Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese
This movie's last scene should've been in the middle, and the middle of the movie should've been twenty minutes longer with more time for Eddie to get emotionally attached to Venom just as much as the rush of power.

Apart from that, great movie, will buy on Blu-Ray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

did venom mind control the ex wife lady to make out with eddie, physically control her or ask her to do it? That whole scene seems really creepy in retrospect.

They don't go into it further beyond the fact it was Venom's idea but she liked it.

EDIT: Since this is not explained I can only guess what happened. Venom approaches a lot of interpersonal relationships in the movie supportively but not forcefully. He was in the car with Eddie and his ex and suggested to him to apologize because he might never get another chance. I can only assume that Venom approached the situation the same way with her.

Naz al-Ghul fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Oct 13, 2018

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

Drifter posted:

What would making it rated R have functionally allowed? Just more blood or something?

Having a lack of blood or gore when gigantic razor blade arms swoop across a crowd full of people is more jarring than otherwise.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I don't think it'd be a good conversation to try to work out exactly how PROBLEMATIC the movie venom is but the hero getting to kiss the girl because she was mind controlled but her liking it is the most 80s thing imaginable and it really is true that this whole movie feels like it slipped in from some other universe where this was made in like 1994 or something.

Yeah, I'm sure they didn't mean to seem like that and more people seem to think Venom kissed him over the girl, but the lack of info leads me to only speculate What Would Venom Do?

Which is a question that belongs on the bumper of a car tbh.