Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

In my second game ever as killer, I was called "camping trash" when I only killed two of them total as Pyramid Head. Game is fun though I'm not so sure about the grind to unlock perks and such.

Would highly suggest leveling bubba(leatherface) if you have him, enough that you can get his teachable perk BBQ on all killers. It basically doubles your bp gain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
BBQ and Chilli is so good for grinding that honestly I forget about the whole aura showing thing half the time. Get money get paid

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I've got a question about We'll Live Forever and BBQ & Chilli, does the bonus only apply on actions you take after the counter goes up or is it just a straight up multiplier on everything you did once the match ends?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

multiplier on everything.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Azran posted:

I've got a question about We'll Live Forever and BBQ & Chilli, does the bonus only apply on actions you take after the counter goes up or is it just a straight up multiplier on everything you did once the match ends?

The latter. I believe every other method of BP increase only makes categories fill faster in-game, rather than multiplying post-game points.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The offerings only give postgame BP too. I thought I found a way to get max sacrifice points without actually sacrificing anyone but :smith:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

New patch is out. It seems they've (finally) fixed the "everyone has Iron Will" bug, according to the notes

Also some of Bubba's reworked addons are funny. Begrimed Chains makes people lose their held items now on chainsaw hits

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jul 28, 2020

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Good news, they reverted most of the Billy nerf and he's actually playable again.

Bad news, the aura system got a complete overhaul and the game is actively unplayable if you're colorblind. If you're not it's still hot garbage, especially on Ormond. Trapper's almost completely unplayable too! Also among other things, Plague now shoots from her breasts instead of her mouth hitbox wise, which is just bizarre.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Good news, they reverted most of the Billy nerf and he's actually playable again.

Bad news, the aura system got a complete overhaul and the game is actively unplayable if you're colorblind. If you're not it's still hot garbage, especially on Ormond. Trapper's almost completely unplayable too! Also among other things, Plague now shoots from her breasts instead of her mouth hitbox wise, which is just bizarre.
Someone was really bugged by "vommy mommy." Does this affect her accuracy or is it just the graphics?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

It's not a graphical change (survivors still see it from her mouth) but her arc is completely different now and you have to aim much lower to actually hit anything.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Man colourblind folks were already saying the scratches are impossible to see for them. Did a colourblind person beat up the devs at some point?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Wow, Bubba is actually viable now with the speedup while he's charging his saw. With Award Winning Chili he can in fact run people down

Still utter tripe on maps like Lery's where every chainsaw swipe means hitting a wall, but eh

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Just got off of Ormond, can confirm that auras are completely loving worthless. I'm glad Oni can drop people quick because I had basically no loving clue where the generators were.

Is giving Plague vomitties a buff? Who can say.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I think it whips rear end playing as Trapper and not being able to see where my loving traps are

E: although it is pretty sick that you can see the aura of the Entity's legs when someone's in the struggle stage

Danaru fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jul 29, 2020

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

The auras are like a secret nerf to all aura-reading perks. BBQ basically can't show you people working on generators anymore because of how they look now.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Dear Rank 6 No-Talent Motherfucker,

I am not sure it constitutes "camping" if, instead of completing a full orbit of the remaining generators, I check one and then turn back on the theory that you are probably being unhooked right now. Indeed, when you are being unhooked and you are the one I end up chasing, I would say that this is a sign of "ill luck" and "being outplayed."

I am also not sure what "tunnelling" is, other than something done by "bitch rear end c---s."

Postscript: lol at disconnecting while being carried to the hook during the final sequence. (That wasn't Mx. No-Talent Motherfucker, though.)

I think the Plague shooting her slime from her cleavage is a stealth buff because I was able to nail a number of survivors where previously I would have to walk it onto them. The aura thing wasn't that annoying but I didn't ever get the BBQ perk.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009
Really hoping they revert or fix the aura changes, if bbq didn't also give all the bonus BP at the end I would even think of switching off it entirely with how useless auras are now.

Was this change on the test servers ever? Or did they just push it through untested

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Primetime posted:

Was this change on the test servers ever? Or did they just push it through untested

Look into your heart. You know the answer.

(This was not tested at all, pushed in out of nowhere and has basically made the game unplayable. BHVR's quarantined all feedback on this into one topic on their forums and have refused to comment on if this will be hotfixed.)

