Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Well it could be the manner of death, the scene didn't really focus on it because it would be pretty gruesome but by the scar she has on her head it looked like she got a really bad head injury from the accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Vorpal Cat posted:

Lol if this show about zombie idols resurrected to save Saga accidentally saves Sage.

Its pretty popular apparently and a lot of people in message boards/blogs say they want to visit Saga but complain that its so far away. Other people commented on how its the third highest fall anime in east asia so they expect to see a bunch of chinese tourist flooding drive in tori

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Any anime that has sailor moon grunt like a zombie and crow like a rooster is money well spent

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Azza Bamboo posted:

The twist is that Kotaro was driving the van

Its almost guaranteed given the license plate

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If its successful they might do more seasons its what one of the VAs has said. Either if it sells disks or if it increases tourism to Saga prefecture.

I think most netizens in japan think that Gridman and Zombie Saga are the most popular shows this season. If you check online videos for Drive in Tori and such you can see a lot of chinese people posting suddenly on it because its popular in taiwan/china

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So

Sakura: Truck Kun
Lilly:Heart failure?
Ai: Lightning Strike
Saki: Motorcycle Accident?
Junko: Airplane Accident
Yuguri:Beheaded
Tae: ???????????

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tae fetching the producer stuff in lieu of shampoo was very cute :3:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The character designs really do match their manner of death.

Ai being covered entirely in bandages because her skin fried to a crisp and Junko looking like she has different skin patches match that they probably couldn't find all her pieces

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Every single character was extremely powerful in this episode

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tae is becoming more human every episode and then she just howls at the moon

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

cygames is in the shows producer and the uma musume game they are doing has CG thats 10 times smoother

We all talk about how this show is saga propaganda but cygames is leveraging some tax credits from this and they are going to spin it off into a phone idol game

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Nov 16, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ummmmm lets just wipe this because...well

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Nov 22, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

the balance between comedy and feels is amazing in this show

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

We still have Yugiri and Tae. I'm thinking Yugiri is next after Saki, then a saga propaganda episode, a Sakura episode and then finally Tae.

Although the show has done incredibly well and having Tae snap out of her feral state would hinder the probability of a second season. I want the show to branch out to not just Saga, but the rest of japan. Show me cool tourist locations through japan with zombie girls Mappa

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The only real friction we got was at the start of the series and with Ai/Junko. Lily didn't seem to have any issues unless you were looking very hard (the hot springs episode has her freeze up when Kotaro mentions they were going there)

And yeah I'd love to see an episode devoted to Yugiri either getting to know how the more modern japan flourishes or how her old japan is dying. Oiran are a dying breed

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

https://twitter.com/sattou0/status/1065629856879149056

Inevitable

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Come on Kotaro, you can do this

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

CrashScreen posted:

I'm kind of surprised it was up for discussion anywhere at all. It seems pretty clear that Lily is trans, and there isn't much room to debate that given the very flashbacks in the same episode.

Yeah I think its relegated to the shitshow unmoderated sites. A few places have had a minority try to stir poo poo but they've all been shut down rather decisively

There is no way to interpret Lily as being anything but trans. Yes, the show doesn't directly say she's trans, but it doesn't need to. She identifies as a girl, lives as one dies as one and lives again as one. Its pretty conclusive when the voice actress says something like "She's not Masao anymore, she's lily" and "Zombieland Saga is the story of the friendship between girls"

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Nov 25, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

There's plenty of people in JP boards confusing it with the run of the mill otokonoko, but that's just because these sort of representation in media isn't really common in otaku culture.

Theres equally as much, maybe even more saying Lily is Lily or Lily has the heart/soul of a girl

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The show isn't going to show her with her head split open bleeding so we cant for sure know if she's supposed to have suffered massive TBI from the hit o from somewhere else.

Also the focus episode boost

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I want the unflappable Yugiri to have a meltdown when the girls find out that she's 19 and is smoking

What do you mean I cant smoke and drink!?
The legal age of adulthood in japan is 20 yugiri san!
This country has gone to hell in a handbasket!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

I don't think the necromancy was fruitless, but rather that it was used on something (girls whose lives were cut short) that would've been fruitless. Performing necromancy on the Adabana, rather than the necromancy itself being Adabana

Yeah, that's how I interpret it as well given what Kotaro said to Junko.

In other news obari is going to make a super robot for the girls

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Nov 28, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

That mcdonald pic is extremely pertinent in this episode. Also Tae is still the best

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tae was capable of lying this episode, she's basically at a toddler at this level

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I dont think it was done bad on purpose but they probably didn't care for it a whole lot. If their intent was to use the models like 2-3 times only then they would probably be better off just animating the scenes by hand. Then you factor in what is said in the anime and that the producers are a video game company capable of pushing out far better looking things then it all leads me to believe that it wasn't a priority.

That being said ZLS seems to be popular enough so far, so the possibility of extra seasons exists. Who knows, maybe next season they'll have smoother CGI sequences if their intent is to continue the SAGA perpetually

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Nov 30, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

saw that Tatsumi Koutaro is an imperfect anagram of Sakura Imouto

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Apparently EP11 is going to be another tearjerker so get your bodies ready

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sakura's voice actress mentioned some time ago that it depended on both merch selling or tourism to saga improving, both happened so a sequel or OVAs are inevitable

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

People have been calling it the sleeper hit of the season, something like kemono in that it went under the radar and blew up. The music disks were selling fine but the download for the singles were really loving high, stuff like very expensive tours around the areas that the producers based the scenes on were being sold out. I remember reading about some confectionery items that were produced in a local chain down there also selling out nearly instantly and people had to travel to saga to get them. And whats funny, people complained that the things were low in supply and they could expand production elsewhere and make it more available but were completely understanding that it was a way to boost tourism to Saga.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Saga isn't saved just yet

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

https://twitter.com/G1_BARI/status/1075778058974507017?s=20

Also volume 1 and a volume 2 of the disks are in spot one and two in the sales charts. Absolute zombie victory

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Dec 20, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Beasteh posted:

I also love that the tears we saw in the preview was actually drool

Everything about this show, since before it even started, was misleading us

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sephyr posted:

I do wish they'd given Yugiri a bit more spotlight and development. She may have living descendants. Or a customer who became a famous/infamous historical figure.

I don't know if it's a good or bad sign that having her be a single mother back then would likely cause a lot more harrumphing and huffing than Lily being trans and happy.

the hook is there for the next season with that weird dandy guy in the second to last episode

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

She mentioned Samurai would test out their katanas on random civilians but it was late 19th century and the Boshin war was already way over with, seems weird.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Viridiant posted:

I'm sad that Maki Kawase doesn't seem to have sung elsewhere. Junko's singing voice was one of my favorite parts of this show.

She apparently sang in Hisone to Masotan, she's the angsty pilot in that series.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I dont know how else to describe the one that piloted the F2 prior to her mellowing out

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Overwhelming victory in just about all age demographics (Except for OLDS which went to a place farther than the universe)

And women which seamed to like Cells at Work and Pop Team Epic a loving lot

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jan 14, 2019

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its niconico and I took the image from yaraon

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

A lot of the merch is actually in Saga. Like you have to get literally on a train and go to Saga because half of the reason why the show existed was to promote the prefecture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Wark Say posted:

Wasn't a 2nd season more or less confirmed given how the 1st Season ended?

I THINK I remember reading somewhere that pre-production had already begun based on some of the stuff the voice actresses mentioned but I have no clue