's ridiculous it took 73 minutes to put them away.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Robnoxious posted:

This wasn't the game we wanted but it was the game we deserved...

Stay tuned for 60 Minutes except on the West Coast where we won't even air it because who gives a gently caress!

Goodnight from NRG Stadium... now watch an infomercial for The Magic Bullet.
A better program than what you just watched.

Do people still watch 60 Minutes?

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Takes No Damage posted:

Still waiting on those Dak lips :colbert:

i posted a tweet of it a long time ago click my ?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
the cowboys? cowards? no loving way. im shocked.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Doesn’t matter how bad it was, a win’s a win.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

well at least the cowboys lost :unsmith:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

Doesn’t matter how bad it was, a win’s a win.

2-3 with both wins coming against hideous teams and one of the losses coming against the Gabbert-led Titans

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Qwijib0 posted:

if the first team got a fg, then time would just expire and they'd win
Sorry, I meant if they specifically didn't score. Like time expired while the first team still had possession.

Zyla posted:

thats it

tie
Gotcha. Thought there might be a weird caveat because of the statement that "both teams get a chance to possess the ball."

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Intruder posted:

Do people still watch 60 Minutes?

Ask me when I'm 80 and hammering the phone pad to the tv station demanding to watch 60 Minutes instead of this puntball.
It's a long con.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Fifty Three posted:

Sorry, I meant if they specifically didn't score. Like time expired while the first team still had possession.

Gotcha. Thought there might be a weird caveat because of the statement that "both teams get a chance to possess the ball."

the 10 minute time limit supercedes

unless im super wrong and they get an untimed drive which sounds insane to me

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Zyla posted:

the 10 minute time limit supercedes

unless im super wrong and they get an untimed drive which sounds insane to me
I think that's it.
If a team runs the entire overtime without a score and had possession the entire 10 minutes then the other team should be allowed their own offensive possession before a tie or score is finalized.

Untimed drives that is... the play clock is the only clock.

vvv It should't ever happen but it will at some point and the Browns or the Jets or the Bills will be involved... GUARANTEED! vvv

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Oct 8, 2018

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im trying to imagine how one would have a 10 minute non scoring drive and its conceptual agony.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Barudak posted:

Im trying to imagine how one would have a 10 minute non scoring drive and its conceptual agony.

Multiple sacks or fumbles for the loss of 10+ yards and multiple automatic first down penalties, I'm assuming.

E: The longest drive in NFL history lasted 12 minutes and 53 seconds, and resulted in no points scored. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200101140nyg.htm?drive_start=136&drive_end=154

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Oct 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Multiple sacks or fumbles for the loss of 10+ yards and multiple automatic first down penalties, I'm assuming.

Apparently the Pats did a nine minute non scoring drive to win against the chargers in the 2007 AFC championship game so it involves mostly getting 4 yards a run every time and milking the clock every play

• Locked thread