Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ethel is the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I think you mean Princess Ethylene.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I'm not super sure why she lied to Jughead & Betty. Like, did she arrange for the Gargoyle King to attack them? I thought she & the dead boys were scared of it.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
This week largely felt like a part 2 to last week's, although I did enjoy Ronnie finally evolving the show into a true CW Original by opening yet another night club.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
The post-coital scene between FP and Alice followed by one between Jughead and Betty was... a choice.

Also lol at Ethel immediately trying to kill herself after kissing Jughead.

Shneak fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Oct 26, 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Shneak posted:

The post-coital scene between FP and Alice followed by one between Jughead and Betty was... a choice.

lmbo i can't wait to watch this week's episode

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
Could someone take a screenshot of this back of the G and G book? I think it may a qr code. I tried but I have Spectrum..

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

joebuddah posted:

Could someone take a screenshot of this back of the G and G book? I think it may a qr code. I tried but I have Spectrum..

Do you know around when in the episode it is? Haven't watched yet but I don't mind opening Netflix in a tab and skimming through for you.

e:

this thumbnail has me concerned that ruining a RENT song wasn't enough and now the show is moving on to ruin a Chicago song

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
It seems to be some sort of emblem related to the game.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, looks like some kind of symbol.

And thank gently caress it wasn't a Chicago song lmao

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Is this going to serve as the Sabrina thread? I think it comes out in like 5 minutes.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Argue posted:

Is this going to serve as the Sabrina thread? I think it comes out in like 5 minutes.

It's actually, like, uh, kinda good.

In the way that Riverdale is definitely not (but makes Riverdale super watchable).

I'm kind of shocked.

(First two episodes are actually one super extended pilot though, watch out).

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I enjoyed the first two episodes! It's much more lighthearted than I expected; not that it's jokey--more like optimistic. I'll definitely be watching the rest. There's a bit of camp, but just enough that it doesn't overpower the tone of the show. Also, I wouldn't call it horror, although it's shot like one; if anything I'd say it was closer to Buffy than Riverdale or Afterlife With Archie.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

poo poo I forgot Sabrina was dropping this weekend. Damnit Netflix I just finished Daredevil and need to play Red Dead 2 and finish AssCreed: Sufferin' Sappho Edition !!

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Archie is the ultimate power bottom, every season he is doing all the work for a demanding older man.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

^burtle posted:

Archie is the ultimate power bottom, every season he is doing all the work for a demanding older man.

You're sure about that? He was kinda oblivious to everything in season one. Unless you count the work he did for his dad.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I made a Sabrina thread because I was meaning to do so beforehand but got distracted.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3872618

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

cant cook creole bream posted:

You're sure about that? He was kinda oblivious to everything in season one. Unless you count the work he did for his dad.

I'm not going to put thought into my Riverdale hot takes.

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
There are several shote but the best are at the end of the episode

Thanks just saw a few screen shots

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Is Shawshank Archie going to be a thing for the whole season because ehhhh.

Lol at Veronica opening a speakeasy that serves mocktails. Hey fellow teens, let’s go drink juice with our friends and listen to terrible and sexy cover versions of Cole Porter songs.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

iirc they said Archie in prison won't last too long.

e: also ffs i listened long enough to confirm it wasn't from chicago but mussing up a cole porter song will be even worse !!

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
The number from Company is played pretty straight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIrzB5T_Hd8

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012
I just got caught up tonight from mid-season 2 territory. When Archie opened The Count of Monte Cristo and found the rock pick I burst into wild, uncontrolled laughter. God bless this show

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
The warden and guards deliberately gave that book to Arch to remiind him, "You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your opponent in the Leopold and Loeb juvenile detention centre's underground Fight Club."

Rhyno posted:

Ethel is the worst.
Archie has the worst impulse control. And he makes the worst snap decisions. He could have traded that bottle of booze for another pair of sneakers.

Can someone remind me about his reasons for claiming to be guilty of murder in court?
Did he think prison would be easier than being under house arrest and having another trial?!
And he already said he did the murder so planning and leading a prison break IMO would be counter-productive to whatever plan he had going in to the detention centre.

If he tries to escape and fails, he could be mad-dogged. If he tries to escape and succeeds, he's a fugitive. Even if the murder is eventually pinned on someone else he'd still go back to prison for breaking out.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Binary Logic posted:

Can someone remind me about his reasons for claiming to be guilty of murder in court?
Did he think prison would be easier than being under house arrest and having another trial?!
And he already said he did the murder so planning and leading a prison break IMO would be counter-productive to whatever plan he had going in to the detention centre.

