Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Joseance posted:

The US really loving loves voter suppression and all sorts of other heinous poo poo to empower the right. Here is a list of places that have their voter registration closing soon

https://twitter.com/ErickFernandez/status/1049004725197312001

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3870920

Registration deadlines are approaching. No matter how cynical or angry you are, it is extremely important that you vote. Yes, hosed up things happen to votes. Yes, the diebold machines are horribly compromised. It's still important that you go out and perform this act. It is your right as a citizen* to vote and one of the few ways you can directly make your mind known to the government. To those of you who say :matters:, gently caress you. Go be inconvenienced for less than an hour and check off the boxes.

*And gently caress disenfranchisement of felons. You rejoin society, you should get the vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am gonna vote for trump

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Vote em out

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
seriously though,

I always wonder why felon disenfranchisement is not a bigger issue but I know the real answer to that

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
fwiw, I already got to vote non-Nazis for my state parliament and district assembly elections coming up this sunday :)

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
I'm not even sure where I'm a resident anymore because I was only in the state I joined from for college. Sent some emails to find out where I qualify for residency and registration.

Guess I'm essentially stateless.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Just checked in MO. Still registered. Can't wait to vote for my old elementary school classmate for county councilwoman, even though she already won the primary and is running unopposed.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I’m voting straight ticket republican.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I’m writing in harambe again

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

We voted in the primary months ago and this Friday going to go do early voting. Add another "I Voted" sticker to my monitor and stop at a local brewery afterward for some :kav:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

If you live in CA you can vote by mail so there's no excuse. They even send you mailers with digests from the candidates and parties. The board takes it seriously too, they sent me an extra ballot by accident once and called me sounding quite alarmed about it.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Third World Reggin posted:

seriously though,

I always wonder why felon disenfranchisement is not a bigger issue but I know the real answer to that

Because it's not black people that can't vote, not the good ones anyway... because it's felons.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It's definitely about keeping the "wrong" people from voting.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My ballot will show up in my mailbox in a week or so. Colorado mails ballots to everyone registered.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
If you disagree with me, I'd prefer you not vote TBQH.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Ah, this ballot does not have Bernie on it? Must be some kind of clerical error.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Seriously though... I get to vote for Claire McCats-kill. *throws voting machine into void*

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

:smugdon:

fatman
Oct 20, 2005

"I DON'T WANT A RIOTING SCUMBAG AS A NEIGHBOUR"? WELL I DON'T WANT A FUCKWIT GUN NUT AS A POSTER
:fuckoff:

If you want to fix this, add this.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

If you do nothing, that's what you can expect. Political learned helplessness is bullshit. All national issues start local. Work your state, city, county representatives.

Also, would totally support bbq and taco trucks at polling locations.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Fine, but only because T-Switty told me to

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

fatman posted:

If you want to fix this, add this.

Also make election day a federal holiday.

They can just take it from Columbus Day.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

Also make election day a federal holiday.

They can just take it from Columbus Day.

Hey, they already took Lincoln's Birthday into Washington's Birthday, we can have another federal holiday

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

I tried to do tacos near my local polling station in 2016. You need a fairly detailed permit from the city and you have to cook anything not packaged in a commercial kitchen. Can't just set up a BBQ and go. :/

Apparently in Australia they have "democracy sausages" near a bunch of polling locations, bunch of local nonprofits go and do BBQs near polling locations, people compare which places are offering what kind of snacks on social media and such.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
In Nevada you can absentee ballot every year by choice. Don't even have to leave the house.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Wasabi the J posted:

In Nevada you can absentee ballot every year by choice. Don't even have to leave the house.

California's the same.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Colorado goes as far as mailing primary ballots (both if you haven't affiliated with one on your registration). Just have to drop it in a local ballot drop box or the mail.

No excuse not to vote here.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Colorado goes as far as mailing primary ballots (both if you haven't affiliated with one on your registration). Just have to drop it in a local ballot drop box or the mail.

Washington is the same way, although I'm not certain if unaffiliated gets both primary ballots as I've always been registered D

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Washington is the dumbest state in the primaries, though. The caucus comes first and is what decides who our candidate of choice is, then the primary ballot arrives two weeks later to waste paper and money on a vote with zero relevance.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Also I wasn't joking, but I'm not spending a lot of money. You don't vote, I'm using the stuff in this off-brand kit to build something that makes fun of you.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Don’t use a kit and also write it in C... no balls

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Woof Blitzer posted:

Don�t use a kit and also write it in C... no balls

present them

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

We're also like only one of three states (New Hampshire and Maine I think?) that allow election day registration.

Coloradowns.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I tried to register to vote in the midterms but since I'm registered in Georgia, they demanded via letter I drive down to GA to register, as well as to vote in person at my registered polling place, and would not honor an absentee ballot. (Has nothing to do with the fact that I am a registered Democrat I'm sure)

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lol gently caress the south. Just loving burn it all to the ground.

Everyone go outside and thank nature for climate change coming to kill us all.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Lol gently caress the south. Just loving burn it all to the ground.

Everyone go outside and thank nature for climate change coming to kill us all.

When one of the candidates for the election controls the polling and registration system, it's loving hilarious and by hilarious i mean absolutely white-hot infuriating rage of a thousand suns. Georgia loving sucks, the state itself is great the politicians and a good amount of the people not in Atlanta suck so much rear end though.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I have a grudge against Georgia that their people and politics conspire to make worse, but the mountains are amazing and the weather is generally pleasant aside from may- october. A land of beauty with some of the goddamned ugliest people to ever drive a rascal.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I have a grudge against Georgia that their people and politics conspire to make worse, but the mountains are amazing and the weather is generally pleasant aside from may- october. A land of beauty with some of the goddamned ugliest people to ever drive a rascal.

Oh god yes if you could transplant the mountains of north Georgia literally anywhere else minus the people it would be great. I drove through the Shenandoah valley up by Harper's Ferry in WV, which is the closest to driving through the mountains I can get in the DC area, and god the Appalachian mountains are gorgeous, but they're inhabited by rear end-backwards racists a lot of the time.

Lets take the chat out of here and back to dad chat or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

We're also like only one of three states (New Hampshire and Maine I think?) that allow election day registration.

Coloradowns.

Wisconsin lets you register at the polls, one thing Scott Walker hasn't taken away yet.