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://streamable.com/g13j44

Bad place to go. Recording is a little choppy, was fine in game.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

We're gonna live forever is such a bad perk but I consider it my tax for playing with pubs.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I generally only play survivor when I have a daily, so I run plunderer, kindred, open handed, and ace in the hole. That way either I get some free poo poo on my way out, or I light up half the map when I get hooked. :frogdunce: I also play tuxedo and trucker hat Ace so everybody knows I'm a bag of poo poo

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I generally also just play killer, but I wanna get these surv rift challenges done while auras are shite :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Oh poo poo I forgot about the new rift, and this one's about Ace too :toot:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Had a game where I stabbed a Laurie five times in the face without her health going down. Finally she goes to work on a gen, I stab her again, she falls down. Go to pick her up, my guy freezes. Everyone teabags and clicks flashlights until I disconnect

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

I just had a weird game with some survivors with friends. They were absolutely running circles around me, but at the end of the match were like level 15. I also hit one of them and they should have gone down but nothing happened. Who knows.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Every chili needs some salt

Also lol it's always the one with the least amount of points that whinges

E: just remembered a match I played the other night, one of the survivors was a streamer so I checked out the VOD of my match to see what it looked like from the other side. He was SWF with another dude, and the other guy at one point goes "oh wow so she just HAPPENS to know every time I start to repair a generator" clearly implying i was hacking.

I was playing The Pig, with Surveilance.

These guys were rank 8.

Also the streamer complained about me "just loving with them" because I stood right beside him as he searched a jigsaw box and left when it wasnt the right one. I was being nice you dork

Danaru fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jul 30, 2020

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Olewithmilk posted:

I just had a weird game with some survivors with friends. They were absolutely running circles around me, but at the end of the match were like level 15. I also hit one of them and they should have gone down but nothing happened. Who knows.

sounds like the opposite of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRV1mgla1Rg

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I'm sure no one gives a poo poo about the tomes, but Hag's final video is hilarious. I had to watch it twice to try and parse the physics of it

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Speaking of salt :argh:

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jul 30, 2020

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Sometimes I'm glad I'm on the console version, where there is no end game chat and if someone wants to be salty, they have to go to the effort of sending a message attached to a friend request (which I will then delete without reading)

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Wasn't Leatherface able to destroy pallets with his chainsaw before the rework or was that only a thing for Hillbilly?

Edit: I guess he still does but the hit detection is very fiddly. Man, the new Leatherface is still so bad :( The chainsaw wasn't great before but now it's just a trap option - useless on any indoors maps and I feel like revving it up slows you down? Plus you get stunned for like five seconds if you make a mistake. It's just safer to play him as a M1 killer and forget the chainsaw is even a thing.

Azran fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 30, 2020

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Azran posted:

Wasn't Leatherface able to destroy pallets with his chainsaw before the rework or was that only a thing for Hillbilly?

Edit: I guess he still does but the hit detection is very fiddly. Man, the new Leatherface is still so bad :( The chainsaw wasn't great before but now it's just a trap option - useless on any indoors maps and I feel like revving it up slows you down? Plus you get stunned for like five seconds if you make a mistake. It's just safer to play him as a M1 killer and forget the chainsaw is even a thing.

Just avoid hitting walls or objects and it's fine. Also don't rev it up until you're close to the enemy or if you're coming up on them pulling someone off a hook.

https://streamable.com/rx72d6

:allears:

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jul 31, 2020

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Yeah, I was salty from a couple of games where the survivors were little pricks. I focused on getting a handle on chaining charges and yeah, it's definitely better than I thought :v:

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Yeah I was gonna say, LF's chainsaw has always slowed him way down while revving it. That combined with the worse acceleration curve meant you basically needed two or three seconds of no vaults to actually hit anyone with the chainsaw.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm only rank 14 but some of these people really gotta work on their juking.

Especially me.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The rank 1s I've noticed can consistently pull off this weird thing where I swing, they move in such a way that my killer's auto-aim takes over, by the time the swing finishes they aren't in the path of it and there's no way to correct it because auto-aim. It's very frustrating and I wish I knew how it worked

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I suspect they learn to see your wind-up animation? I had a hilarious bug where I grabbed a guy from behind with Myers while running that perma-Tier 1 mirror and... I just froze. For like six seconds. So did the guy, but he moved eventually and I dont' think he made any gen progress during this period.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Yeah, sounds like you're getting spun. Don't lunge and stick with a normal attack for maximum aim assist. You can wait a bit if you think they might pull a 360 and then swing. Learning to punish a 360 is useful, because if you hit them while they spin around they'll waste a good portion of their post-hit speed burst going nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Unrelated physics fun: I was using the iridescent hatchet head on Huntress and I whacked some guy with a fully charged one from like four meters away because he decided to leap out of a bush and try to flashlight me. He did a full 360 in the air and fell, dead in the Dying state.