Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I don't think the kiss was that farfetched she said she loved him, they were engaged, and he was just vindicated about the bad guy being bad. Did they NEED to kiss? Definitely, no, it was a complete asspull.

Something that did bother me though was that apparently symbiotes can just fall out of their hosts like nothing and switch hosts on a whim. If not for that there would not be a lady venom kissing scene though I'm sure they would still kiss anyways.

I like the idea that the symbiotes in the movie were apparently like a beefy special forces A-Team. It would have been cool if we got to see the other two symbiotes maybe their codenames would be like "Tango" "Buzzsaw" "Maverick". Or just any name from "The Running Man".

It really sucked that Dora died I wanted to see her hook up with Dan after Venom inevitably got back together with Annie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

Vakal posted:

As far as the stinger scene suggest, it looks like they are going straight into Carnage territory which I think is probably not the right idea.

There probably won't be a third movie for him to appear in so better to do it as soon as possible.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

Fart City posted:

I reiterate: they should have just made Carnage the villain in this, and expanded the concept beyond that for sequels. Aesthetically, Riot is just Carnage with a duller color scheme.

This is what I hate about comic movies they always halfass the first one with some throwaway villain(s) then if it bombs you never get a chance to see a good villain. Like Sinestro in Green Lantern or Leader in Hulk are two that come to mind. Fantastic Four had another shot but still hosed up with fart cloud Galactus.