Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I enjoyed the Hardy/Venom bits, the comedy was fun and people in the cinema laughed along. The CGI was a bit crappy looking to my eyes and I'm kinda sad they never fully embraced the liquidy tentacleness of Venom from the MvC games but instead just had a bunch of extra nondescript limbs.

...though I did notice him forming a shield at one point :allears:

Riz Ahmed wasn't convincing enough for me but everything else was fine tbh, it was enjoyable which is something I can't say about a fair few movies I've seen this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I liked the whole

"Do we have any chance against this guy?"

"He's got poo poo up his sleeve you could never dream of."

He then runs headlong into battle and Riot pulls out those massive blades and while trying to avoid getting cut up, Venom takes a split-second to say to Eddie "See? I told you!"

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

The Notorious ZSB posted:

The CGI for a lot of bits really did seem way below par for what ought to be possible these days.

I think a lot of it is to do with the lighting and shadow. Note when Eddie's head is revealed when the Venom face is peeled back, the shadowing looks like some 90s 3D game level of 'meh there's a shadow there but we're not gonna do it accurately because we can't'

The other scene when he's in the store and does the same thing it's like they didn't even have Hardy in there, it just looks like a weird lifeless CGI head. SFX definitely weren't the best in this.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Axetrain posted:

Ahem, there is a brand new Run the Jewels track on there you know. :colbert:

It didn't bang tho

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

zer0spunk posted:

What a giant waste of jenny slate by the way.

Agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Firstborn posted:

The editing was kind of poo poo and choppy, but Tom Hardy is great, and he basically played two characters here with gusto.

He's fantastic in Legend playing both Kray twins. I was wanting more gang violence though in that, not a love story... :/