Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Just got back from it. I kind of enjoyed it, Hardy and Ahmed were great. Whilst not great by any means it did at least have a theme of symbiosis/cooperation verses parasitic relationships.

Sucked to wait through a bad Eminem song for the mid credit scene and walk out as a good RTJ track played.

It was okay without Spider-Man but might have benefited from that relationship, but mostly I think Venom needed something breaking up all the black as his spider logo should. At least white veins or something.

Why did they establish Drake was born to English parents then have him speak with an American accent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I actually don't know much about Venom beyond the origin, I think I read a Spectacular Spider-man story with Eddie, then the transition to Mac Gargan. Any reading recommendations?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Venom was box office #1 in the UK this week with takings about equal to Johnny English and A Star Is Born combined. I guess it's doing better than I thought, although I should say there seems to have been a distribution issue for A Star Is Born that kept it out of one of the big chains until yesterday. I expect First Man or Star might knock it off but it's encouraging for chances of a sequel.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I just watched it and it was a lot of fun. Tom Hardy was just having the time of his life

Do we think "turd in the wind" was improvised by him?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

The MSJ posted:

Serial killer Cletus Cassidy who will become the host of Venom's nemesis/offspring Carnage.

Isn't one of the four Symbiotes collected unaccounted for? Venom, Riot, an unnamed one that was destroyed, leaves one more which send the best origin for it herr?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Deadpool is just a gift that keeps giving to the studio. He wears a mask so dialogue can be replaced wholesale, and they probably took loads of extra takes with different jokes like for the supercut. And it's a good time of year to put out something that can be bought for tweens.

Can't begrudge them it either, it would have been so easy for them to have not made a movie like Deadpool.