Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
wot in the hell happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
the liberal shut the gently caress up :smith:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

hello again old friend

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

LT2012 was occasionally entertaining imo, but more importantly it’s 100% bullshit to perma posters by enforcing rules that weren’t in effect when/where they posted. There is no need to be “fair to the mods” when they make indefensible decisions.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jval6WwknUU

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

really queer Christmas posted:

hello again old friend

hosed up to say this when no one has posted the goat man

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Calibanibal posted:

LT2012 was occasionally entertaining imo, but more importantly it’s 100% bullshit to perma posters by enforcing rules that weren’t in effect when/where they posted. There is no need to be “fair to the mods” when they make indefensible decisions.

Mods .... are bad?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

But seriously gently caress the mods

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Tastykake posted:

hosed up to say this when no one has posted the goat man

this entire thread is dnd showing its gaping anus toward cspam

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Terror Sweat posted:

But seriously gently caress the mods
You would have to be a masochist to take the job.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Calibanibal posted:

but we need to purge anyone who isn't 100% sure that Bernie, a politician who has not yet even so much as filed as a candidate for the 2020 presidential election, is going to win the election

like seriously getting back to the actual primaries for a moment, with gabbard running is actually a sign that bernie is leaning towards sitting out. I'm guessing he has a deal with warren where warren goes in first and see how she floats and if she does well enough bernie sits out if she doe badly enough/fades bernie comes in.

Typo fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jan 17, 2019

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

if anyone other than TRUMP was president I'm actually not sure how much his affects biden in a dem primary cuz while there might be veiled references to it the field might stop short of blasting this sort of stuff at him (the general will be no-bar hold though)

but since TRUMP will be tweeting poo poo like this at him about 5 times an hour for sure it's gonna be front and center

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Typo posted:

but we need to purge anyone who isn't 100% sure that Bernie, a politician who has not yet even so much as filed as a candidate for the 2020 presidential election, is going to win the election

:qqsay:

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Typo posted:

He woulda won

He gonna win

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Typo posted:

POST YOUR MAAAAAAP

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
I mean again, to be serious for a moment, I like Bernie and think his policies and willingness to stand behind a progressive agenda come 2020 (unless ummm, the senate is 50-50 or 49-51 D-R in which case welp) especially after Obama basically waffled on passing anything more serious than seriously watered down healthcare plan. And if he gets into the general his chances of winning isn't really all that different from any other dem other than maybeeee Brown (who has a better chance imo) and literal hillary clinton redux (who obvsly has much worse chance of winning).

I just think in probability terms 1) he might not run because he's old and it's fairly obvious he's looking for someone to take up his mantle (warren seems to be that person atm) and 2) even if he does run, in a 16 horse-race primary scenario, no one horse is the favorite to win

Typo fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jan 17, 2019

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Typo posted:

I mean again, to be serious for a moment, I like Bernie and think his policies and willingness to stand behind a progressive agenda come 2020 (unless ummm, the senate is 50-50 or 49-51 D-R in which case welp) especially after Obama basically waffled on passing anything more serious than seriously watered down healthcare plan. And if he gets into the general his chances of winning isn't really all that different from any other dem other than maybeeee Brown (who has a better chance imo) and literal hillary clinton redux (who obvsly has much worse chance of winning).

I just think in probability terms 1) he might not run because he's old and it's fairly obvious he's looking for someone to take up his mantle (warren seems to be that person atm) and 2) even if he does run, in a 16 horse-race primary scenario, no one horse is the favorite to win

There's gotta be a few gullible republican senators that he can bribe with cabinet appointments and then immediately fire

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

bernie is a born LOSER he doesnt stand a chance

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Typo posted:

He's already hiring staff, he's running.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Typo posted:

in a 16 horse-race primary scenario, no one horse is the favorite to win

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

in probability terms, and in horse-racing terms,

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Terror Sweat posted:

There's gotta be a few gullible republican senators that he can bribe with cabinet appointments and then immediately fire

if this was still.....2008 or something sure maybe, I mean arlen spectre did switch parties the last time around

but the vast majority of both parties in congress have Leninist degree of conformity to their party line/leaders nowadays. With the exception of.....Manchin on the Dem side and Collins/Murkoswski on the GOP side (I guess one of them could switch parties esp murkoswski? But is there any proof at all either would be open to that?). So I think it's unlikely.

