Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kale
May 14, 2010

Zushio posted:

Let's just have a quick look at the N64 version, shall we?

Surprised how serviceable this turned out given the legends I've heard about trying to emulate it. Just a few textures failing to load here and there really. Didn't know about the Blockbuster distribution monopoly thing at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I played this on both N64 and PC (because a friend bought it for PC after he played it at my place) and I honestly don't remember the differences being this big. I mean, this was also over 15 years ago so my memory is probably a little fuzzy (that and you playing it on a memory muddies it a bit). The N64 still had all of the voice acting and voice clips from the PC version so really I think the only thing that made the PC version better is the same way that Rogue Squadron was better on the PC on account of being on a platform that allowed for modifying hardware.

Incidentally, neither I or my friend got much further than the 4th level so from this point on I'm blind for this game :)

Zushio
May 8, 2008
In this video we tackle the first level of Act 2. It's the only other level I don't really like, and it's nothing to do with the level itself, I'm just hot trash at point and click adventure games.

We now officially have the enough treasure to buy the "Secret Map"... but we're not going to for a long while. Indy is busy trying to save the world here, no time for wild goose chases from whatever inter-dimensional being appears between levels to sell us stuff. I assume Satan.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Given what we are seeing so far here, although this looks like a fairly fun game I'd say they were dead wrong about Indy being less suited to a point and click adventure... except for the awful fistfight sequences. Then again the combat in Infernal Machine isn't great, either.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Eh, it really just did the jump earlier than 3d could handle it. Just look at how popular uncharted was, and it's Indy with the numbers filed off.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

I haven't actually played uncharted but I do know it's crazy popular so yeah, point taken. I guess I was always surprised at how good a game fate of atlantis was, though. I think it's because the point and click style encourages a lot of dialogue and lateral thinking as approaches to puzzle solving, which just seemed to click with how roguish Indy is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Sorry for the delay in the thread. We'll be back on track shortly. Just having issues finding a quiet moment to record some audio. Should be a video up in a day or so though.

• Locked thread