Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Illinois has three different dates, including registering day of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr_Ruckus
Jul 8, 2008

One good thing Mississippi is doing is letting people deployed vote absentee through email.

Now if they'd open that up to the rest of the state for non military that'd be great. I feel like the technology is there for mass online voting. The only problem is anyone involved has no clue about online security.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Mr_Ruckus posted:

One good thing Mississippi is doing is letting people deployed vote absentee through email.

Now if they'd open that up to the rest of the state for non military that'd be great. I feel like the technology is there for mass online voting. The only problem is anyone involved has no clue about online security.

Ohio allows anyone to vote by mail. Sent my form in a few weeks ago, as the place I have to go to vote the line is usually 2ish hours long. Also I could be in the hospital on November 6th, so I'm happy I did that.

Edit: wow dang Ohio has a lot of ways to vote https://www.sos.state.oh.us/elections/voters/voting-is-easy/#gref

Sarah fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Oct 11, 2018

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
You're not my real space dad!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Joseance posted:

The US really loving loves voter suppression and all sorts of other heinous poo poo to empower the right. Here is a list of places that have their voter registration closing soon

https://twitter.com/ErickFernandez/status/1049004725197312001
Holy lol is this idiot loving serious? New York voter registration closed today.

But, hey, it's just those assholes in that one party, amirite? It's not like there are assholes in two parties or anything!

Oh, gently caress, it's FRIDAY and not TUESDAY, MY BAD GUYS.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol if you have friends still in and you aren't voting PSL

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

orange juche posted:

I tried to register to vote in the midterms but since I'm registered in Georgia, they demanded via letter I drive down to GA to register, as well as to vote in person at my registered polling place, and would not honor an absentee ballot. (Has nothing to do with the fact that I am a registered Democrat I'm sure)

Call the ACLU? Might be worth something if only to give the ACLU more data for a future class action lawsuit against the state.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/ElectProject/status/1050863473301819398

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm actually early voting tomorrow; my uncle is running for county sheriff.

Semi-related, even if you believe nothing matters and poo poo won't be solved by voting away the power of the ultra rich (*raises hand*) it's still pretty important to vote in local races because local government affects you far more than national government.

Reverence
Nov 1, 2009

Hail Satan

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
My ballot came in the mail today!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Fun fact: the one time I tried to vote by absentee ballot (when I was still in), I got my ballot from New York on the same day that it was due back. :toot:

gently caress you, too.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I’m so psyched to vote that I’m gonna commit voter fraud IOT vote twice.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Larry Parrish posted:

Lol if you have friends still in and you aren't voting PSL

what do pumpkin spice lattes have to do with this?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My ballot came in, time to poo poo on conservative dreams.

Aaaaaaaaannnnnd..... done. Spent an hour just searching results for the judges up to shuffle feet, lose seats. Also voted to raise taxes.

So loving glad we get mailed our ballots here, I'd hate rushing my decisions in the booth where I have no time to look poo poo up if I was too lazy to read the mailer the state sent out before going. Gonna drop this poo poo in the mail tonight.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Oct 18, 2018

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

So loving glad we get mailed our ballots here, I'd hate rushing my decisions in the booth where I have no time to look poo poo up if I was too lazy to read the mailer the state sent out before going. Gonna drop this poo poo in the mail tonight.
In most states with booths, they don't even send you mailers. If you don't look it up ahead of time, you're voting blind.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't remember getting voter information mailers from TN when I lived and voted there. They would publish voting guide poo poo in the newspapers if you were lucky.

I had something like 10 judges to look up, five or seven other things to vote on (taxes, highway bonds, abolishing slavery constitutionally in the state) besides just hitting everything with a D next to it. Took my sweet rear end time from the recliner with the bong nearby. I wish you poor fuckers well standing in line in states without mailed out ballots.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I've never even heard of those. I wish I got some kind of information packet that wasn't funded by a party/PAC.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Google your local League of Women Voters. They should have a voting guide uploaded that includes statements by all the candidates, and statements for various issues on the ballots by any interested parties that care enough to submit them.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Taking my wife to register to vote tomorrow.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I don't remember getting voter information mailers from TN when I lived and voted there. They would publish voting guide poo poo in the newspapers if you were lucky.

I had something like 10 judges to look up, five or seven other things to vote on (taxes, highway bonds, abolishing slavery constitutionally in the state) besides just hitting everything with a D next to it. Took my sweet rear end time from the recliner with the bong nearby. I wish you poor fuckers well standing in line in states without mailed out ballots.

MD sends out the sample ballot ahead of times which is nice. I'm doing early voting next weekend because I'll be out of the country on election day, so it's usually not very crowded.

I think the only time I had to wait in line to vote was 2012.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I could vote early but I sort of like voting on election day.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

DoktorLoken posted:

Getting the big I VOTED sticker and wearing it all day legit makes me proud

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
This idiot voted.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This idiot voted.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

DoktorLoken posted:

A lot of people vote in my area for every election and lines are so long :(

I'm glad I did the voting thing by mail though, because standing in line outside with a newborn would be bad. :)

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I voted.

Hail satan

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Absentee ballots are grrrreat. Seriously who the gently caress keeps up on judges and amendments and all that poo poo. If I just went in to a booth I'd be flying blind as gently caress.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Voted weeks ago, mail in is great, I don't know why you'd do it any other way.

One of the guys on my ballot is literally named Pro Life

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

voted by mail already

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I wish I got a sticker for voting by mail

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Draw one on with a sharpie?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
So I got one of those voting info booklets people were talking about. I didn't bother looking at it, but I brought it to work since I knew I'd have a couple of hours of free time.

It's addressed to the previous tenant, and entirely in Spanish. Gotta figure out how to request one...I'm registered at this address, so apparently that's not good enough.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
the meow meow meow meow meow meow song but its vote vote vote vote vote vote

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
like meow meow mewo mow mewo meow mewo meow meow moewp meow give me that purina nad by purina i mean eat the rich mother fuckers

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
like imagine if the goatse hands in my av grabbed some drum sticks and started playing the drums and all and it was this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J2OlIpQgF8

but all goat trump

thats america right now and youre NOT the gold ring

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Godholio posted:

So I got one of those voting info booklets people were talking about. I didn't bother looking at it, but I brought it to work since I knew I'd have a couple of hours of free time.

It's addressed to the previous tenant, and entirely in Spanish. Gotta figure out how to request one...I'm registered at this address, so apparently that's not good enough.

Google "league of women voters" plus your state. They will have a voters guide you can download.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Filled out my ballot, but it's taking forever for them to scan them. Probably about an hour wait.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

psydude posted:

Filled out my ballot, but it's taking forever for them to scan them. Probably about an hour wait.

Tomorrow morning there’s going to be a dual campus student march to the polls. The polling place they’re going to has done half of the minimum amount of voters we’re expecting in the march over the past 3 days of early voting. It’s going to be a madhouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Draw one on with a sharpie?