If he tries to escape and fails, he could be mad-dogged. If he tries to escape and succeeds, he's a fugitive. Even if the murder is eventually pinned on someone else he'd still go back to prison for breaking out.

The trial was pretty much finished but the jury couldn't decide. Either he was guilty, or they would have to lock him up for quite a few years.
Because the prosecution knew that they would probably lose the case, due to lack of real evidence, they offered a deal for reduced sentence if he admits guilt.
Of course, despite his lawyermom's wishes he took that terrible deal in an instant, because

Binary Logic posted:

Archie has the worst impulse control. And he makes the worst snap decisions.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The trial was pretty much finished but the jury couldn't decide. Either he was guilty, or they would have to lock him up for quite a few years.
Because the prosecution knew that they would probably lose the case, due to lack of real evidence, they offered a deal for reduced sentence if he admits guilt.
Of course, despite his lawyermom's wishes he took that terrible deal in an instant, because

Also, he was feeling guilty not because he killed anybody, but because he COULD have killed somebody. Which in Archie's mind is the same as murder because he's an idiot.

Basically, when faced with any choice Archie will make the wrong decision. No matter how obvious the right choice is, or how easy the wrong choice is to avoid, or how many characters in universe are yelling at him "Don't be stupid Archie! make the right choice! Please!", he'll still find someway to punch himself in the dick for no goddamn reason.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Also, he was feeling guilty not because he killed anybody, but because he COULD have killed somebody. Which in Archie's mind is the same as murder because he's an idiot.

Basically, when faced with any choice Archie will make the wrong decision. No matter how obvious the right choice is, or how easy the wrong choice is to avoid, or how many characters in universe are yelling at him "Don't be stupid Archie! make the right choice! Please!", he'll still find someway to punch himself in the dick for no goddamn reason.

Well, there is one exception. He did save Cheryl's life. That would have been quite a waste of a good character.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I loved Archie summoning his dad's spirit to tell him to start throwing fights. A decision so dumb his brain couldn't make it all alone.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Well, there is one exception. He did save Cheryl's life. That would have been quite a waste of a good character.

Archie punching through the ice is still a badass scene. Even more badass because he really broke his hand doing it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Archie punching through the ice is still a badass scene. Even more badass because he really broke his hand doing it.

Specifically, KJ Apa did, in case someone didn't know that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Specifically, KJ Apa did, in case someone didn't know that.

AND didn't break character. Dude's hardcore.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I stand corrected, that decision and that scene are both awesome.

Rhyno posted:

AND didn't break character. Dude's hardcore.

For the record: Archie may be dumb, but I have nothing but respect for KJ Apa.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
tbh it makes me respect Apa less as an actor. Losing control like that isn't cool, even if you're only hitting the ground.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Open Source Idiom posted:

tbh it makes me respect Apa less as an actor. Losing control like that isn't cool, even if you're only hitting the ground.

What's your opinion on Jacky Chan? That man basically broke every one of his bones at some point or another.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Source Idiom posted:

He didn't lose control, he got into character and stayed there. That's retaining control.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

"Can Riverdale possibly get any lamer?" the universe screamed.

"Dungeons and Dragons is dangerous!" Riverdale replied.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Calico Heart posted:

"Can Riverdale possibly get any lamer?" the universe screamed.

"Dungeons and Dragons is dangerous!" Riverdale replied.

and then added "non-alcoholic speakeasy" for good measure.

Although I strongly suspect Reggie was selling drugs out of that speakeasy like an hour after it opened.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

and then added "non-alcoholic speakeasy" for good measure.

Although I strongly suspect Reggie was selling drugs out of that speakeasy like an hour after it opened.

“What? You TOLD me to ‘get rid’ of the Jingle Jangle!”

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Also I know this is some stupid nerd complaint but like

It's "Dungeons and Dragons". The rip-offs include "Tunnels and Trolls" and "Mazes and Monsters".

It's location then creature not creature and another creature think about it for one more second before you write it you loving hacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Calico Heart posted:

Also I know this is some stupid nerd complaint but like

It's "Dungeons and Dragons". The rip-offs include "Tunnels and Trolls" and "Mazes and Monsters".

It's location then creature not creature and another creature think about it for one more second before you write it you loving hacks

:yeah: tbh