A lot of the current set of circumstance still go back to hillary's 2016 campaign in which everyone thought she was gonna win, so lots of voters voted for republican senate candidates specifically to "check" hillary's incoming presidency. Which probably dragged down 1-2 dem senate candidates who could probably would have being the tipping point for effective control in 2020.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Calibanibal posted:

in probability terms, and in horse-racing terms,

I don't like horses. They are coarse and rough and irritating and they get everywhere.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Typo posted:

if this was still.....2008 or something sure maybe, I mean arlen spectre did switch parties the last time around

but the vast majority of both parties in congress have Leninist degree of conformity to their party line/leaders nowadays. With the exception of.....Manchin on the Dem side and Collins/Murkoswski on the GOP side (I guess one of them could switch parties esp murkoswski? But is there any proof at all either would be open to that?). So I think it's unlikely.

A lot of the current set of circumstance still go back to hillary's 2016 campaign in which everyone thought she was gonna win, so lots of voters voted for republican senate candidates specifically to "check" hillary's incoming presidency. Which probably dragged down 1-2 dem senate candidates who could probably would have being the tipping point for effective control in 2020.

Lol, Collins isn't a moderate aisle crosser you rube.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ah thanks, I don't venture into CSPAM much and assumed it was D&D's FYAD-lite, a la Imp Zone, didn't realize it had rules lol.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Thoguh posted:

Lol, Collins isn't a moderate aisle crosser you rube.

yeah collins is still pretty conservative, but the fact that she is the -second- closest person you have to a switch-over potential shows how unlikely a senator party flipping is

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
bring back earmarks and just bribe Senators with pork to vote your way

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

gradenko_2000 posted:

bring back earmarks and just bribe Senators with pork to vote your way

this is unironically a good idea but is never, ever gonna happen because it's bad electoral optics, and also I'm not sure how much pork is required to get senators to break with party line these days because even if state X gets bribed a zillion dollars they mght still hate [pelosi/shumer/mcconnel/trump/dem president] more than they like the $$$

what I'm saying is that democracies don't actually work and Xi Jiping thought is the future

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

i think in probability terms, in a 16-person game of yahtzee, no one horse is most likely to get a yahtzee,

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Typo posted:

what I'm saying is that democracies don't actually work and Xi Jiping thought is the future

China is a democracy, dude

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

gradenko_2000 posted:

sorry, I meant western democracy

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Ah thanks, I don't venture into CSPAM much and assumed it was D&D's FYAD-lite, a la Imp Zone, didn't realize it had rules lol.

No mods, no masters.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Typo posted:

yeah collins is still pretty conservative, but the fact that she is the -second- closest person you have to a switch-over potential shows how unlikely a senator party flipping is

There's gotta be someone angling for the respectable maverick gimmick now that McCain's crashing planes in hell

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Terror Sweat posted:

There's gotta be someone angling for the respectable maverick gimmick now that McCain's crashing planes in hell

well...the list is basically:

Romney (LOL)
Collins (...)
Murkoswski

and there's like no incentive imo for Senator Lisa to switch in a Alaska when the state's PVI is what R+9, and plus she's probably genuinely fairly conservative as well and probably isn't voting for M4A in any case

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

TrilliontonNixon posted:

in truth, cspam has but one rule:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Typo posted:

well...the list is basically:

Romney (LOL)
Collins (...)
Murkoswski

and there's like no incentive imo for Senator Lisa to switch in a Alaska when the state's PVI is what R+9, and plus she's probably genuinely fairly conservative as well and probably isn't voting for M4A in any case

Just smh that more republican senators don't recognize any opportunity to grift a bunch of idiot liberals

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Terror Sweat posted:

Mods .... are bad?

all mods are cops are bastards

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Calibanibal posted:

i think in probability terms, in a 16-person game of yahtzee, no one horse is most likely to get a yahtzee,

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

gradenko_2000 posted:

do u guys remember when chinese democracy happened b4 the album 'chinese democracy' came out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

gradenko_2000 posted:

POST YOUR MAAAAAAP