Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Saki would totally be up for it.

I can kinda see it.

"So, the rules are simple. You can bet on your own hand, or one your partner's hand. But there will be rotating mirrors behind half the seats, and the cards will explode if your heartrate goes above 130bpm. You are playing for nine quadrillion pounds sterling, five of your organs, and the freedom of everyone who shares a zip code with you. If there are no q.."

"ALL IN! Actually, screw this!" *flips table, drives bike over Council member, holds concert.*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I do wish they'd given Yugiri a bit more spotlight and development. She may have living descendants. Or a customer who became a famous/infamous historical figure.

I don't know if it's a good or bad sign that having her be a single mother back then would likely cause a lot more harrumphing and huffing than Lily being trans and happy.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Pinwiz11 posted:

All the more reason for Season 2!

True.

Then again, she's already shown smoking a pipe. I remember some time ago some biggish idol was thrown under the bus fo being seen smoking a regular boring old cigarette, so maybe Yugiri is already edgy.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Osama Dozen-Dongs posted:

With her period and profession she probs had hella chlamydia to induce infertility :shrug:

Well, from what I know Oirans were not four-bangs-a-day prostitutes but mainly entertainers, companions and artisans...that you _could_ also bang if you were really rich/important.

So yeah, I'd be betting catching a kid would be a bit easier than catching a bad disease. Like, only 8% or so, but there you go.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I'm guessing she slapped a monarchist during the Restoration, and then refused to slap a shogunate loyalist (who actually enjoyed being slapped) that might have helped her escape.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Wrong era. She's nineteenth-century, IIRC.

Maybe she ran afoul of a pre-reformation Kenshin Himura. The X-shaped scar is a result of her secret cross-slap technique.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Wark Say posted:

At first I was like "Hey, where's my fave child actress and gang leader?" Then I opened the tweet. :3:

I like that happy-Tae munching on people's heads is officially a thing now.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

Decided to give this a shot after watching the video the Mother's Basement guy did about it.

Holy poo poo that was some good goddamn anime.

Now to wait for Season 2.

Please don't ask me to pick a favorite Franchouchou because they are all perfect in their own ways.

You are hereby ordered to write a 500 word thesis about how Saki is the best.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Saw posts here and dared hope it'd be news about a new season....

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I needed this bit of silly good news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Can we dare hope for a Yugiri episode?