Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I was kind of disappointed with the direction this movie went at first, but then I though to myself, what if a studio tasked me with writing a script to a Venom movie that couldn't have any references to Spider-Man at all?

Venom works as a comic book character works since both the Symbiote and Eddie Brock hate Spider-Man/Peter Parker in their own ways. And then when they combine it makes a villain that is pretty unique as far as comic book villains go.

With that in mind I can see why they went with the change of Tom Hardy playing Eddie as being a naive person who gets attached to a creature that is violent in nature since that goes against a normal human's sense of right and wrong.

As far as the stinger scene suggest, it looks like they are going straight into Carnage territory which I think is probably not the right idea.

A better idea I think would be to delve into the Venom: Lethal Protector story line since then you get the juxtaposition of Eddie trying to do the right thing against the symbiote which just wants to kill/eat everyone since that is the simplest course of action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Mameluke posted:

Can we do it? Can we push Venom over a billion?

No, save some so the sequel makes even more which will guarantee Maximum Carnage will happen for the third one.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

The Notorious ZSB posted:

If it took them until a 3rd film to merge it with the wider MCU and Spidey that might actually be alright.

They could even bring in Cloak and Dagger from the ABC show.