Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
The Kaiju Eugenicists want a world where Kaiju are necessary, so maybe they want things to be back like they were when Akane's Kaiju reset the world after each of her Kaiju attacks, and are hoping that by causing so much chaos it will cause Akane to divinely intervene again? something like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lih
May 15, 2013

ah that was a really good episode, the best one yet

lih
May 15, 2013

Larryb posted:

Also, Anti seems to have been taking fashion tips from Samurai Calibur in the years between this and Gridman

Kind of a pity this series is almost over now (I believe it’s supposed to be the same length as the last one), I hope they keep doing these Gridman related animes every so often (next up, how about finally making the Gridman Sigma we never got back in the 90’s).

we're just past halfway, it's not almost over yet.

lih
May 15, 2013

I think this episode was actually fairly clarifying about some things. For one, the world seems to be another computer world but not the same one as Akane's, based on what Anti/Knight said. I think Dynazenon just has more characters and plot threads than Gridman did and that's why it's been a tiny bit slower to really play its hand. It was clear earlier on in Gridman that Akane was the emotional focal point of the series while there's just more going on here and things are just a little less clear.

lih
May 15, 2013

Ibblebibble posted:

I believe that gets explained in OG live-action Gridman.

wait, what does?

my theory at the moment is that the person who gave Gauma Dynazenon is probably this world's former 'god', equivalent to Akane, and part of the Eugenicists' goals are to get her to intervene in the world with her Kaiju again

they also did once press Gauma for information only for him to refuse to tell anyone much

lih
May 15, 2013

yeah Anti and Second seem to imply that they've been to lots of other computer worlds where kaiju have run amok, and this is just another one, but there could still be room for some twist further connection to Gridman or something

lih
May 15, 2013

I kinda wish this show was longer so all the plot threads & characters had more room to breathe but it's still pretty good & this episode was especially cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lih
May 15, 2013

Fivemarks posted:

Man I don't know what media you're watching, or Actually maybe I'm just spending too much time with crappy people who treat every single relationship between two female or male characters as if it HAS to be romantic, because i'm much more used to dealing with people trying to say that every single relationship between two men or two women in a show has to be romantic.

Which is not as bad as erasing LGBT+ relationships, but its still feels weird to me.

Edit: As far as I care, Rikka and Akane having a thing is a perfectly valid read. But so is them being close friends, that's also a valid read. But so is Akane and Rikka's closeness being a metaphor for IRL Akane being unable to love herself. There's a lot of valid reads, because I don't think that close emotional relationships are necessarily only of the romantic kind.
maybe you should stop exclusively talking to the goofiest gay shippers if you think they're so weird idk