Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

I liked it. The early parts of the movie where Venom wasn't around yet were somewhat dull, but the movie picks up the second Venom bonds with Eddie. I think if the movie's pre-Venom part was like, 5-10 mins shorter and that time was used to develop the bond between Venom and Eddie a bit more, the pacing would have improved.

Movie critics who are calling this a garbage movie are real dumb tho. First review I tried to read talked about "misplaced comedy", and that just feels weird. Suddenly quips are bad when they are made by an antihero? Was it the joke about the headeating that made the critic feel bad? Venom's a really silly movie at times, but its fun. The movie doesn't really give a gently caress, which is nice - like the movie explicitly calls out that the aftermath of the fight in Eddie's apartment left multiple bodies as the policeman tells Eddie's ex that it's not safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

I just realized how Eddie's ex was genuinely a pretty strong female character. Ann was never a damsel in distress, and instead after she realized that Eddie was in serious (seemingly) medical trouble, tried her hardest to help him, and didn't run away screaming or anything when she saw Eddie as Venom for the first time - if anything it convinced her even more that Eddie needed help.