Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EKDS5k
Feb 22, 2012

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LET YOUR BEER FREEZE, DAMNIT

Forktoss posted:

The absolute funniest scenes in the movie were when someone tells Elon Bezos not to start his rocket launch countdown because he can't pilot the rocket alone, to which the symbiote-infused evil science man smirks "I'm not alone", and they zoom to a scientist in the background who looks nervously around with a completely bewildered "the gently caress's he on about??" expression, and in the next scene the scientist is rifling through a manual that reads "HOW TO STOP THE COUNTDOWN" in big letters

I thought the funniest scene was after Eddie's apartment gets raided and Venom takes out the soldiers. "Let's bite their heads off and pile the bodies in the corner!" "Why would we do that?!" "Pile of bodies....pile of heads!" Like it's the most obvious thing. Still cracking up over it.

Also re: the final showdown: At least the CGI vs CGI fight was relatively short, and they didn't beat us over the head with 20 minutes of them punching each other through buildings *cough*ManofSteel*cough*

I thought the rest of it was good. Tom Hardy performed well and he was like 90% of the movie so there you go. I might go see it again next weekend, though I'll probably pass on the 3D this time, since I didn't really even notice it the first time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU