Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
It's... something.

This is the movie where I felt the PG-13 by far the hardest. This is a character whose whole thing is actually physically eating people with his giant fangs and there's not a drop of blood to be seen.

There's this hilarious scene where a symbiote makes these 30' blade arms (VERY SPECIFICALLY BLADES) and then swings them at a room full of people and when the blades hit them they are comically swept offscreen in a blur and there isn't a drop of blood at all or even the suggestion of real violence in any way.

The big fight at the end is a headscratcher that reminded me of a random fight in a Transformer film.

Venom bites off people's loving heads and there is no blood. He devours someone and there is no blood. Not even the suggestion of blood. It's just weird.

I still kind of liked it. It wasn't good. But it was, sort of, in a strange way, interesting.

I legit think an R-rated version where you actually saw how awful what Venom did was and would have made Eddie's slow acceptance of that evil for the power it brings a lot more interesting. As it is it seems like a weird wacky buddy comedy where inhumanly awful carnivorous violence is alluded to every few minutes.

Just loving lol if they try to do a PG-13 Carnage movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Mulderman posted:

Beginning was boring, whacky Tom hardy was fun.
But I really gotta question the thought behind
Let's have our black goopy guy, fight a dark grey goopy guy at night. I've seen some bad fightscenes but that one might take the cake.

There was exactly one moment in that 3-4(?) minute fight that I had any idea what in the gently caress was happening or even where the two of them were in relation to each other. That moment was when Riot peels Venom off Eddie and is about to eat it.

The only reason I knew what was happening then was because they stopped moving. I never knew who was getting hurt, who was winning, who was hitting/getting hit, or anything at all. It might as well have been a cartoon dust cloud with arms and legs sticking out.

It's the first fight scene ever that makes those goofy Transformers fights look coherent. They're complete pandemonium confusing stupid poo poo also, but at least the robots are sometimes slightly different colors so you can tell which side of the screen is which robot.

Uh, let me make a positive comment too. The symbiotes look awesome when they are moving around on the glass and some of the dialogue is p.funny, like the aforementioned "Pile of bodies... pile of heads!" comment.