Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

This was better than I expected it to be. It's a lot more fun once Venom shows up. It could have been way worse but was reasonably fun. The lack of gore in obvious situations where there should have been something anything was a tad, distracting I guess? I liked a lot of the small comic book nods they trickled in, the teaser was a great setup, so yeah it's aight.

The CGI for a lot of bits really did seem way below par for what ought to be possible these days. Venom looked real good p much through out, but some of the other symbiote sequences really seemed ugly and low rent. Final fight is underwhelming, but I'm at this point struggling to think of too many super hero films that actually satisfy me in that regard (Homecoming, IM1, Infinity War are the ones that jump out at me).

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Oct 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Hollismason posted:

It is kind of weird that all these reviews are "It's total poo poo but really enjoyable"

This film is a great example of the technical components being occasionally lacking, but the delivery and absurdity make it less distracting that stuff like the script, editing, pacing, and tone are all over the place.

e: This movie is a lot like some of the F&F films for me, some aren't objectively good, but they are massively entertaining and that deserves recognition and credit. This movie has some issues, but if you enjoy comic/super hero films then this is an enjoyable entry into the genre.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Oct 17, 2018

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Vakal posted:

No, save some so the sequel makes even more which will guarantee Maximum Carnage will happen for the third one.

If it took them until a 3rd film to merge it with the wider MCU and Spidey that might actually be alright.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Nov 29, 2018

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Rewatched this movie again with my cousin the other night and it is still mega fun and moves quickly on the rewatch. The effects look a little worse on the small screen, but it is just way too much fun not to enjoy.