Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
I didn't think I was going to like this after the first episode, but it's become the show I look forward to the most every week. Puts a huge dumbass grin on my face every time. I really hope we get a second season.

CrazySalamander posted:

Given that this is a contender for top anime of the season for me, are there other shows (from any point in time)people recommend? Are idol shows usually this good?

Love Live is a really good time, and each installment of it gets more over-the-top silly than the last. The drama bits mostly aren't really well-earned or well-executed but it makes up for it by being really charming and funny.

Idolmaster is a lot of fun too, with a ridiculous variety of episodic adventures like "the girls run a TV game show" or "Makoto beats the poo poo out of some yakuza suits". Lots of gorgeous traditional animation from former Gainax folks, too.

Aikatsu! is a kids' show and it has some of the merchandising trappings of that, but it's also a good time if you have the time for it. The moment that sold me on the show was the sheer insanity of the main girl Ichigo taking an axe to a giant tree and then riding it down the side of a mountain to bring it to campus so that her depressed classmate can have a christmas tree. CG is nightmarishly awful in the first few episodes but improves dramatically as it goes on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Yeah, it was surprisingly unambiguous and positive to a degree that I'm not used to seeing in anime depictions of trans people. I'm really amazed.

But that of course hasn't stopped people from declaring "trap" all over the place... why are people like this?

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Wark Say posted:

Wasn't a 2nd season more or less confirmed given how the 1st Season ended?

One can only hope!